Page 741 of 1170 FirstFirst ... 241 641 691 731 739 740 741 742 743 751 791 841 ... LastLast
Results 11,101 to 11,115 of 17550

Thread: Last movie you saw - and rate it

Adopted Bronco:
    Dangerous Freedom Lock

for the record i loved awakens. Just didn't connect with this one.

And i watched AC before it, and that movie was extremely cool, so i was honestly kind of bored when watching Rogue. I dont know if that speaks to how "on the edge of your seat" Ac is, or how boring Rogue is. AC was so well done in terms of visual art and editing. The chase and historical scenes, along with pace of the film was amazing. AC is one of the better action movies i have seen in the last 5 years or so. A film about Assassins that didnt need to rely on violence to keep the viewer involved. The battles and action in Rogue just didnt seem to compare. So that might be affecting my view of it. The fighting was really some of the best i have seen a long time and Fassbender really leads the entire film like an amazing actor would.

AC left me wanting more and the next film in the series. Rogue i was like "meh, i hope the next one is better".

Ill probably see Rogue again another time to see if i was being to harsh. But i will definitely watch AC again because its so badass.
    Last edited by ShaneFalco; 12-22-2016 at 06:25 AM.

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon McMustache

Quote Originally Posted by ShaneFalco View Post
    Rogue One 5/10

"WHAT WILL THEY DO WHEN THEY CATCH YOU?"

"What will we do when we figure out your trailers used deleted scenes?"

Famous quotes and scenes from trailers not even in the film. Some trailers suggested Orso becomes flipped by the dark side, never happened, and was completely misleading. They used like 10 extra scenes not even included in the film to use in trailers. Seems extremely cheap to mislead your audience going into the film like that. In fact i would have preferred that Orso went to the dark side, would have been far more compelling then what i just watched.

5 for the VFX, Vader Scene at the end, the droid, and the death star shooting planets. Rest of the movie was pretty awful i think. I never felt invested in any of these characters. I cared more about Lukes dead uncle and aunt then i did about this girls father or mother. Only real humor in the film came from the droid or the blind guy, but that didn't stop them from trying elsewhere.

Just was uninspiring for a star wars film. I felt like none of it really made sense to show, unless the entire point was showing how it fit in before Star Wars A New Hope. Which it did a fair job off. But if that was the point, i dont understand, there is far more compelling stories before that they could have looked at. Also the only time during the film i was actually pumped up, was Vader, and the fight at the end which was basically 45 seconds, left me feeling ripped off, even though it was pretty awesome.

I don't know, just felt extremely typical of Hollywood running out of good story arcs for characters. Never felt invested in the outcome, and frankly didnt care at the end.

After seeing Assassins Creed this movie didnt really compare to me at all in terms of story or acting, in fact this move felt extremely sub par compared to it (Fassbender effect?). Which saddens me because i love Star Wars.
    Interesting. I did notice that about 80% of the footage you see in the trailers is not in the film, but if you are just rating the film you saw instead of the film you wanted is it still a 5/10? Just curious. I know I am a Star Wars fanboy but that is a pretty low score for this movie! It may just boil down to you liking Assassins Creed more I guess, just curious if the trailers being misleading really ultimately let you down when you saw the finished film.

Also out of curiosity, if Rogue One is a 5/10 where does that rank it with the other Star Wars films? I am always curious of that because now we are starting to see people who grew up with the prequels sometimes have those outrank the OT. Not questioning your score or your opinion, just wondering how you got there. I do agree that Disney/Lucasfilm has played it safe story wise so far with The Force Awakens and Rogue One, but the execution on R1 was superior to me in many ways. I just don't see them going crazy and doing a true stand-alone movie that doesn't tie into either the Clone War or Galactic Civil War era, but I'd love to see like an ancient Sith mythology movie or something.

Personally I have no emotional stake in Assassins Creed. I really did try to give the games a shot but I stopped with Black Flag. The movie looks decent but I'm not sure it would be enough to compel me to see it in the theater. I might be pleasantly surprised though, I like Michael Fassbender.

