Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: How do you blow off steam?

Adopted Bronco:
    Mike Leach

Default How do you blow off steam?

I've been in an ongoing discussion about different methods of relieving stress. It's interesting to me to hear all the varying ways people I know vent, escape and get back on an even keel when life gets rough. I found that it's relatively easy to see who has their stress release mechanisms down and who is still searching. And that while some methods are tried and true, they don't work for everyone.

So I'm curious, my football friends. What do YOU do when work is overwhelming and life is tossing you curveballs? What would you recommend to others?
    Quote Originally Posted by Benetto View Post
    Orton can't single left handedly ruin everything on O.
    We didn't lose the game; we just ran out of time. - Vince Lombardi

"I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best."
    — Marilyn Monroe

Quote Originally Posted by pnbronco View Post
    dang it go drink some Fireball and find your own dang chicken....

Adopted Bronco:
    D.Thomas....the next great broncos WR

booze and sex usually does the trick for me.though if you are stressed alot it might be bad for you to do on a daily basis.....the booze anyway

3. The Following 5 Users High Fived T.K.O. For This Post:

You know how to whistle, dontcha? Just put your lips together and blow.

i'm assuming its the same for blowing away steam... from your coffee, right?
    (the previous comment was not directed at any particular individual and was not intended to slander,disrespect or offend any reader of said statement)

5. The Following User High Fived Ravage!!! For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    DT

All depends on what I have available. I like to get some exercise when i'm feeling stressed, I find running for a while helps me out. If it's the weekend i'll fire up the Harley and go through the mountain twisties. I also like to get on here when I can and shoot the shit. If it's work stress, there's nothing better than an evening out with some good friends, or at home on the couch with someone special.

7. The Following 2 Users High Fived Davii For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Always King87

Push ups.....I have a punching bag in the basement.....or beer (whiskey makes me mean though I love me some Jack Daniels)!! As I get older, it seems the more mello I get and things don't piss me off as much. Sometimes (as slim would say)I can be a drama queen but other than that the only things that get me really heated is if someone would attack my family!!

9. The Following User High Fived Nomad For This Post:

I did a project on this in highschool.... I had all kinds of way to relieve stress. I made a video of it...

breathing through the nose techniques, painting/artistic drawing, exercising, changing hair styles/colors, and finally I showed me with a sledge hammer beating this shit out of a computer, a baseball bat to a copy machine, lamp, vase and some baseballs to some glass paintings. And then I put all the pieces in a pile and set them on fire all cool like. Like they do in the movies where I light a match and throw it on a pile of gasoline and it trials to my big pile of junk and burns....

(except the match never lit the dam gas trail. So I had to light a gas trail off screen and then light a new match and time the throw so it looked like I started it with the match)

It was fving awesome. I wish I still had that video. Thinking about it makes me relieve stress
    The Plan at the moment:

Draft: Trade a 3rd and 6th this year to a team to move up and get a 2nd next year (this will happen).

Players I want:
    Jake Ferguson (Jake Butt) or Jelani Woods or Jeremy Ruckert or Cade Otten (owen daniels) at TE- All 4th rd or later.
    Troy Anderson LB 3rd/4th rd (yay Timmy!)
    Neil Farrell, JR DL- run stuffer- bye purcell

Adopted Bronco:
    Paul George

Umm. . . Well this isn't in the lounge. So, no comment.

12. The Following 5 Users High Fived NightTrainLayne For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mike Leach

Quote Originally Posted by NightTrainLayne View Post
    Umm. . . Well this isn't in the lounge. So, no comment.
    I know, I know.

A dear friend of mine started his career recently and is completely overwhelmed by work. Moved across the country to a place he'd never been and didn't know a soul. And he's never found any way of consistently blowing off steam. He looked at me crazy one day before he moved, when he said he just felt like yelling as loud as he could and I said, well, let's go. Get in the car. And I took him out to the woods and let him yell.

I've got quite a few ways of stress relief figured out for me. I HAVE to be around my friends, especially when I don't feel like being social. I'm reminded of the bigger picture in life. Karaoke is the ultimate stress release for me, and I have no idea why. Shooting is great, cooking for other people, and sex round out the top for me.

It seems to me that quite a few of my younger school friends are in the same boat as my buddy. The only way they seem to deal with things is drink. I guess maybe it's a stage everyone goes through, those times of self-discovery.

"I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best."
    — Marilyn Monroe

14. The Following User High Fived frauschieze For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    D.Thomas....the next great broncos WR

Quote Originally Posted by frauschieze View Post
    I know, I know.

Shooting is great, cooking for other people, and sex round out the top for me.

have you ever tried having sex with someone,shooting them and cooking them for other people ?
    sounds like you would be TOTALLY relaxed after that

16. The Following 6 Users High Fived T.K.O. For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mike Leach

Quote Originally Posted by T.K.O. (team kyle orton) View Post
    have you ever tried having sex with someone,shooting them and cooking them for other people ?
    sounds like you would be TOTALLY relaxed after that
    LMAO! I think my overactive moral compass might have a tad bit of a problem with that scenario, but I'll keep it in mind.

— Marilyn Monroe

18. The Following User High Fived frauschieze For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Baron Browning, Jaleel McLaughlin

booze and sex are time-honored classics for a reason. . .

lots of stuff can help, though. . . it's hard to find anything more relaxing than getting a good massage. . . if i'm pissed off or upset, taking an hour-plus walk with my headphones generally helps me cool off. . . music is great. . . tossing some steaks on the grill helps, and so does watching football. . .

or sometimes just vegging out with a mindless comedy. . . the simpsons, or c alvin and hobbes. . . reminding myself that at least i'm not an inbred, mullet-wearing chiefs fan. . .

and sex, and booze. . .

or a fat handful of 'ludes if nothing else is working. . .
    “When we do find that guy, we’ve got to have the continuity on the offensive side to where we can train him and develop him and get him there. This is our fourth offense in probably three or four years. Quarterbacks need to be developed. You don’t find one ready-made. We got to have a solid system in place for when we do go after whatever guy it may be, a young guy or a trade or whatnot.”
    - John Elway

20. The Following 2 Users High Fived dogfish For This Post:

I just think of a happy place.

great thread interesting. Working out used to do it for me. Go for a run when I feel like I'm going to boil over.

Adopted Bronco:
    Peyton Hillis...always

Reading outside under the trees with a nice ice tea.
    My friend is also getting me interested in Energy Medicine as an alternative. Works kind of like accupressure/accupuncture/deep breathing, ect.
    "When we lose the right to be different, we lose the privilege to be free"
    ~Charles Evans Hughes~

laugh at fat people
    Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    I don't know much about anything. In fact, I am one of the dumbest people alive.

24. The Following 4 Users High Fived shank For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mike Leach

Quote Originally Posted by shawshank24 View Post
    laugh at fat people
    Because I can see the forthcoming humor.....

What would you recommend fat people do?

— Marilyn Monroe

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information