Thread: Madden Help

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Default Madden Help

Ok, so I have this friend who absolutely KILLS me with his tight end every time we play. I try every defense possible and I can't stop him. I can usually stop everything else he does but every time he goes to the tight end he nails me for 20 yards or so. Any tips to help me stop him.

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Is he playing with the same team every time?
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Quote Originally Posted by MissouriBronc View Post
    Is he playing with the same team every time?
    Nope, regardless of what team he uses he kills me with his TE. He tends to use the Vikings or Cowboys but not all the time. It must just be a weakness on the Broncos defense in Madden because I've tried everything.

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by BaileyTheBest View Post
    Nope, regardless of what team he uses he kills me with his TE. He tends to use the Vikings or Cowboys but not all the time. It must just be a weakness on the Broncos defense in Madden because I've tried everything.
    Swap packages...put D.J. on him instead of Gold or Webster.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

I haven't played Madden in a while, and I haven't used this much, but there's a matchup option, too, isn't there. So on every pass play a certain player would cover the tight end...say Foxworth for example, or maybe Hamza, or even Champ if you have to.

6. The Following User High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Running some zone blitzes to the strong side might also help confuse him.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

I haven't played Madden in a while, and I haven't used this much, but there's a matchup option, too, isn't there. So on every pass play a certain player would cover the tight end...say Foxworth for example, or maybe Hamza, or even Champ if you have to.
    I thought of that but I haven't tried it yet. That will probably be my best option.

what player do you control when you play defense? what defense do you run?
    I don't know much about anything. In fact, I am one of the dumbest people alive.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

I always control one of the d-linemen. I suck at controlling guys in the secondary. I run a 4-3 defense.

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

I always control one of the d-linemen. I suck at controlling guys in the secondary. I run a 4-3 defense.
    Control the middle or strong-side linebacker and hang under neath him and let the safeties help over the top with a robber-type defense. Might help...

use a 4-6 playbook, it still has the 4-3 formation. i run a lot of cover 3, and i personally control the mlb.

if he's going to the TE consistently, then control the linebacker or safety that is covering him and take the TE out of the play. you can't rely on the computer to shut a person down, you gotta learn to take matters into your own hands.

i blitz maybe 5 times a game, but get plenty of coverage sacks. focus on taking the TE out of the play with a user-controlled player, but then look at the rest of the field from the offensive perspective. pick the guy that you would throw to and be ready to switch and make a play when your friend throws the ball.

p.s. a person who controls a d-lineman is the first sign of a player that i can beat. you almost never get sacks by controlling a d-lineman, but you can make lots of stops by controlling a linebacker or safety in zone coverage, just spot the open man and make the play. if you want sacks, then control a blitzing linebacker and find a gap. you're putting too much in the hands of computer-controlled players by occupying a d-lineman.
    I don't know much about anything. In fact, I am one of the dumbest people alive.

13. The Following User High Fived shank For This Post:

If he is going to the TE, he is probably running the same 2-3 plays over and over again. I assume one of them is the QB Boot with the TE running an out route. You can burn anyone with that one. If he is using this one, then just control a LB and move the LB to the side he is throwing to. You will usually INT/Deflect the pass.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Thanks for the tips guys. I beat him 61-30 tonight and held his TE relatively in check. Even got a user pick with Champ once.

16. The Following 2 Users High Fived BroncoWave For This Post:

Running some zone blitzes to the strong side might also help confuse him.
    that is right sir.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information