Thread: Good Dline Play or Bad Oline Play?

Adopted Bronco:
    GENERAL GEORGE PATON

Default Good Dline Play or Bad Oline Play?

AN ALL-AROUND EFFORT
    The DBs weren't the only players looking sharp during Monday morning's practice.
    The defensive line disrupted play after play during drills, whether they be 11-on-11 or just simple line drills.
    On three consecutive plays, Marcus Thomas broke through the line to stop the runner cold. On 10 out of 15 o-line vs. d-line drills, the defensive players made it past their offensive counterparts to register would-be sacks.
    One player all over the field was Elvis Dumervil. Whether spinning by Ryan Clady to make a tackle or cheering on Larry Birdine after a good play, No. 92 made his presence known. And when he took the podium after practice, he quickly made it known that he sees nothing but positive things ahead.
    "I think OTAs went really well, and camp is going really smooth," said the third-year defensive end. "I'm looking forward to this year with a group of great guys, and I think we'll do much better than last year. The scheme is going really well. For just the fourth day of camp, we have a foundation in and the package going right."
    At 5-foot-11, 260 pounds, many draft gurus called him undersized when the Broncos selected him in the fourth round of the 2006 NFL Draft. That left Dumervil with something to prove, and though he has already made a big impact with 21 sacks in two seasons, he remains hungry for much, much more.
    "I've got a big brick on my shoulder. Y'all don't see it?" Dumervil said. "I'm still motivated. I want to get to the playoffs. I feel like I have a lot to learn and a lot of room to grow. I'd like to take the challenge to become the leader of the d-line room."

--------------------------------------------------

Im excited for the Dline. I think when you have a player bust through and make a stop in the backfield three plays in a row, its got alot to do with the Oline. The good news is, we have everyone on the Oline that we had last year, except Lepsis and Myers. Worse comes to worse, we can always play Clady at LT, Kuper at LG, Nails at center, Montrae at RG and Pears at RT. That would still be an upgrade over last years line. I think maybe Hamilton is taking some time readjusting, and Nails as well.

But its still good news to see the lines going at it.
    IN PATON I TRUST.

2. The Following 2 Users High Fived WARHORSE For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Number 7

Kind of like the thread mentioning about one of our backs (Torain) slipping past Moss and breaking a long run. We're kind of torn, because we've been jonesing big time for a decent front four, yet, now do we need to worry about how long Cutler will survive our front 5???
    Crappy line play on either side of the ball clears your schedule to be able to watch playoff games.
    "What do you want your dash to represent?"

4. The Following User High Fived gobroncsnv For This Post:

Great to see the DL doing real good. I'm not too concerned that Dumerville's been beating Clady, as earlier, it was Clady who'd bean beating him.

I am concerned about the OL as a whole, though. I haven't heard good things about them yet in these camp reports.

BTW, in these drills, does Graham also act as an extra blocker, or were they purely OL vs. DL?

I know that no one likes to put much stock in preseason, but it's a great test for the players at the line of scrimage. Clady starts off his NFL career playing against Mario Williams. Great test for him, although they will probably only play about a quarter or so. The Texans have a very good Dline so we should get a look at how our Oline is coming along.

On the other side of the ball, the Texans Oline sucks big time, so I don't think the play of our Dline against them will tell us much.

7. The Following User High Fived Ziggy For This Post:

xzn

Quote Originally Posted by Ziggy View Post
    I know that no one likes to put much stock in preseason, but it's a great test for the players at the line of scrimage. Clady starts off his NFL career playing against Mario Williams. Great test for him, although they will probably only play about a quarter or so. The Texans have a very good Dline so we should get a look at how our Oline is coming along.

On the other side of the ball, the Texans Oline sucks big time, so I don't think the play of our Dline against them will tell us much.
    Great preseason matchup. The Denver Broncos vs. the Houston Broncos. They kicked our butts last time. That would be a great test for our OL, with Williams and Okoye. Though it's supposed to be bad form in the preseason, I hope they blitz some just so we know how vulnerable our OL might be.

I like that Texans team a lot. I think they're just an OL and RB away from really challenging the Colts in their division.

I'm not getting overly excited about what happens in TC other than NO ONE IS going on IR..

It has been said by mikey numerous time that they already know who the first 45 on the team is, what his does in trim down to that last 8 players or so..

The only game in preseason worth watching is the second to last one where most of the starters will play 3/4 of the game..

Pardon me If I do not get overly excited till then..

10. The Following User High Fived Lonestar For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Jrwiz View Post
    I'm not getting overly excited about what happens in TC other than NO ONE IS going on IR..

It has been said by mikey numerous time that they already know who the first 45 on the team is, what his does in trim down to that last 8 players or so..

The only game in preseason worth watching is the second to last one where most of the starters will play 3/4 of the game..

Pardon me If I do not get overly excited till then..
    That's true, but I'll still be pumped to see the starting OL for a quarter in game one.

All the latest Denver Broncos news and commentary.
    Check out BroncoTalk.net:
    Denver Broncos - BroncoTalk Blog.

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by kmonty View Post
    That's true, but I'll still be pumped to see the starting OL for a quarter in game one.
    They don't play a quarter in the first game. About 2 drives is all we get. Week 2 of preseason isbwhere they play the first quarter.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information