Page 39 of 94 FirstFirst ... 29 37 38 39 40 41 49 89 ... LastLast

Thread: The Walking Dead

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoJoe View Post
    I'll keep watching it for sure, but I really don't like it when they focus an entire show on one character, or one circumstance. There's a ton a questions about Rick and Daryl, Beth and now Carol. Last night's episode featured two of my favorite people on the show (Maggie and Glen) but was a bit boring and it seems they're trying too hard to develop Abraham's character.

Many of us - myself included - don't read the comic series because I like the show too much. I don't want to know what happens.
    Ditto, +1 or whatever the current internet "agree" phraseology is.

Quote Originally Posted by NightTrainLayne View Post
    We missed it because they left too many unanswered questions. I wondered if Abraham had been abusive toward his family or something. Figured the guys he were beating were a threat to his them, but no real answer to why they would up and leave without making a sound, and a "don't try to find us" note.

Maybe they plan to come back to that later, I don't know. What they are trying to do, can be an effective tool for developing or revealing characters. I just think that they are executing it horribly.
    The Abraham actor (along with Eugiene and one of the producers) was on Talking Dead, and he filled in the rest of the backstory about what happened to cause him to pulverize those guys, but at the same time have his family leave him. Since they referred to the comics and talked freely about it on Talking Dead, I doubt they will address it in the show. They seem to be real careful about not talking about things that they plan to cover in future episodes. For those that didn't see it or read the comics and want to know, here is what they said (skip past if you want to stay in the dark about it in case they flash back to it eventually).

Apparently, in the comics, the group that Abraham and his family were with were his neighbors and friends. One day when Abraham was out on a run looking for supplies, he came back to find out that his group, former friends and neighbors, had raped his family (he didn't say wife, he said family). He then lost it, and brutally beat them to death. His wife and kids, seeing his brutality, a side of him they had never seen (he said was previously hidden in his job as a soldier), left him and left that note.

So, that's the rest of the back story they described on Talking Dead. I still don't get the wife and kids leaving. No matter how brutally he beat them, if they had just raped her and one or more of the kids, I don't see how the reaction would be to walk way from him in a world of walkers, when friends just raped them, so WTF would strangers do?

3. The Following 3 Users High Fived Tned For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Paul George

Quote Originally Posted by Tned View Post
    I still don't get the wife and kids leaving. No matter how brutally he beat them, if they had just raped her and one or more of the kids, I don't see how the reaction would be to walk way from him in a world of walkers, when friends just raped them, so WTF would strangers do?
    Well, obviously, the answer is that they enjoyed it.

Quote Originally Posted by NightTrainLayne View Post
    Well, obviously, the answer is that they enjoyed it.
    That never occurred to me. Good point.

I'll still tune in every Sunday, for sure. Too much love and investment in this show to let it go. It's not horrible, but it's not the same.

Adopted Bronco:
    only Von

http://mic.com/articles/101486/a-wal...afficking-ring

Andrea did something that wasn't stupid!

Adopted Bronco:
    DT

Quote Originally Posted by aberdien View Post
    http://mic.com/articles/101486/a-wal...afficking-ring

Andrea did something that wasn't stupid!
    Good on her and on that group in general. Makes you wonder why there needs to be some globe hopping charity, why can't the police do this without them?

Good organization, disgusting story. Thanks for sharing Abe

9. The Following User High Fived Davii For This Post:

I liked Sunday's episode. And it furthers my thinking that if I'm invested in the character(s) it don't bother me, but if I don't care either way it bothers me to spend so much time singly. Carol getting hit was brutal. I liked the tank in the streets as a nod to the first season. All the fire references (Carol and smoke signalling she's worked through her past issues. Daryl and fire signalling he is working through his past issues). Thought the episode held a lot of significance.

11. The Following User High Fived GEM For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by GEM View Post
    I liked Sunday's episode. And it furthers my thinking that if I'm invested in the character(s) it don't bother me, but if I don't care either way it bothers me to spend so much time singly. Carol getting hit was brutal. I liked the tank in the streets as a nod to the first season. All the fire references (Carol and smoke signalling she's worked through her past issues. Daryl and fire signalling he is working through his past issues). Thought the episode held a lot of significance.
    Carol and Daryl are the best characters on the show IMHO with Michone, Glen, Maggie, and Tyrese right behind them. I've never really cared for Rick or Carl all that much.
    Let's Rid3!!!!

Adopted Bronco:
    only Von

The Rick/Michonne/Carl stuff from the back half of last season was fantastic. But Daryl and Carol are also great characters. Honestly, if it was just those 5, it might be a great show. Carol is the most developed character. They've done a great job with her. Glen and Maggie are boring. Tyreese is a lame character IMO. His sister is a babe but not the greatest character. The newer guys (whose names I forget) have potential but we'll see. I'm expecting some character deaths in the midseason finale. I hope it isn't Carol/Daryl, but it might be one of them. I could see Beth dying, or one of the people with Glen and Maggie - maybe even one of those two.

Still maintain this is easily the best season. It still suffers from the typical horror film tropes, but that's suspected I suppose.

14. The Following User High Fived aberdien For This Post:

Damn, I would say they managed to get the "edge" back with the mid season finale.

I watched the 2nd quarter of the game on my tablet, and the wife and I watched TWD during the 2nd quarter/half time.

Sent from my Galaxy Tab S using Forum Runner

Adopted Bronco:
    Stokley, Miller, Wolfe

Dang I made it over for the last 10 minutes.....I'll watch the rest tomorrow. I sobbed....hate it.
    Getting Stoked

17. The Following User High Fived pnbronco For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Dangerous Freedom Lock

Rick is such a badass. Tells dead corpses to shut up.

19. The Following User High Fived ShaneFalco For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:

Gotta give my son some props. A week ago we were talking about the upcoming mid-season finale and he said..."I think Beth's run is over. It's been awhile since a core person has died and they've been focusing on her a lot"

Quote Originally Posted by CoachChaz View Post
    Gotta give my son some props. A week ago we were talking about the upcoming mid-season finale and he said..."I think Beth's run is over. It's been awhile since a core person has died and they've been focusing on her a lot"
    I was thinking that as well. I didn't necessarily expect it like that, until right before, when it was clear she was going to confront Joan. But over the last couple weeks, I thought there was a real good chance Beth wouldn't make it out of the hospital. She seemed like the "easiest" main character for them to lose right now.

It would be really hard for them to off Rick, Darryl, Carol, Glen or Maggie. That leaves Beth and Mischone (sp??) as the only two major characters they could off. Tara and Abraham's group just don't hold enough fan appeal to hurt, kind of like Bob going down. Tyrese and his sister would have been the other options, as they fall in between the main seven and Abraham's group.

22. The Following User High Fived Tned For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information