Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Jay Cutler=The Second coming of Jake Plummer

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by topscribe View Post
    Well, Adams thinks he wants to play for another couple years, and he looked
    pretty spry out there the last couple games.

But even at that, it wouldn't hurt to bolster the group. Thomas has a terrific
    upside, but outside him and Adams, I question the group. Maybe with
    experience, they can begin to assuage my worries. I hope so . . .

-----
    I think Amon Gordon is looking ok, but in my opinion he looks like guy who playing behind the likes of Thomas.

Of course Bates might have to move Thomas to safety after that interception on Sunday.

i wish we could bring jake back...

his hair alone is better than jay...
    ________
    Hand blown glass
    Last edited by anton...; 08-31-2011 at 07:17 PM.

Adopted Bronco:
    Josey Jewell

Quote Originally Posted by TXBRONC View Post
    I think Amon Gordon is looking ok, but in my opinion he looks like guy who playing behind the likes of Thomas.

Of course Bates might have to move Thomas to safety after that interception on Sunday.
    Thomas at safety?

If I were the RB on the opposing team, I would look out there and see him,
    and retire on the spot.

-----
    Though He slay me, I will trust in Him . . . (Job 13:15)

Adopted Bronco:
    broncos_mtnman

Although Thomas might have the most upside on the D line and is very athletic, I can't see that happening. How sick would it be though if he had Lynch's wheels to go along with his 300+ lb frame? Bring him up on the outside in blitz situations.

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Thomas at safety?

If I were the RB on the opposing team, I would look out there and see him,
    and retire on the spot.

-----
    You know he had the team's second interception of the day on Sunday and he had to jump up to get the pass.

Adopted Bronco:
    Josey Jewell

You know he had the team's second interception of the day on Sunday and he had to jump up to get the pass.
    Ummm . . . I think that is where the joke started.

-----

Adopted Bronco:
    #27 Steve Atwater

Kid or not. If he keeps making boneheaded plays, He very well could end up with that wrap. i wish we had a notable QB coach that could bring him along. Gary Kubiak I think he was the main reason for what i am gonna say was jakes noticable improvement. With out Gary Kubiak Jake plummer struggled mightily.

I dont know how paramount dinger is in cutlers developement. but there is issues in his game. with all his potential i would hate to see him develope any bad habits. The man has shown he could be the center to our team the next 10-15 years. we need to invest in his upbringing.

With all that said i am a HUGE cutler fan. i just want the best for him and the team.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

I missed most of Elway's career but didn't he throw SEVERAL boneheaded picks when he was a young player? I'm sure Cutler will be fine. He just needs his time. Now if he becomes a 10 year vet like Plummer and is still making these mistakes, we can resume this conversation.

Adopted Bronco:
    Josey Jewell

Quote Originally Posted by broncosinindy View Post
    Kid or not. If he keeps making boneheaded plays, He very well could end up with that wrap. i wish we had a notable QB coach that could bring him along. Gary Kubiak I think he was the main reason for what i am gonna say was jakes noticable improvement. With out Gary Kubiak Jake plummer struggled mightily.

I dont know how paramount dinger is in cutlers developement. but there is issues in his game. with all his potential i would hate to see him develope any bad habits. The man has shown he could be the center to our team the next 10-15 years. we need to invest in his upbringing.

With all that said i am a HUGE cutler fan. i just want the best for him and the team.
    He's a rookie (in effect). He is going to make some "bone-headed" plays,
    and I am sure Shanny already realizes that. But he is already out-producing
    his two contemporaries, who have a season under their belts, and so far 26
    other QBs besides them. He is going to be fine . . . no, more than fne.

-----

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by BaileyTheBest View Post
    I missed most of Elway's career but didn't he throw SEVERAL boneheaded picks when he was a young player? I'm sure Cutler will be fine. He just needs his time. Now if he becomes a 10 year vet like Plummer and is still making these mistakes, we can resume this conversation.

I think by John's 13th year in the League he had 126 tds and 126 ints. John never shied away from throwing the ball into a tight window.

Adopted Bronco:
    #27 Steve Atwater

Well, Adams thinks he wants to play for another couple years, and he looked
    pretty spry out there the last couple games.

But even at that, it wouldn't hurt to bolster the group. Thomas has a terrific
    upside, but outside him and Adams, I question the group. Maybe with
    experience, they can begin to assuage my worries. I hope so . . .

-----

There is little doubt in my mind we need to add to our interior Defensive line. The question is ask is do we do it outside of the second round in this upcoming draft or do we address it as a First day need?

The type of tackle we would be looking for is a guy with great strength that can play two gap. That being said Frank Okam is a guy in the first round that we could add But question is how well he will transfer from College to the pros. He has everything you look for in the guy. but rumors are around that he could very well have Gerrard Warren/Stephen Harris syndrome, in that he does not play the gap control line. and also there is questions about his motor.

Look back at last years draft Hartrell made the final roster in green bay. But he is not even on the roster for game day. And then we have the likes of Amobi Okoye who is starting in Houston, and has 2 sacks so far this season. So if we do go DT next year and take a shot on a guy like Okam will he play his first year that much. They say Tackle is one of the hardest positions in the NFL.

Or do you take a later day pick say in the second or third. There are the likes of

Red Bryant Texas A&M 6-5 324 who is a NT type

BJ Raji Boston College 6-1 340 who is also a NT but was said to be academically Ineligible and probably wont come out this next year.

Dre Moore DT Maryland is a little light for the system think he is 305 but is said to play with great strength

Terrance Taylor DT Michigan Another guy but how dominant is he?

Marcus Harrison DT Arkansas i think he was suspended by his team.(i cant remember the hole deal)
    Ron Dixon from Miami and Jason Shirley DT Fresno St.

I say we address DT later in the draft and go after a guy that could be play from the get go and give us the chance to improve This next upcoming year.

I know its crazy but i would like to see us go after Rey Maualuga ILB USC in the first. Move DJ back to will give Gold his walking papers and draft Dizon from colorado to play strong side he is a bit small but he is defiently a guy who finds the ball carrier. and if he does not start would be lights out on special teams. and go after a DT in the second or one the thrid if we can get a pick there or take one in the fourth
    Last edited by broncosinindy; 09-18-2007 at 11:01 PM.

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by Watchthemiddle View Post

Although Thomas might have the most upside on the D line and is very athletic, I can't see that happening. How sick would it be though if he had Lynch's wheels to go along with his 300+ lb frame? Bring him up on the outside in blitz situations.

I'm sure quarterbacks would go bug eyed if that were the case.

Adopted Bronco:
    #27 Steve Atwater

He's a rookie (in effect). He is going to make some "bone-headed" plays,
    and I am sure Shanny already realizes that. But he is already out-producing
    his two contemporaries, who have a season under their belts, and so far 26
    other QBs besides them. He is going to be fine . . . no, more than fne.

-----
    I am aware that he is essentially a rookie. and will make boneheaded plays. really though his play last week was worse then his frist week. and whats gonna happen when we come up on Pitts or GB or one of the other great defenses we play. ( we play alot of them)

I am not knocking him at all but we must protect our investmant.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information