Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Chargers are getting crushed

Adopted Bronco:
    Sorry, I gave at the office.

Quote Originally Posted by Watchthemiddle View Post
    Question for you Sanluis...do you think any of this offensive depletion so far in two games has to do with Norv?

I know Marty wasn't exactly a offensive jugernaut, but Cam Cameron was and until he had full control of the offense, they didn't do much.

How much do you think this is going to effect the Chargers this year?

I think it has more to do with the play of the O-line. The play calling has been very similar to Cam just the execution by the O-line and Rivers have been very poor. You can't really hang that on Norv just yet. Rivers poor play has allowed the first two teams to focus on the run and hold LT in check. Please remember that both the D's we played are off the chart good. The speed and power that the Bears and NE showed was amazing! We failed to execute on plays designed to take advantage of this aggressive type of D. If I was playing the Chargers I would call a ultra aggressive Defense until they showed some ability to break it down.

Adopted Bronco:
    broncos_mtnman

Quote Originally Posted by sanluis View Post
    I think it has more to do with the play of the O-line. The play calling has been very similar to Cam just the execution by the O-line and Rivers have been very poor. You can't really hang that on Norv just yet. Rivers poor play has allowed the first two teams to focus on the run and hold LT in check. Please remember that both the D's we played are off the chart good. The speed and power that the Bears and NE showed was amazing! We failed to execute on plays designed to take advantage of this aggressive type of D. If I was playing the Chargers I would call a ultra aggressive Defense until they showed some ability to break it down.
    Yeah, both D's are good. Do you think you have enough weapons in the passing game to be effective? LT out of the backfield and Gates seem to be the best and only options that I can see. I know Vincent Jackson is your version of Brandon Marshall ( without the speed ) but what else is there for RIvers?

Adopted Bronco:

Quote Originally Posted by Watchthemiddle View Post
    Yeah, both D's are good. Do you think you have enough weapons in the passing game to be effective? LT out of the backfield and Gates seem to be the best and only options that I can see. I know Vincent Jackson is your version of Brandon Marshall ( without the speed ) but what else is there for RIvers?
    VJ is very fast so I don't know why you say he hasn't the speed. Maybe not as fast as Marshall but for his size he is very fast.

LT and Gates should be enough to keep any D on it's heals. But a real #1 would certainly add to the team. VJ is supposed to step up and take that role.

We will see.

Adopted Bronco:
    Josey Jewell

VJ is very fast so I don't know why you say he hasn't the speed. Maybe not as fast as Marshall but for his size he is very fast.

LT and Gates should be enough to keep any D on it's heals. But a real #1 would certainly add to the team. VJ is supposed to step up and take that role.

We will see.
    Problem for VJ is that either Bailey or Bly can probably run backwards faster
    than VJ can run forwards. But he does have the size advantage on them,
    although they have seemed to have very little difficulty with that, especially
    Champ.

I would like to be able to absolutely gush over VJ's excellence as a receiver
    since he is from my alma mater, but as it is, he is not in the elite category,
    although one might be able to say he's "pretty" good.

I would not expect Gates to give our defense many problems, not because
    any of ours is better than he, but because he does not have the WR
    support. LT is the one who worries me, especially with the problems we
    have had against the run. I'm hoping the DTs and LBs will jell before SD
    week arrives. If a running game is clicking, then ordinary WRs can look like
    Pro Bowlers.

I believe our offense matches up well with your defense. Your front seven
    is among the best in football, but our WRs and TEs will give your so-so
    secondary fits, IMO, especially with Cutler firing the rock at them and
    having to look out for Henry/Young.

But then, as I implied, if LT gets on a roll, it could be a long day for our
    defense.

-----
    Though He slay me, I will trust in Him . . . (Job 13:15)

Adopted Bronco:

Quote Originally Posted by topscribe View Post
    Problem for VJ is that either Bailey or Bly can probably run backwards faster
    than VJ can run forwards. But he does have the size advantage on them,
    although they have seemed to have very little difficulty with that, especially
    Champ.

I would like to be able to absolutely gush over VJ's excellence as a receiver
    since he is from my alma mater, but as it is, he is not in the elite category,
    although one might be able to say he's "pretty" good.

