Page 91 of 94 FirstFirst ... 41 81 89 90 91 92 93 ... LastLast
Results 1,351 to 1,365 of 1397

Thread: The Walking Dead

Adopted Bronco:
    Stokley, Miller, Wolfe

Quote Originally Posted by Tned View Post
    On the one hand pleased they are doing Rick Grimes movies (sounds like there is a commitment for three, but could be more or less), but on the other feel that they screwed with fans a bit saying Andrew Lincoln was leaving the Walking Dead (technically true, but not quite).

Hopefully they can inject some good character life into the show with a Judith able to kill, and these new characters (one was on the show 100). I've been real curious how they were going to proceed with no Carl, Rick or Maggie, since the other characters are good, but not lead the group/show good. Maggie could have been that person.
    So Maggie is done too? She made peace and we don't see her anymore? I was crying so hard last night I probably missed things...it was great in a lot of ways but rough. I loved the ending with Judith, did not expect that at all!
    Getting Stoked

Quote Originally Posted by CoachChaz View Post
    My opinion apparently differs, but what a crap way to take Rick out. Don't even give him the benefit of actually giving his life for the cause. Instead, he gets whisked away to some strange place that we'll have to wait for AMC original movies to tell us about and live the rest of his years away from his "family" and out of sight from viewers.

I just thought there could have been a more noble way to end the Rick Grimes era. This just seems like an opportunity for AMC and Kirkman to drag out the storyline and the series for a lot longer...which rarely ends up a good move.
    I don't believe Kirkman works with AMC anymore.

Adopted Bronco:

I don't believe Kirkman works with AMC anymore.
    He doesn't...and I probably should have been more clear in my comment. It allows AMC to drag out the storyline, which still creates an outlet for Kirkman to drag out his series, which creates more material for AMC to work with.

Adopted Bronco:
    DT

Quote Originally Posted by CoachChaz View Post
    My opinion apparently differs, but what a crap way to take Rick out. Don't even give him the benefit of actually giving his life for the cause. Instead, he gets whisked away to some strange place that we'll have to wait for AMC original movies to tell us about and live the rest of his years away from his "family" and out of sight from viewers.

I just thought there could have been a more noble way to end the Rick Grimes era. This just seems like an opportunity for AMC and Kirkman to drag out the storyline and the series for a lot longer...which rarely ends up a good move.
    I'll partially agree with you here. I think he should've died, but it doesn't mean I'm not excited to see what's next.

Adopted Bronco:
    DT

Quote Originally Posted by pnbronco View Post
    So Maggie is done too? She made peace and we don't see her anymore? I was crying so hard last night I probably missed things...it was great in a lot of ways but rough. I loved the ending with Judith, did not expect that at all!
    She hasn't renewed her contract past this current season

6. The Following User High Fived Davii For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:

Quote Originally Posted by Davii View Post
    I'll partially agree with you here. I think he should've died, but it doesn't mean I'm not excited to see what's next.
    I'll definitely continue to watch, as I think the story line can get better without him. I was just hoping for a more dramatic ending for him. Not an opportunity to make spin-off movies.

Quote Originally Posted by Davii View Post
    She hasn't renewed her contract past this current season
    ABC gave her permission to film six episodes to wrap up her story. With the time jump, I figure she'll just be gone (and AMC hopes her new series fails and she comes back, and they explain her absence somehow), or she is killed off/exits in the next episode.

I'm so friggen disappointed with last night's episode.

Jesus was/is one of the strongest characters in the comic. Like complete ******* badass. He even makes badass Rick look pretty weak. Then we get a really good actor to play him and they don't do shit with his character. It was the biggest waste of a character in the show's history. The actor trained like crazy because he read the comics and expected that is what he would be playing. What a friggen waste of one of the best Walking Dead characters created.

Quote Originally Posted by GEM View Post
    I'm so friggen disappointed with last night's episode.

