Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Powell placed on "PUP" list!

Quote Originally Posted by omac View Post
    I have a feeling it's that darn sled they call the beast.

http://cbs4denver.com/slideshows/den...20.541664.html

Other teams don't have that, and they don't seem to get as injured as we do.
    I have stated before that strength and conditioning does not seem to be working in DEN.

I think it goes beyond the beast maybe we need to be looking at tuten.. Who the is the beasts brain child..

2. The Following User High Fived Lonestar For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Chillax guys, it's not like losing a rookie, second day pick DT is going to wreck our season. Sure it sucks to lose him but keep it in perspective!

Why was Powell not placed on the reserve/injured list
    Question about Powell's possible return this year.

OK let me explain. Today wide receiver Edell Shepherd was placed on the reserve/injured list , with a torn ACL. They did this Because he will be gone for the year. Denver then resigned WR Taylor Jacobs . So if Powells injury will also make him miss the whole year , why have we not placed him on the reserve/injured list yet? This would allow us to sign other player. Instead they placed him on the PUP . Here are the difference in them . Am i missing something here?

Currently, the NFL's injured reserve rule restricts a player so designated from returning to play during the season that he's placed on the list. For further information on the rules concerning the contract status and compensation for injured players, see the Collective Bargaining Agreement (or CBA

A player who begins the season on the PUP list must sit out his team’s first six games. After that point, the player is allowed to practice with the team through Week 10 of the NFL season, and can be activated any time within that window. If the player is not activated by Week 10, he must stop practicing and is unavailable to be moved to the active roster for the remainder of the season.

Now i know people don't come back That fast from and injury like this I understand that but why Not place him on the reserve/injured list and free up a roster spot ? It seems like it would make since to bring in other DT at least for training camp ?
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

5. The Following 2 Users High Fived dekers For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Jrwiz View Post
    I have stated before that strength and conditioning does not seem to be working in DEN.

I think it goes beyond the beast maybe we need to be looking at tuten.. Who the is the beasts brain child..
    Yeah all these injuries look bad on him.

What's bad is there's so much more time for more injuries before the season starts.

Quote Originally Posted by BaileyTheBest View Post
    Chillax guys, it's not like losing a rookie, second day pick DT is going to wreck our season. Sure it sucks to lose him but keep it in perspective!
    Yeah, but we could've definitely used the depth. Plus, he'll play like a rookie next season.

think the most logical thought here is we now have though week 10 to make a decision he maybe well enough at that time to be activated or at that time put on IR..

One more spot on the roster for the next few weeks is not that Important if they hold hope he could be back and get some playing time.. So he is not a raw rookie again next year..

Now It sounds like he is not going to be able to perform for awhile . But I think he can set in on any meetings and probably even work out and condition the rest of his body as long as he stay off the leg in question or at least not put much pressure on it..

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

Quote Originally Posted by BaileyTheBest View Post
    True, but Denver owes the Jets a conditional pick to the Jets for Robertson, the more DT's Denver has to put on the field the better the chances are of the Jets getting nothing......
    "Tuning ... into each other ... lift all higher”
    “I’m just different!”
    “ . . . Picture a cup in the middle of the sea”

Draft
    1st round— Cooper Dejean CB
    2nd round— Jack Sawyer OLB
    3rd round— Will Shipley RB
    4th round— Ricky Pearsall WR
    5th round— Ladd McKonkey WR
    6th round— Cash Jones RB
    7th round— Carson Steele RB

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information