I would not expect Gates to give our defense many problems, not because
    any of ours is better than he, but because he does not have the WR
    support. LT is the one who worries me, especially with the problems we
    have had against the run. I'm hoping the DTs and LBs will jell before SD
    week arrives. If a running game is clicking, then ordinary WRs can look like
    Pro Bowlers.

I believe our offense matches up well with your defense. Your front seven
    is among the best in football, but our WRs and TEs will give your so-so
    secondary fits, IMO, especially with Cutler firing the rock at them and
    having to look out for Henry/Young.

But then, as I implied, if LT gets on a roll, it could be a long day for our
    defense.

-----
    My focus now is Green Bay and not so much Denver at this point. However I see your points and can't disagree too much. Cutler has done a fine job so far while Rivers continues to flounder and stare down his receivers. Champ and Dre will have a field day if Rivers does that to them. Rivers is just not playing very smart right now and better pull his head out or this is going to be a very long season.

The Oline better give LT some running room and get after some people. They are playing like crap! Norv should change things up with a no huddle and really attack some people!

VJ has all the tools to be a very good wide out IMO. This is the year for him to break out and prove he is the man.He will need some help from the o-line and Rivers to be successful.
    Last edited by topscribe; 09-18-2007 at 06:42 PM. Reason: filtered word - replaced by marginally acceptable word

Adopted Bronco:
    Josey Jewell

My focus now is Green Bay and not so much Denver at this point. However I see your points and can't disagree too much. Cutler has done a fine job so far while Rivers continues to flounder and stare down his receivers. Champ and Dre will have a field day if Rivers does that to them. Rivers is just not playing very smart right now and better pull his head out or this is going to be a very long season.

The Oline better give LT some running room and get after some people. They are playing like crap! Norv should change things up with a no huddle and really attack some people!

VJ has all the tools to be a very good wide out IMO. This is the year for him to break out and prove he is the man.He will need some help from the o-line and Rivers to be successful.
    Green Bay is the same thing. Tough defense, and Favre can pass lights out
    when he gets in a zone. SD better do something quick.

-----
    Though He slay me, I will trust in Him . . . (Job 13:15)

Adopted Bronco:

Quote Originally Posted by topscribe View Post
    Green Bay is the same thing. Tough defense, and Favre can pass lights out
    when he gets in a zone. SD better do something quick.

-----
    Some good blocking and a nice dose of LT should cure things in a hurry! Green Bay is playing well but I don't think their D is on the same level as a Bear's or NE Defense. Bret is really playing well right now as well but we might be able to get him to make some gunslinger mistakes. It will be a very difficult game that is for sure!

Some good blocking and a nice dose of LT should cure things in a hurry! Green Bay is playing well but I don't think their D is on the same level as a Bear's or NE Defense. Bret is really playing well right now as well but we might be able to get him to make some gunslinger mistakes. It will be a very difficult game that is for sure!
    This is a tough game for SD. It is never easy to win in Lambeau

My concern would be Philip Rivers. He just does not look right to me so far.

LT can help but it is very hard to win in a hostile environment.

We shall see.

Denver has their own problems. We need to score Tds not FGS..

It might be okay vs the Bills or Raiders, but will not be against the Chargers or Colts on the horizon.

Jax is my focus now. This is not an easy game either as their defense is excellent and Maurice Jones-Drew scares me

Adopted Bronco:

Quote Originally Posted by Medford Bronco View Post
    This is a tough game for SD. It is never easy to win in Lambeau

My concern would be Philip Rivers. He just does not look right to me so far.

LT can help but it is very hard to win in a hostile environment.

We shall see.

Denver has their own problems. We need to score Tds not FGS..

It might be okay vs the Bills or Raiders, but will not be against the Chargers or Colts on the horizon.

Jax is my focus now. This is not an easy game either as their defense is excellent and Maurice Jones-Drew scares me
    It was more than just Rivers. It was the o-line as well IMO. I was also very concerned with the defenses inability to deal with the crowd noise. They were confused on a number of plays and missed assignments. After Matt went down the communication was terrible. They looked completely unprepared for the three and four wide receiver sets. Ted Corrtel is on my crap list right now.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information