Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Maroney could be part of Broncos' long-term plans

Quote Originally Posted by Northman View Post
    I think the biggest difference is Brady personally.

Of course, they have time. But really even going back to last year we are still fine in between the 20's. But we still have some issues on 3rd down and in the redzone. And last year we had a guy who was on the "Moss" caliber so something is still missing. It could be youth or it could be play calling. Maybe both. Hopefully we see improvement in those areas throughout the year.
    Pretty close. As far as Moss quality maybe on a bubble screen but getting into the END ZONE I do not think so. But then I could be wrong.

Yes until the OLINE solidifies and they play next to each other for more the 30 consecutive plays the short yardage and RED zone will be a long standing issue.

Gonna be posting from the road the next few days will be traveling to see VB in OKC.

Try not to miss me much. Or complain because my mobile posts look so bad. no spell check I can find on Blackberry and going from a 21" HD screen to 2.5 is even worse but it beats carrying a laptop.

2. The Following User High Fived Lonestar For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Quote Originally Posted by Jrwiz View Post
    Pretty close. As far as Moss quality maybe on a bubble screen but getting into the END ZONE I do not think so. But then I could be wrong.

Yes until the OLINE solidifies and they play next to each other for more the 30 consecutive plays the short yardage and RED zone will be a long standing issue.

Gonna be posting from the road the next few days will be traveling to see VB in OKC.

Try not to miss me much. Or complain because my mobile posts look so bad. no spell check I can find on Blackberry and going from a 21" HD screen to 2.5 is even worse but it beats carrying a laptop.
    Just download a spellcheck.

Quote Originally Posted by LRtagger View Post
    This isn't right. We sent a 7th to Det in the Scheffler trade where we got a 5th back. Where did that 5th go?

Did we get a 6th with Gronkowski in the Smith trade?
    The 5th for Scheffler brought Perrish Cox. Who, ironically enough, pushed Smith out to Detroit for Gronkowski. Broncos had no 7th round pick last year as that went to Detroit in the Scheffler deal as well (they almost had to pay someone to take the guy, apparently). Broncs then traded T. Bay for a pair of 7th which brought Kirlew and Thompson. I'm not totally sure of the picks involved in the Smith/Gronkowski deal. I read somewhere that the 6th that came with Gronkowski was conditional and could move all the way up to a 4th if Smith met certain benchmarks this season.

Quote Originally Posted by rcsodak View Post
    The 5-11 210 "battering ram"!

Who doesn't dish out punishment but receives it.

Laurence Maroney | # | RB

Denver Broncos | Official Team Site

Height: 5-11 Weight: 220 Age: 25

Born: 2/5/1985 St. Louis , MO

College: Minnesota

Experience: 5th season

He was a little heavier in 2009. Looks to have lost a bit of weight but 220 is still no slouch and Maroney runs tough. IIRC most of his TD's were inside the 20.
    "Oh I’m sorry, did I break your concentration?”
    Jules Winnfield - Pulp Fiction

Quote Originally Posted by Northman View Post
    Just download a spellcheck.
    To little RAM as we speak have other prioirities.

Guess Y'all will have to deal with it.
    Mobile Post via Mobile.BroncosForums.com/forums

Adopted Bronco:
    Darrent Williams

About all the draft position picks next season...

who knows where we will end up, the way Josh trades up and down and all around?

Look at how he manipulated the picks to get up to 2 first round picks this year?

I just dont see it as any big deal... swapping a 4 for a 6 and getting somebody like Maroney who can contribute right now.

8. The Following User High Fived PAINTERDAVE For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by LRtagger View Post
    watch your mouth boy. Hillis was a 7th rounder!
    lol...yeah I know. Like I said.
    Bitter Clinger. Deal with it.

Quote Originally Posted by nevcraw View Post
    that's pretty close to the philosphy our coach and FO. However, their throw-aways have no ceiling.
    1 high pick dealt. For all we know, gronk may be a keeper. Not yet time to label them being worse than others.

Quote Originally Posted by DenBronx View Post
    Laurence Maroney | # | RB

Denver Broncos | Official Team Site

Height: 5-11 Weight: 220 Age: 25

Born: 2/5/1985 St. Louis , MO

College: Minnesota

Experience: 5th season

He was a little heavier in 2009. Looks to have lost a bit of weight but 220 is still no slouch and Maroney runs tough. IIRC most of his TD's were inside the 20.
    My point was he's not a "pile mover". King was on Sirius NFL. Said he labeled maroney as 'inconsequential'. High on him as a rook. But says he's NOT a hard worker (REASON HE'S ALWAYS HURT?). Does NOT seem to fight for extra yards if he runs into a pile on the LOS. Says he wasn't a good fit with the Pats team philosophy and not real sure why McD would want him. Guess we'll see.

12. The Following 2 Users High Fived rcsodak For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Jake Butt

Quote Originally Posted by rcsodak View Post
    My point was he's not a "pile mover". King was on Sirius NFL. Said he labeled maroney as 'inconsequential'
    exactly... good post.

Quote Originally Posted by robert ethan View Post
    I read somewhere that the 6th that came with Gronkowski was conditional and could move all the way up to a 4th if Smith met certain benchmarks this season.
    We know that can't be the case because we just traded away our 4th round pick. The NFL wouldn't have allowed the trade for Maroney if our 4th was a conditional pick to go to someone else.
    (the previous comment was not directed at any particular individual and was not intended to slander,disrespect or offend any reader of said statement)

15. The Following User High Fived Ravage!!! For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Ravage!!! View Post
    We know that can't be the case because we just traded away our 4th round pick. The NFL wouldn't have allowed the trade for Maroney if our 4th was a conditional pick to go to someone else.
    It's the other way round. The 4th would be coming to Denver if Alf has a sensational year in Detroit, otherwise 5th or 6th at worst.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravage!!! View Post

Quote Originally Posted by robert ethan
    I read somewhere that the 6th that came with Gronkowski was conditional and could move all the way up to a 4th if Smith met certain benchmarks this season.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information