Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Dark Knight Thread

Adopted Bronco:
    Steve Atwater

I would recommend Jack Black for the role for The Penguin. I think he would steal the show. Angelina Jolie, Johnny Depp, and Jack Black are my choice. However, I dont know who would be the riddler. Anyone?

Angelina Jolie- Catwoman.
    Johnny Depp- Joker
    Jack Black - The Penguin
    ??????????- The Riddler

Quote Originally Posted by Magnificent Seven View Post
    I would recommend Jack Black for the role for The Penguin. I think he would steal the show. Angelina Jolie, Johnny Depp, and Jack Black are my choice. However, I dont know who would be the riddler. Anyone?

Angelina Jolie- Catwoman.
    Johnny Depp- Joker
    Jack Black - The Penguin
    ??????????- The Riddler
    Why not Jim Carrey again?

Adopted Bronco:
    Steve Atwater

Quote Originally Posted by KCLady View Post
    Why not Jim Carrey again?
    Jim Carrey? Hmmm it would confuse anyone. Like.... Is Riddler still alive from 90's? Ha.

I would rather them use Bane than any other main villain. He is literally the anti Batman.

Bruce Wayne=Rich dude who was born into it.

Bane=kid born in a prison located around some third world country.

Obviously Batman uses his abilities for good.

Obviously Bane does not.

There is other crap, but Bane ='s teh pwn.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

Adopted Bronco:
    Sammy Winder

The worst part is that they have used up the series' best villain in the second movie. None of the other Batman villains can come close to the Joker. Period.
    I think unless you can get a crossover between Marvel and DC which pits Batman against The Hulk...or something along those lines, the third one is going to be majorly anticlimactic. With the Dark Knight they have set the bar so high that any movie following it, Batman or otherwise, is going to be very hard pressed to top it.
    I hope they end the series right there. I'd rather see the franchise end right now than see it fall like Spidey did...
    "Chickens are dope..." - Von Miller

However, I would like to see Joker, Riddler, Penguin, and Catwoman work together to play against Batman, Robin, and Batwoman. It would be interesting to see the whole characters in once. Never seen before and I really want to see it.

Just like back in 1960's or 1970's on tv show. They were all battling on the submarine and everyone were on the movie.
    From what I have read (which I dont have links for) Bale told them if they ever brought in a Robin character that he would quit.

7. The Following User High Fived Arkansas Bronco For This Post:

Here's a short review I posted on another message board a few days ago:

I saw it at Leicester Square Odeon today.

Let me talk about the Cinema one second, WOW! As you may know, Leicester Square Odeon is where the Premiere's in London are held. I managed to get tickets for the Royal Circle, where the actors sit, and it was amazing. The atmosphere was amazing, people gave it a standing ovation at the end and we all made alot of noise. The actual sound at the cinema sends quakes through your seats. The seats themselves were BANG in the centre, best seats in the house, and they were really comofortable. You could stretch your legs in them, and I have some LONG legs. The Royal Circle has it's own bar, food centre and sitting centre. It was amazing.

As for the movie, WOW WOW WOW! This movie is epic, one you have to see at least twice. I want to go and see it again in the next 2 weeks. The acting was superb, the directing was superb and the storyline was superb. Heath Ledger's performance of the Joker was unique, he nailed everything about the sadistic nature of the character. Everyone played their part amazingly. The story itself was actually a very clever and intelligent movie, this is why I want to see it again, it's alot to take in considering the 2 hours and 30 minutes move length. There are some excellent action scenes as well. It's an amazing movie.

SPOILER WARNING

The Joker isn't actually shown to be killed. I wonder if they were planning on him coming back before Heath Ledger's death.

Also, I found the burns on "Two Face" to be alot over dramatic. Apart from that, I honestly have no complaints.

The phsycopath Joker managed to prove that even good guys can turn bad. What more did the guy want?

The, "Why so Serious line?" is amazing as well.

All in all, I give it 10+/10.

9. The Following User High Fived Retired_Member_001 For This Post:

GEM

Adopted Bronco:
    Von Killer

I got a great bootleg copy from a customer of mine...I have watched it 3 times since Saturday.

11. The Following User High Fived Benetto For This Post:

Anyone like my sig?

13. The Following 3 Users High Fived Retired_Member_001 For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by TheWookieeBronco View Post
    Anyone like my sig?

I will be glad when this is released on DVD!

Adopted Bronco:
    Steve Atwater

Can anyone names all Batman's villians' names?

Joker
    Two faces man
    Penguin
    Riddler
    Catwoman
    Scarecrow
    Mr. Freeze
    Poison Ivy

Can anyone names all Batman's villians' names?

Joker
    Two faces man
    Penguin
    Riddler
    Catwoman
    Scarecrow
    Mr. Freeze
    Poison Ivy

Nope I can't...what you have listed is what I know of!

I just saw this for the second time. This movie is amazing. I mean, I LOVED it the first time. But at least now, the second time, I can understand the movie. The first time, so many things happened it was hard to understand. Now after seeing it twice, I can understand everything. Unfortunately, there were some people who REALLY REALLY stunk next to me which ruined the first half of the movie. Of course, once the real action started, I zoned out their scent.

Amazing movie though.

I may see it third time.

18. The Following User High Fived Retired_Member_001 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    The Infallible Matt McChesney

If there were any way to top this movie, it would have to be some sort of legion of Batman villains, and it would still be subpar to the Dark Knight.

***SPOILER ALERT***

With Batman's love attraction not gone, as well as a good part of the cast from the second movie like Harvey Dent, it would be tough for any kind of improvement to the second installment. Because, well, all the other villains suck, maybe minus the Penguin.

But, as is, I really think the best part of the movie was the final line, which really could end the series then and there... it sets the stage that Batman will be the hero that nobody likes, but is taken for granted. I don't know if there's a better ending in any movie.

***END SPOILER***

But yeah. Jack Black as the Penguin would be ridiculous. He's got that edge to his personality that would make the Penguin a slightly better villain than most superhero villains... especially now that we know he can act a non-comedy role like in King Kong.

Johnny Depp as the Joker would just be weird, even though he plays a variety of (literally) insane characters a la Secret Window, Pirates of the Caribbean, etc... it'd just be weird. He could play a good Riddler, though, which is a less maniacal, more tricky Joker...
    Quote Originally Posted by OaklandRaider View Post
    But what can you say to an intelligent Raider fan?

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

My wife was telling me this morning that there was some talk about the next Batman plot possibility. Word is (or rumor) that Depp may play the Riddler and that the girl (or character) who died in Dark Knight somehow survived and will be Catwoman. But again, those are rumors.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information