Thread: How do you blow off steam?

Adopted Bronco:
    Ron Dayne

Quote Originally Posted by T.K.O. (team kyle orton) View Post
    that's terrible ! you should steal ducks and feed them to homeless people

Adopted Bronco:
    Shelby Harris

Going to the shooting range.....

Listening to headphones or just straight up blasting the stereo.... Strangely, sometimes new age or relaxing type music works, other times Ministry or Metal of some kind is the magic elixir.

Cleaning and organizing at a maddening pace works too. But that sounds like a meth addict.

Sometimes, all I need is a good nap, and when I wake up, I no longer feel the need to tell the world to eff off.
    This space available for lease.

4. The Following 2 Users High Fived gnomeflinger For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Peyton Hillis...always

Quote Originally Posted by Midnight Blue View Post
    The first time I ever shot a Glock, the hot shell ejected and went right down my shirt. At the time I was about 8 months pregnant with my daughter and the sound of the gun startled her too... so that was enough "target practice" for me.

on edit: I should perhaps note that it was the hot shell casing (and not the shell itself) that ejected from the Glock and went down my shirt...

OMG!

The first five times I shot it, I screamed bloody murder. Once I got used to the 'kick', noise, and how it handled...LOVED IT!
    "When we lose the right to be different, we lose the privilege to be free"
    ~Charles Evans Hughes~

Adopted Bronco:
    Rod Smith

Load up a good first-person shooter on the computer and blow things into chunks with a shotgun.

Play solitaire with music blasting and let my mind roam wherever it wants, working out the stressful situation until it's not so stressful any more.

Water the yard by hand, for the same purpose as above.

Buy something I don't really need.

Adopted Bronco:
    The cheerleaders

Working out and reading mindless stuff on the internet. A good ass chewing on some folks once and awhile.
    "We saw it…. the hussars let loose their horses. God, what power! They ran through the smoke and the sound was like that of a thousand blacksmiths beating with a thousand hammers

They rush on to the Swedes! They crash into the Swedish riters…. Overwhelm them! They crash into the second regiment - Overwhelmed! Resistance collapses, dissolves, they move forward as easily as if they were parading on a grand boulevard

Adopted Bronco:
    Baron Browning, Jaleel McLaughlin

Quote Originally Posted by Hardwired View Post
    Load up a good first-person shooter on the computer and blow things into chunks with a shotgun.
    oh, man. . . when i was living out here before, when i was working a full-time retail job as well as running my own small business part-time, i definitely vented some major anger issues with a hail of virtual bullets-- it's far better than pumping real lead into real people, for sure. . .

grand theft auto 3 for the PS2 was my game of choice (never been a fan of FPS, for some reason). . . get a big vehicle, run some fools over and wait for the cops to come-- and then cook as many of them with the flamethrower as i could before getting capped. . . even at the time, it was a little horrifying to contemplate how many little video game souls were sacrificed to contain my rage, but at least it helped keep me from punching people at work. . .

off-topic: i'm not usually that big into video games, but that one fascinated me-- i was pretty ^%&in' addicted to it for a while. . . i loved that it was so non-linear-- instead of going from board to board or screen to screen, you had a wide open map, and didn't even have to run the missions if you didn't feel like it. . . you had endless cars to steal and cops to shoot. . . no surprise that those games got as big as they did. . .
    “When we do find that guy, we’ve got to have the continuity on the offensive side to where we can train him and develop him and get him there. This is our fourth offense in probably three or four years. Quarterbacks need to be developed. You don’t find one ready-made. We got to have a solid system in place for when we do go after whatever guy it may be, a young guy or a trade or whatnot.”
    - John Elway

9. The Following 2 Users High Fived dogfish For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Randy Gradishar

Quote Originally Posted by broncogirl7 View Post
    OMG!

The first five times I shot it, I screamed bloody murder. Once I got used to the 'kick', noise, and how it handled...LOVED IT!
    Yeah, I remember it having a bit of a kick to it too... pretty much decided the Glock fell in to the category of "my husband's stuff" after that experience though.

Quote Originally Posted by dogfish View Post
    oh, man. . . when i was living out here before, when i was working a full-time retail job as well as running my own small business part-time, i definitely vented some major anger issues with a hail of virtual bullets-- it's far better than pumping real lead into real people, for sure. . .

grand theft auto 3 for the PS2 was my game of choice (never been a fan of FPS, for some reason). . . get a big vehicle, run some fools over and wait for the cops to come-- and then cook as many of them with the flamethrower as i could before getting capped. . . even at the time, it was a little horrifying to contemplate how many little video game souls were sacrificed to contain my rage, but at least it helped keep me from punching people at work. . .

off-topic: i'm not usually that big into video games, but that one fascinated me-- i was pretty ^%&in' addicted to it for a while. . . i loved that it was so non-linear-- instead of going from board to board or screen to screen, you had a wide open map, and didn't even have to run the missions if you didn't feel like it. . . you had endless cars to steal and cops to shoot. . . no surprise that those games got as big as they did. . .
    My preteen Aspergers son likes to play Sims, and make his character a career criminal. He also likes setting them on fire, or calling the cops on a non emergency, then laughing when he dies or gets fined. I say at least he's letting his frustrations out on a video game, and not on real people.

p.s. When he plays Zoo Tycoon, he creates his zoos, closes all the exits, and sets the animals loose on the guests.
    This space available for lease.

