Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Thread: Question for the Tebow fans

Quote Originally Posted by GGMoogly View Post
    I'm just glad we have "Purity Police" and the "The Keepers Of The Orthodoxy" here to tell us who the "real" fans are, you know...because it's so important...to know that.
    I think the distinction was more Broncos fan vs. Tebow fan. Then it turned to how people became fans. I think people were just trying to understand if Jaxgirl really was here for the Broncos, or just a player. I think that matters because it will tell if you are going to look at the TEAM or is the agenda screw what is good for the TEAM and put one player in front of that TEAM.

2. The Following 3 Users High Fived GEM For This Post:

wow some of you "TRUE" Broncos fans are really a piece of work, some of the comments on this thread are eye opening as a newer broncos fan -DUE TO Tebow

Instead of most comments saying, welcome and thanks for cheering for the team, it's if your just a bandwagon b/c of TT we could care less for you

Hey I got news for you - it's week 2 and YOUR/our team played like crap last week. What the heck were you cheering about anyways?

It's amazing that you can't even let people get to know the team before crapping on the newbies. Yes a good chunk of us came here because TT came here, and we would have probably taken just as much interest in another team had they taken him, so what. If he was traded tomorrow I would go to (because it's week 2 and I have nothing invested yet) that is a reality. So does that make me a bandwagon fan or just someone who recently started to take interest in a team because of an amazing athlete?

I want the team to do well, and I want TT to start when he is going to help the team, that doesn't mean he is going to win every game, but you do have to lose some as a starter to get better, just look what happened at Flordia after we lost to Ole Miss that year, folks its called "THE SPEECH"

Most fans around the league haven't given two thoughts about the Broncos since old number 7 left town and that is because there hasn't been anything to get excited about.

Same thing is happening down here in South Floirda, since Marino left its been hard to get excited about the Fins, and fans is from fanatics, and its really hard to be fanatic about mediocrity or poor performance.

Let's see what the Broncos do to earn our cheers and maybe then some will stick around, but if you traded him tomorrow to anyone but the damn Jets or Pats I would be looking for another board to chime in on and say hello.

I am not offended by the question, nor by any of the reactions, but some of the comments from the TRUE fans are a joke and just feed into the trolling that can go on
    Last edited by lgenf; 09-17-2010 at 10:51 AM.

4. The Following User High Fived lgenf For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    the Greek

Quote Originally Posted by GEM View Post
    I think the distinction was more Broncos fan vs. Tebow fan. Then it turned to how people became fans. I think people were just trying to understand if Jaxgirl really was here for the Broncos, or just a player. I think that matters because it will tell if you are going to look at the TEAM or is the agenda screw what is good for the TEAM and put one player in front of that TEAM.
    With all due respect...so what? Would anyone be harmed if she did like only one player?

Quote Originally Posted by lgenf View Post
    wow some of you "TRUE" Broncos fans are really a piece of work, some of the comments on this thread are eye opening as a newer broncos fan -DUE TO Tebow

Instead of most comments saying, welcome and thanks for cheering for the team, it's if your just a bandwagon b/c of TT we could care less for you

Hey I got news for you - it's week 2 and YOUR/our team played like crap last week. What the heck were you cheering about anyways?

It's amazing that you can't even let people get to know the team before crapping on the newbies. Yes a good chunk of us came here because TT came here, and we would have probably taken just as much interest in another team had they taken him, so what. If he was traded tomorrow I would go to (because it's week 2 and I have nothing invested yet) that is a reality. So does that make me a bandwagon fan or just someone who recently started to take interest in a team because of an amazing athlete?

I want the team to do well, and I want TT to start when he is going to help the team, that doesn't mean he is going to win every game, but you do have to lose some as a starter to get better, just look what happened at Flordia after we lost to Ole Miss that year, folks its called "THE SPEECH"

Most fans around the league haven't given two thoughts about the Broncos since old number 7 left town and that is because there hasn't been anything to get excited about.

Same thing is happening down here in South Floirda, since Marino left its been hard to get excited about the Fins, and fans is from fanatics, and its really hard to be fanatic about mediocrity or poor performance.

Let's see what the Broncos do to earn our cheers and maybe then some will stick around, but if you traded him tomorrow to anyone but the damn Jets or Pats I would be looking for another board to chime in on and say hello.

I am not offended by the question, nor by any of the reactions, but some of the comments from the TRUE fans are a joke and just feed into the trolling that can go on
    Good read on the situation. If one didn't know better, one might mistake us for Raider fans.
    I have no pride and I know no shame

Quote Originally Posted by lgenf View Post
    Oh, you only cheer for a winning team? So you're a Tebow fan, and a fair weather fan. I get it.