Jesus was/is one of the strongest characters in the comic. Like complete ******* badass. He even makes badass Rick look pretty weak. Then we get a really good actor to play him and they don't do shit with his character. It was the biggest waste of a character in the show's history. The actor trained like crazy because he read the comics and expected that is what he would be playing. What a friggen waste of one of the best Walking Dead characters created.
    Not reading the comics, I don't have that background, but I was surprised that they killed him off considering the recent losses of Carl, Rick and Maggie. They are running out of strong characters. People love Daryl, but he's a different kind of character. It's going to be interesting to see how the second half of the season goes and if they can establish some strong characters to lead the groups/show.

Not reading the comics, I don't have that background, but I was surprised that they killed him off considering the recent losses of Carl, Rick and Maggie. They are running out of strong characters. People love Daryl, but he's a different kind of character. It's going to be interesting to see how the second half of the season goes and if they can establish some strong characters to lead the groups/show.
    Jesus was wasted from the start. In the comic, he is their strongest fighter. That scene last night with the ninja style kill was his m.o. He was their guardian. They never made him into that on the show. The actor stated he was ready for it to be over because they weren't utilizing him as he thought they would due to the comics. I know it's not the comics, but not sure why they couldn't utilize him more efficiently to the storyline. In the comic, he and Negan have an epic battle scene. On the show, they didn't even have a scene together. It feels like it's really good again, but it's losing all the characters I fell for the show because of. It just feels like installation 2 of whatever number. Then Maggie doesn't even get a send off, she's just gone. And Michonne is apparently not liked by anyone. Hint though...no one should be looking forward to this fair... eerie forewarning.

Adopted Bronco:
    Drew Lock

TWD began losing its edge since at least season 7 part 2 with a ton of filler. I thought S7 premier was some if the most well acted tv I ever saw. I still watch it and it isn't the same but first 3 seasons was epic television.

It will never be the same without the Grimes crew.
    "I may not be a mathematician, but I can count to a million." - Shannon Sharpe

Quote Originally Posted by GEM View Post
    Jesus was wasted from the start. In the comic, he is their strongest fighter. That scene last night with the ninja style kill was his m.o. He was their guardian. They never made him into that on the show. The actor stated he was ready for it to be over because they weren't utilizing him as he thought they would due to the comics. I know it's not the comics, but not sure why they couldn't utilize him more efficiently to the storyline. In the comic, he and Negan have an epic battle scene. On the show, they didn't even have a scene together. It feels like it's really good again, but it's losing all the characters I fell for the show because of. It just feels like installation 2 of whatever number. Then Maggie doesn't even get a send off, she's just gone. And Michonne is apparently not liked by anyone. Hint though...no one should be looking forward to this fair... eerie forewarning.
    I think with Maggie, they are hoping her new show and movie career fails, so they can renegotiate and bring her back. Still seems like they could filmed a scene with her leaving to be with Gorgie (sp??).

Adopted Bronco:
    Sammy Winder

I really enjoyed the first half of this season.
    I thought it had better dialogue, character development (other than Jesus), and a lot more heart in general.
    They have sooo many characters on that show it is hard to do them all justice and I am glad in a way that they got rid of Jesus.
    His character got pushed to the periphery and never got back.
    Only part I didn't like about the finale was how easily Negan got out of jail.
    That was pretty ******* lame.

This season is incredible!

16. The Following 2 Users High Fived GEM For This Post:

This show is really going downhill. I used to love it. The zombies aren’t scary/creepy or anything unexpected anymore. Imo this is the worst season yet. It’s lacking creativity...I don’t know but it’s disappointing because this used to be one of my favorite shows. They wanted to know if the show could stand without Rick/Carl but it just seems like a cluster now.

I still have about 4 episodes left so hopefully my mind can change. Not holding my breath ...each season gets a little worse.
    "Oh I’m sorry, did I break your concentration?”
    Jules Winnfield - Pulp Fiction

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information