Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Thread: Cutler says he can trust Martz, unlike McDaniels

I'd quote your post if I could, t, but its too long on this mobile link. Just wanted to say that JC had a fit when told that "everybody is tradeable". Almost like he felt "untouchable".
    Oh, and, about your wife.........

Mobile Post via Mobile.BroncosForums.com/forums
    Last edited by rcsodak; 09-10-2010 at 02:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Northman View Post
    Well, of course. But as i know first hand when it comes to opening my mouth first before thinking there is always consequences. But the problem for Jay was more than just words, it was his actions that helped along that process. In the end it was a stinging point for Jay and he just could not move on and he is the only one accountable for his own actions there.

Sure, at that point im sure that McD thought he could resolve the issue with Jay until the "we will do anything to make the team better" quote came from McD soured Jay some more.

All true.

Again, all true. But my biggest beef with Jay is that before McD arrived it was HIS team. Meaning, Jay is supposed to worry about getting support from his fellow players and his Boss Bowlen. He disregarded any phone calls to both of them prior to be traded which showed me he was being more "selfish" than a "team" guy. If it were me i would of gone the route of making sure i was on the same page with my teammates and the guy who signs my checks. If McD wanted to play games i wouldnt of folded and fell for his games hook, line, and sinker. In the end Jay let his teammates down when he couldnt get his priorities straight. IMO
    I've never held the position that Jay did no wrong, and McD did it all wrong. Only that there were clearly two sides to this story, and there is enough questionable actions coming from the Broncos camp to think that some of what Jay says might have some truth -- in terms of what he claims McDaniels told him/didn't tell him.

That said, Jay handled it very badly. No question. I've simply always held the position that they both screwed the pooch. McDaniels getting caught up in the chance to get his QB, and having it blow up in his face. Jay getting 'offended' that McD tried to trade him, and then them both acting their age in dealing with the fallout.

3. The Following User High Fived Tned For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by rcsodak View Post
    I'd post your post if I could, t, but its too long on this mobile link. Just wanted to say that JC had a fit when told that "everybody is tradeable". Almost like he felt "untouchable".
    Oh, and, about your wife.........

Yea, the mobile is a pain for quoting, especially long ones.

No question Jay showed his immaturity and probably only hurt himself. I would like to think if I was Jay, I would have asked for a meeting with McD, possibly Bowlen also, and say, "Hey, I understand why you wanted to work with a QB that you knew and had confidence in. Did it bother me you tried to trade me, **** yea. However, I want to tell you that I am committed to this team and my teammates, and prepared to prove to you that the trade falling through will be the best move you ever make, coach" or some shit like that. Not throw my toys out of the pram.

P.S. I also don't buy the defense some have used when defending Jay of saying, "he was given bad advice by his agent, who wanted to use this to get a bit extension.". This was on Jay, just like the other side of the fallout was on McD.

Quote Originally Posted by Nomad View Post
    Gotta have a milkshake with it as well!! Or go to Dairy Queen because they'll be closing down for the winter in a few weeks!!
    WOW! DQ closes up in the nodak tundra for the winter? WTF have you gotten yourself into!?
    Bitter Clinger. Deal with it.

Adopted Bronco:
    Josh McDaniels Sucks

Lets Blame the 23 year old kid. And not the 32 year old man who lied to him in the first place.

If any of us found out that you were going to be replaced when you were told that you were the key cog in the company, ya'll would be pissed too.

Cutler might have acted harsh in part of this tiff, but McD acted like a down right snake turd.
    Thanks MO for the wicked Sig.

7. The Following 3 Users High Fived claymore For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Always King87

Quote Originally Posted by rcsodak View Post
    WOW! DQ closes up in the nodak tundra for the winter? WTF have you gotten yourself into!?
    Yep, at least here in Minot!! They usually shutdown around the beginning or end of Oct (can't remember) and open back up in the spring!! No DQ blizzards in the winter....cookie dough and m&m:thumbsup:!!

Is it the same way in Grand Forks, turf?!!

Adopted Bronco:
    Marcus Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by claymore View Post
    Lets Blame the 23 year old kid. And not the 32 year old man who lied to him in the first place.

