Page 46 of 94 FirstFirst ... 36 44 45 46 47 48 56 ... LastLast

Thread: The Walking Dead

Adopted Bronco:
    Paul George

Quote Originally Posted by weazel View Post
    it's only a matter of time...

seriously though... so people didn't complain when the show went with the stereotype of a scientist being a nerdy coward, but are very upset that they made a priest a coward? I think religious people get far too offended, if you are confident in your beliefs you wouldn't need to get upset. The problem isn't how you perceive the show, it's how you perceive your religion.
    I actually think that there are very lilkely ministers just like Gabriel, and they can be very interesting characters.

I think it might be more interesting if they contrasted between Gabriel, and some other character who lived by their faith, but didn't wear it on their sleeve as it were. The fact that Gabriel is the only religious character in the show is what bothered me, and I feel like I blew it out of proportion unintentionally as well.

Much like Eugene is shown as a weak nerd, but then contrasted with the real cowards of Alexandria, that's interesting. Just making religious folks look like fools, and ******** isn't.

Quote Originally Posted by NightTrainLayne View Post
    I actually think that there are very lilkely ministers just like Gabriel, and they can be very interesting characters.

I think it might be more interesting if they contrasted between Gabriel, and some other character who lived by their faith, but didn't wear it on their sleeve as it were. The fact that Gabriel is the only religious character in the show is what bothered me, and I feel like I blew it out of proportion unintentionally as well.

Much like Eugene is shown as a weak nerd, but then contrasted with the real cowards of Alexandria, that's interesting. Just making religious folks look like fools, and ******** isn't.
    Okay, I gotcha NTL. I will agree with that, they may still bring that type of character into the story though.

Quote Originally Posted by Timmy! View Post
    Effing school zones suck. It's only a matter of time before I get nailed in one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Valar Morghulis View Post
    I take the fat out of the pan once no longer hot, smear it all over my genitals, then enter consenting people with my tumescent member.

Adopted Bronco:
    Dangerous Freedom Lock

Its like, its always the same people who complain noah wasnt "Bible " enough for them. not certain posters, but religious people in general, it bothers me that every show and movie always comes down to this stupid discussion. just let the show do whatever it wants and let the story go wherever. Its a Comic book. ....Why are you looking for religious inspiration in a comic book story? I just dont get it. You got a guy getting eaten alive by zombies while he has metal bars going through his body while holding him in place to be eaten alive. And somehow its the religious portrayal of a character that bothers you?
    Last edited by ShaneFalco; 03-17-2015 at 06:36 PM.

Adopted Bronco:
    Paul George

Quote Originally Posted by ShaneFalco View Post
    Its like, its always the same people who complain noah wasnt "Bible " enough for them. not certain posters, but religious people in general, it bothers me that every show and movie always comes down to this stupid discussion. just let the show do whatever it wants and let the story go wherever. Its a Comic book. ....Why are you looking for religious inspiration in a comic book story? I just dont get it. You got a guy getting eaten alive by zombies while he has metal bars going through his body while holding him in place to be eaten alive. And somehow its the religious portrayal of a character that bothers you?

You don't understand why someone might have an issue with a production portraying something that is important to them in a negative light?

Really?

Effing school zones suck. It's only a matter of time before I get nailed in one.
    I take the fat out of the pan once no longer hot, smear it all over my genitals, then enter consenting people with my tumescent member.

Quote Originally Posted by weazel View Post
    Those lips though!

Adopted Bronco:
    Sammy Winder

I did find it strange that Maggie was nowhere to be seen on this week's episode.
    I think the writers are intentionally saving the "dealing with of Father Gabriel" until the finale.
    What I`m not digging is Rick going back into psycho mode.
    He did that gig with the phantom phone calls in the prison and I thought he was done with it.
    I`m trying to figure out who they are going to whack in the finale.
    I'm thinking Gabriel, Nicolas and Pete the wife beater are a sure bet for "the outsiders", and I'm thinking either Maggie or Sasha as they seem to be pretty lame characters.
    We shall see...It should be one hell of a finale for what has been the best season in a while.
    Last edited by EastCoastBronco; 03-24-2015 at 05:41 PM.
    "Chickens are dope..." - Von Miller

yeah that whole scene with Rick playing the fool was awkward, well more uncomfortable. Dunno where they're trying to go with that... Guess there's something about Rick being surrounded by walls.

Adopted Bronco:
    Rey

Herschel is John fox

Adopted Bronco:
    Rey

Herschel is John fox
    And more retarded. Just.

Was out of town for two weeks, so didn't get to watch the last two episodes and avoided this thread.

Lots of directions they could take the finale episode. Is Rick going to be in prison? Exiled? Will Diana kick them all out? Will they take over Alexandria? Who's carving the W's and are they going to attack Alexandria? Will Morgan show up in the final episode? Were the symbols on the trees he was following something to do with the "W" people?

Counting down to finale!

1:48 to go, then the last episode. Going to be interesting to see how things go, and a real long wait for it to start back up.

Ok, they faked everybody out. Everyone trying to figure out who was going to buy it in the season finale. I thought it was a real good season finale.

Looks like Fear the Walking Dead will fill in the back story of how the virus started and spread. Glad it's coming out this summer, so hopefully it will be good and somewhat bridge the gap until the Dead start back up in October.

15. The Following 4 Users High Fived Tned For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    I don't need to adopt, my son is a future Bronco ;)

Ugh. The wait begins... again.

17. The Following 2 Users High Fived artie_dale For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information