7. The Following 3 Users High Fived I Eat Staples For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by I Eat Staples View Post
    Oh, you only cheer for a winning team? So you're a Tebow fan, and a fair weather fan. I get it.
    HA HA!

Yes all South Florida Fans are fair weather - did you not see us win the world series twice with our Marlins and then abandon them like they were the plague.

No my statement was not cheering for a team, rather cheering is a verb and is a response/reaction to something that one likes.

I cheered when they introduced the team, I cheered when they made a good play - sadly.........there just wasn't enough of those plays to say I cheered for the team the entire game

As stated above, I want the team to do well, and I do think that Orton proved he is QB1, but TT is a quick study and has already proved many people wrong in his life and this challenge that is before him is yet another chance to do that, and I look forward to the day where he is introduced as the starting QB and we all get to enjoy watching him/and the team do well.

No I do not think Tim Tebow walks on water..............he floats slightly above it so as to not get his shoes wet (lgenf 2010)

9. The Following User High Fived lgenf For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by I Eat Staples View Post
    Exactly...you might not be happy with the way your team plays...but you always cheer for them...cuss them and cheer them.

11. The Following 3 Users High Fived KCL For This Post:

With all due respect...so what? Would anyone be harmed if she did like only one player?

Good read on the situation. If one didn't know better, one might mistake us for Raider fans.
    It's the BRONCOS board....if you only like a player, find a player board. The main issue is cramming said player down our throats. If your only purpose is the advancement of a certain player, the TEAM board probably won't fit your agenda.

13. The Following 3 Users High Fived GEM For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Tebow/Miller/Decker/McGee

It's the BRONCOS board....if you only like a player, find a player board. The main issue is cramming said player down our throats. If your only purpose is the advancement of a certain player, the TEAM board probably won't fit your agenda.
    Ok guys can we get to the important thing right now? The game on Sunday. Yes, I am a fan. So let us move on............

15. The Following User High Fived JaxBroncoGirl For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by jaxgatorgirl3 View Post
    Ok guys can we get to the important thing right now? The game on Sunday. Yes, I am a fan. So let us move on............
    no ish. good post. let it go folks, get off the whole is Jaxgator a bronco fan or a tebow fan bs and move on. geesh. Loosers

I wasn't attacking jaxgirl. It was reaction to the last few posts where some asked further and they required response. Again, and I don't know how many times I need to repeat it, I have no issue with new BRONCOS fans. I have issues with Tebow fans who don't care one wink about the BRONCOS coming on a BRONCOS website and telling me how terrible our starting QB is, when he isn't as terrible as they are saying, just for the sake of making their true agenda. If you don't cared diddly squat about the Broncos, go to a player's message board....or do as Jaxgirl has done, try to learn something about the Broncos....you just might like the team.

I think I cleared that with her yesterday. I don't have animosity to new fans who want to learn more about the Broncos. I welcome new fans of the BRONCOS. If Tim is leading their way here, great. If they are here ONLY for Tim, I'm guessing they have Tim fan sites.

18. The Following 3 Users High Fived GEM For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by bronconut View Post
    no ish. good post. let it go folks, get off the whole is Jaxgator a bronco fan or a tebow fan bs and move on. geesh. Loosers
    Look at nut on his shiny white horse.....

20. The Following 2 Users High Fived GEM For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    the Greek

Again I ask, what difference does it make to you? I don't remember being required to read Jagsbch's posts or forced to respond to Jaxgirl. So what if they have an agenda? I personally LOVE the Tebow stuff (BTW, thanks for making it harder to find.) I seriously don't understand the rudeness and disrespect these two in particular, but other new Tebow fans as well, have faced. It makes us all look very small.
    I have no pride and I know no shame

Actually nut I started this thread after Jags made his thread with all it's nonsense...I'm not even a Broncos fan but I am a fan nonetheless and honestly the Tebow talk has worn a little thin IMO...just my POV after reading his post and yes he has every right to post...ya know we all have an opinion like something else we all have...

Maybe I shouldn't have started the thread but quite a few Denver fans did agree with me.

23. The Following User High Fived KCL For This Post:

Look at nut on his shiny white horse.....

nut..settle down..it's Friday...

Again I ask, what difference does it make to you? I don't remember being required to read Jagsbch's posts or forced to respond to Jaxgirl. So what if they have an agenda? I personally LOVE the Tebow stuff (BTW, thanks for making it harder to find.) I seriously don't understand the rudeness and disrespect these two in particular, but other new Tebow fans as well, have faced. It makes us all look very small.
    If opinions equal disrespect...then we all need to stop posting...

26. The Following User High Fived KCL For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information