If any of us found out that you were going to be replaced when you were told that you were the key cog in the company, ya'll would be pissed too.

Cutler might have acted harsh in part of this tiff, but McD acted like a down right snake turd.
    Jay was 27 days away from his 26th birthday when he was traded, Orton is the same age as him and has never trashed his old team even though they did way more to act like they didn't want him(on more than one occasion). Jay's age is not an excuse, everything I read about him while he was here, and everything I've read about him at Chicago has told me he's an immature man with an undeserved sense of entitlement.

10. The Following User High Fived MadMax For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Josh McDaniels Sucks

Quote Originally Posted by MadMax View Post
    Jay was 27 days away from his 26th birthday when he was traded, Orton is the same age as him and has never trashed his old team even though they did way more to act like they didn't want him(on more than one occasion). Jay's age is not an excuse, everything I read about him while he was here, and everything I've read about him at Chicago has told me he's an immature man with an undeserved sense of entitlement.
    Ortons always been a second string QB. Thats why he's cool with everything.

Post an occurance of Cutler acting immature.

12. The Following User High Fived claymore For This Post:

Clay...you sure get angry anytime anything about Cutler is brought up. Settle down, beavis.

14. The Following 2 Users High Fived GEM For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Josh McDaniels Sucks

Quote Originally Posted by GEM View Post
    Clay...you sure get angry anytime anything about Cutler is brought up. Settle down, beavis.
    That was the worst year of my life. Im still not over it.

That was the worst year of my life. Im still not over it.
    Really? I couldn't tell!!

17. The Following User High Fived GEM For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Josh McDaniels Sucks

Quote Originally Posted by GEM View Post
    Really? I couldn't tell!!
    Yeah. I cared alot more than I should have about the Broncos. Its been a learning Event.

TKO is my mentor.

Adopted Bronco:
    Marcus Thomas

Ortons always been a second string QB. Thats why he's cool with everything.

Post an occurance of Cutler acting immature.
    17. Jay Cutler, Bears
    The Reverse Tebow: all the tools, none of the intangibles. You had to admire how he handled the offseason, after Roethlisberger supplanted him as the league's premier QB villain, so he spent the spring and summer having horrible interactions with Chicago fans -- seriously, out of any athlete since I started writing for ESPN, nobody has spurred more of my readers to e-mail me a "Hey, I never do this, but I have to tell you about what happened last night" celebrity-bashing e-mail than Jay Cutler -- then upped the ante by reportedly falling for Kristin Cavallari (the resident b---- on "The Hills").

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2...simmons/100902

Also Woody Paige mentioned some of his antics at a golf course or something three years ago.

Adopted Bronco:
    Josh McDaniels Sucks

Quote Originally Posted by MadMax View Post
    17. Jay Cutler, Bears
    The Reverse Tebow: all the tools, none of the intangibles. You had to admire how he handled the offseason, after Roethlisberger supplanted him as the league's premier QB villain, so he spent the spring and summer having horrible interactions with Chicago fans -- seriously, out of any athlete since I started writing for ESPN, nobody has spurred more of my readers to e-mail me a "Hey, I never do this, but I have to tell you about what happened last night" celebrity-bashing e-mail than Jay Cutler -- then upped the ante by reportedly falling for Kristin Cavallari (the resident b---- on "The Hills").

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2...simmons/100902

Also Woody Paige mentioned some of his antics at a golf course or something three years ago.
    That is the worst proof of anything ever posted on the internet.

21. The Following User High Fived claymore For This Post:

another Cutler thread.....and I love it.....can't pass the opportunity to post ....

one year and 26 interceptions later Cutler is still taking opportunities to bash McD...

If I was a Bears fan.....I would be worried....
    My 5 favorite teams:
    1.The Denver Broncos
    2.The Ohio State Buckeyes
    3.Any team that plays Michigan
    4.The Pittsburgh Pirates
    5.Oklahoma Lady Sooners Basketball Team

"Don't squander what you're given....make the most of precious time.....life's not only for the living...it's what you leave behind.....Brad Delp & Barry Goudreau

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information