Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: How To: Streaming DirecTV NFL Sunday Ticket Over the Internet To Your Laptop/Desktop or HDTV

I dont know if this has mentioned this yet, so forgive me if it has. I have the package at home but i have to work 2 sundays every month. Yah, it sucks during football season! However, i have an iphone and you can simply download a free app from the app store called NFLsuperfan, from directv and you can get the games through that app onto your iphone. I imagine this works with other smart phones that have apps available too them like the droid and others. Its a small screen, but its a descent picture if your 3G is working well where you are. I think is works over wifi as well but we are not allowed wifi where i work so i have not tried that, although i should at home just to see. If you have an ipad that would be a great way to do it as well as long as it works over wifi.

just to be clear, you have to have the sunday ticket in order to use the app, unless someone you know that has the ticket will give you thier password.

2. The Following User High Fived smith49 For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Reidman View Post
    Mooch.....j/k.

Seems to me that being the money hungry ******** DirecTV is/are, they would find a way to put the kibosh on something like this but hey, if it works, I think it's fantastic. Now if I could figure out a way to get out of work on Sundays I'm all set!
    Well it's not like some money hungry ******* Directv tech support employees post on this board and would give Bronco fans all NFL games for free if they could.

As long as there isn't a ton of different IP's trying to log on to 1 stream off one account definitely take advantage of it.
    Last edited by Timmy!; 09-11-2010 at 12:27 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by King87 View Post
    All must hail NostraTimmy!
    Quote Originally Posted by chazoe60 View Post
    Nostratimmy was right again. All hail nostratimmy.
    Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    I’m the hobbit.

Adopted Bronco:
    Eddie Royal

Quote Originally Posted by Reidman View Post
    Mooch.....j/k.

Seems to me that being the money hungry ******** DirecTV is/are, they would find a way to put the kibosh on something like this but hey, if it works, I think it's fantastic. Now if I could figure out a way to get out of work on Sundays I'm all set!
    i forgot to mention, DirecTV only allows one login per account.

so you can't just give 20 of your friends the login/password, because if someone else tries to login while you're watching, it boots the person who was already logged in off.

Adopted Bronco:
    Eddie Royal

ok, well for some reason my vga to hi-def component rca cable didn't work well. the signal wasn't processing properly and i had a bunch of green lines in the screen

so i wouldn't recommend that cable. went to radio shack and bought a pc kit that converts vga to hdtv. it was worthless.

talked with a guy who said this is what to use if all you have is a vga output on your laptop (most new laptops will have an hdmi output, mine unfortunately does not).

ALURATEK, AVH100F VGA to HDMI Converter Adapter

so i've ordered one, let ya know how it works. gonna take the other stuff back to radio shack tomorrow. be relegated to watching the game on my desktop in my room tomorrow but I can deal for a week till my converter gets here.

Adopted Bronco:
    Quinn Meinerz

Goddamn thing isn't working. Is it the server or my computer? Video stream not opening.

Edit: Got it. DirecTV's server's were overloading when I was trying to connect.
    Last edited by UnderArmour; 09-12-2010 at 03:48 PM.

Adopted Bronco:
    Eddie Royal

Quote Originally Posted by UnderArmour View Post
    Goddamn thing isn't working. Is it the server or my computer? Video stream not opening.
    i have no idea. you'd have to contact DirecTV Tech Support.

mine's working though.

Mine's not working either. I'm on the phone with tech support now. It's a 'known issue' and they're 'working on it'. Probably will be fixed after the game is over.

Adopted Bronco:
    Eddie Royal

huh, weird...wonder why mine's working and no one else's is?????

I had it (after a long wait) at the beginning, but it crapped out and I can't get logged back in. Login keeps timing out. Don't change the channel whatever you do.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information