12. The Following 4 Users High Fived gnomeflinger For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Baron Browning, Jaleel McLaughlin

Quote Originally Posted by gnomeflinger View Post
    p.s. When he plays Zoo Tycoon, he creates his zoos, closes all the exits, and sets the animals loose on the guests.
    that's perfectly healthy, IMO. . .

then again, that's coming from the guy who likes burning virtual cops to cinders. . .
    “When we do find that guy, we’ve got to have the continuity on the offensive side to where we can train him and develop him and get him there. This is our fourth offense in probably three or four years. Quarterbacks need to be developed. You don’t find one ready-made. We got to have a solid system in place for when we do go after whatever guy it may be, a young guy or a trade or whatnot.”
    - John Elway

14. The Following User High Fived dogfish For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Charley Johnson

Past a certain age, sex can only be used so often to blow off steam...not saying what that age is, and certainly not admitting to that for my own self, just sayin', is all...

Notice how often old guys seem to need to to play golf? Again, just sayin', is all...

I also like computer strategery games. Strat-o-matic football, this new monstrosity I'm playing called Pacific War, among others. Never liked arcade style games or first person shoot 'em ups myself.

I also paint, listen to loud music, read. i try and alternate between serious stuff and light stuff. My daughter and I are reading the Harry Potter books together now; she is one book ahead. Then i'll read something serious when thats done.

Manhattans, gin martini's, and India Pale Ale help too.
    “What fresh hell is this?”

"A man who picks a cat up by the tail learns something which he can learn in no other way." - Mark Twain

Adopted Bronco:
    Darrent Williams

Interesting.

I can only speak for me...

I strive to be a man of my word. I attempt to live with solid integrity.
    I follow the rules. I value honesty.
    I suspend judgement about those I come in contact with.

By doing so... it reduces the opportunities for stress in my life.

When I do not judge others... I free myself from any concern about their judgement of myself.
    When I am honest and straight up... I am not stressed about the outcomes of my actions.
    I understand the blowing out the flame of another's candle will not make mine burn any brighter in the darkness.
    In point of fact... the opposite is true.

Being single... that has done a TON to reduce my stress.
    The boys are grown, my insane wife has flown. I find it peaceful on my own.
    Being a lone wolf is relativly stress free. Independence is great.

To deal with stress... I work out.
    I find that by eating clean and working out every day...
    I am pretty dang comfortable in my skin.
    I know that I have done everything I can today to be the best I can be.
    That brings me a sense of contentment and satisfaction.

I do not drink alcohol. I did for a long time. I understand the warm fuzzy.
    I have transcended that part of my life. I finally get it.
    I am not sick. I no longer self medicate.
    I have awakened to my conscious self. I don't feel the need to alter my consciousness.
    The stress created by the cost of drinking... social and monetary...
    is non-existant in my life. And you know what? Chicks dig sober guys.
    I have mastered the ability to tap that energy within myself that I used to depend on alcohol to release.

I love live music. I lose myself in it.
    I dance with wild abandon and stop thinking, while I become a part of the experience.
    I believe that the closest we can get to God is consciousness without thought.
    I usually go to see 5 or 6 bands a week. I know a lot of musicians. I love live music.
    Dancing is a great stress reliever and a good cardio workout...
    and for me it is a way to meditate. Some people contemplate their own navel... I choose live music.

I plan to start drawing again soon. That puts me in a good place.

I save money. I put money in the bank. I had NOTHING a very short time ago.
    By the standards I used to live by... I still have NOTHING. I am a different man.
    I lost EVERYTHING in the divorce. I lost myself... my perception of my self.
    My identitiy of who I was, where I fit in... and where I was going.
    Doing everything I can to be thrifty and smart reduces stress.
    With every check I deposit... I reduce stress.

You see... stress is about our perception.
    By living with integrity and being the best man I can be day by day...
    I put myself into a place where I do not allow stress to be of a concern.

Now... after saying all of that... I do get stressed when things go wrong on the job.
    But with my outlook on life... I try to view problems as an opportunity to overcome adversity.
    I pit myself against the problem...
    and count myself as a winner if I keep my head and don't lose my cool.
    Solving the problem, and realizing it was not so big in the first place...
    that it was all simply part of how I perceived the problem... that makes me smile.

The most stress I get ... is dating. I seldom go on 2nd dates.
    There is no point... if we two are not a match.
    It is not about judging someone as a person... it is about compatability.
    Sometimes two great people simply would not be great together.
    There is no need to play games. I don't want to be the cat or the mouse.

I probably just killed this thread.

Threadkiller Dave.
    Last edited by PAINTERDAVE; 08-22-2010 at 11:42 PM.

17. The Following 4 Users High Fived PAINTERDAVE For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information