Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Positives - What you think we did great this week

Adopted Bronco:
    #27 Steve Atwater

Default Positives - What you think we did great this week

Get to the QB we got three sacks 2 for Doom and one for Moss.

Marcus thomas got a pick.

I think we were injury free as well.

Adopted Bronco:
    Josey Jewell

We got three sacks? The announcers said we had four.

Cutler is who impresses me. The kid is going to be a beast.

-----
    Though He slay me, I will trust in Him . . . (Job 13:15)

Adopted Bronco:
    #27 Steve Atwater

Quote Originally Posted by topscribe View Post
    We got three sacks? The announcers said we had four.

-----
    NFL.com says only 3

http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter?season...&game_id=29224

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Bell getting some touches in the running game is a positive in my book.

Henry is getting beat up fast running between the tackles, faster than expected and the altitude did'nt help today either. He was slow to get up in the 3rd and 4th quarter.

Henry came in late in the 4th on the FG drive to tie it up and did a great job powering the ball through Oaklands line and keeping the drive alive.

After Bell and Young spelled him for a bit earlier in the same quarter.

I'd like to see more of that or even Young getting more touches to take some of the wear off Henry.

Keeping him fresh through out the game and down the stretch of the schedule is going to be key for this team making the playoffs.

Especially for Cutler.

Cutler on 3rd down
    If I added it up right, he was 7 of 9 for 89 yards while converting 5/11 of his attempts. One of those 11 was when he fumbled the snap. Another was when he got sacked (safety).

But we did actually convert a 3rd and 14 that was called back because Marshall had pushed off. That forced us to 3rd and 24 when Cutler just dumped it off to Henry to get Elam closer. Too bad it didn't help.

Special teams
    While Hixon doesn't seem to be much of a returner, we didn't allow any big returns.

Pressure
    We always seem to get pressure on Oaklands QB. Last year it seemed to only be Elvis. Today it seemed like everyone was in the backfield. That is...on the 6 pass attempts Oakland had.

Adopted Bronco:
    broncos_mtnman

DJ Williams for 2 consecutive weeks now has been all over the field.

Elam again.

Adopted Bronco:
    Josey Jewell

Gold actually played a decent game.

-----
    Though He slay me, I will trust in Him . . . (Job 13:15)

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip, Demaryius, Derek, Shane, Von,

-----
    One of the announcers said that Gold led the Broncos in tackles last year. I always have liked him, and was glad when we brought him back.

Thanks to MasterShake for my great signature
    Rest in Peace - Demaryius (88) - Darrent (27) - Damien (29) - Kenny (11)
    #7 - JOHN - #44 - FLOYD - #80 - ROD
    THIS ONES FOR JOHN
    WOULD YOU RATHER WIN UGLY, OR LOSE PRETTY?

Having a lot of tackles doesn't necessarily mean you played well. I do agree with Top's assessment that Ian had a rebound after his Week One performance, but having a lot of tackles isn't a great measuring stick in determining how well someone played.

However, I think our linebackers are still playing well, (Williams and Webster) especially given the fact that they have lineman in their face about one second after the snap since our defensive line (interior in particular) cannot hold their ground in the trenches.

Adopted Bronco:
    #88 Tony Scheffler

-----
    Yeah, I like this kid and for two straight weeks he has led his team on drives at the end of the game (OT today) for wins. He may make mistakes, yet he has come through when it has counted most.
    2007-08 MVP

Thanks MasterShake for the sig

On Brandon Marshall
    "I'm not going to ever let him settle. I'm going to stay on him to be the best he can." ~ Rod Smith

-----
    Gold actually saved a TD or a closer FG try with his tacke in OT on Jordan (I think it was him, I saw the play with my kids acting up )

Adopted Bronco:
    Baron Browning, Jaleel McLaughlin

i'm really pleased with what brandon marshall has been showing us. . . a month ago i was concerned that we were entering the season with one legitimate receiver if stokley was dinged, but marshall has been producing quite nicely-- it's early, but it looks to me like we've turned a 4th rounder into a legitimate #2 WR with a lot of upside. . . add in stokley, who's clearly the best #3 we've had since shanahan has been here, and what was a questionable position entering camp actually looks like a strength, at least at the top of the depth chart-- this is the best our WRs have played since rod and eddie mac were in their primes. . . i love the mismatches we can create with our size at WR. . .
    “When we do find that guy, we’ve got to have the continuity on the offensive side to where we can train him and develop him and get him there. This is our fourth offense in probably three or four years. Quarterbacks need to be developed. You don’t find one ready-made. We got to have a solid system in place for when we do go after whatever guy it may be, a young guy or a trade or whatnot.”
    - John Elway

i think ian gold is making alot of fans look silly right about now. he had a huge game.
    "Oh I’m sorry, did I break your concentration?”
    Jules Winnfield - Pulp Fiction

Quote Originally Posted by Medford Bronco View Post
    Gold actually saved a TD or a closer FG try with his tacke in OT on Jordan (I think it was him, I saw the play with my kids acting up )
    'Twas, running down Jordan from behind at the end of a 20+ yard run, which was followed by a John Lynch tackle on a four yard gain, then the "practice" FG, TO, and miss.

From the little I saw and heard of Janikowski (I was stuck with the Chiefs and Bears until the OT coin toss) it looks like he and Elam have a lot in common: VERY powerful legs, but occasionally erratic aim. You can parse that all sorts of ways; on the one hand, we don't need a last second FG with no TOs last week, or OT this week, if Elam doesn't miss some chippers earlier; on the other hand, when the game was on the line and it counted, he was good both times. It's not like he's grossly inaccurate, just occasionally inconsistent, but I kinda look at like the Faiders QB: He may not split the uprights every time, but it's VERY comforting to know that if you can get the ball past their 45 when you MUST score you've got a decent shot at three points. According to one account, Alex Karras said the Lions were laughing when the Saints lined up for Dempseys kick, but no one was laughing when it cleared the crossbar....

Cutler and the new young offense is still explosive in both the negative and positive sense, and the combination of Gerard Warrens safety and our soft interior defensive line will draw complaints from folks like me, but it's not as bad as the scoreboard against two very poor teams makes it look. In fact, you almost can't consider the fact the Raiders were the Leagues worst team last year because it's a Divisional game, and Divisional opponents learn each other VERY well playing two games a year. After all, Chokeland SHOULD have been 3-13 and the Bolts 13-3 last year.

Hopefully our fairly soft early schedule will give us time to work these kinks out against the Jags next week before we go to Indy and then host the Chargers; after that it SHOULD (no guarantees... ) be smooth sailing till we visit Chicago around Turkey Day.

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by broncosinindy View Post
    Get to the QB we got three sacks 2 for Doom and one for Moss.

Marcus thomas got a pick.

I think we were injury free as well.
    I think we actually had four sacks.

For the second straight week the offense moved the ball very well now its matter of finishing off drives.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information