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

And the Oscar for worst movie review in history goes to..........
    Let's Rid3!!!!

4. The Following User High Fived chazoe60 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Dangerous Freedom Lock

Quote Originally Posted by MasterShake View Post
    Interesting. I did notice that about 80% of the footage you see in the trailers is not in the film, but if you are just rating the film you saw instead of the film you wanted is it still a 5/10? Just curious. I know I am a Star Wars fanboy but that is a pretty low score for this movie! It may just boil down to you liking Assassins Creed more I guess, just curious if the trailers being misleading really ultimately let you down when you saw the finished film.

Also out of curiosity, if Rogue One is a 5/10 where does that rank it with the other Star Wars films? I am always curious of that because now we are starting to see people who grew up with the prequels sometimes have those outrank the OT. Not questioning your score or your opinion, just wondering how you got there. I do agree that Disney/Lucasfilm has played it safe story wise so far with The Force Awakens and Rogue One, but the execution on R1 was superior to me in many ways. I just don't see them going crazy and doing a true stand-alone movie that doesn't tie into either the Clone War or Galactic Civil War era, but I'd love to see like an ancient Sith mythology movie or something.

Personally I have no emotional stake in Assassins Creed. I really did try to give the games a shot but I stopped with Black Flag. The movie looks decent but I'm not sure it would be enough to compel me to see it in the theater. I might be pleasantly surprised though, I like Michael Fassbender.
    Remember that tie fighter that confronts jane on the platform of the giant satellite dish in the trailers?

Oh yea that never happened in the film either. There was numerous scenes. I went into to the film after watching one of the trailers thinking, This rebel check is going to get flipped to the imperials. Because the trailer was all "What will they do when they catch you" and the ending shot of her in the trailer is in imperial gear.

So it basically implies that she gets caught and flipped. Which is very misleading as that very quote is removed from the film.

I almost would have preferred the implied trailer story. Would have been far more intriguing to see a rebel agent get flipped.

As for the force mythology.... it almost seems like Disney is afraid to touch the force. They do little force chokes and light saber grabs, but nothing more extreme then that.

Ranking it? I would say like 3rd or 2nd worst of the entire series. Only one i would put worse is Episode 1. Because of Binks. But even in Episode 1, that fight between Darth Maul was pretty decent.
    Last edited by ShaneFalco; 12-22-2016 at 09:36 AM.

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon McMustache

Remember that tie fighter that confronts jane on the platform of the giant satellite dish in the trailers?

Oh yea that never happened in the film either. There was numerous scenes. I went into to the film after watching one of the trailers thinking, This rebel check is going to get flipped to the imperials. Because the trailer was all "What will they do when they catch you" and the ending shot of her in the trailer is in imperial gear.

So it basically implies that she gets caught and flipped. Which is very misleading as that very quote is removed from the film by forest Whittaker.

I almost would have preferred the implied trailer story.

As for the a force mythology.... it almost seems like Disney is afraid to touch the force. They do little force chokes and light saber grabs, but nothing more extreme then that.
    I see what you are saying, but like I said I think it's important to rate the movie you saw not the movie you wanted. If it were up to me, the whole Rogue One crew would have been hot chicks and they only way they could get the plans was by kissing each other for reasons.

****SPOILERS BELOW****

As for implied story more than actual story? I will take what I got to be honest. In the trailer there is a shot of Cassian and Jyn in a ship as the Scarif is being destroyed where they smile at each other and say, "Ok". This is obviously from the first draft of the film where they actually escape after stealing the plans (Gareth confirmed this in recent interviews). What we actually got is pretty ballsy, especially for a family friendly sci-fi fantasy movie.

7. The Following User High Fived MasterShake For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

I still want a Darth Maul movie.

9. The Following 2 Users High Fived Northman For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Dangerous Freedom Lock

I see what you are saying, but like I said I think it's important to rate the movie you saw not the movie you wanted. If it were up to me, the whole Rogue One crew would have been hot chicks and they only way they could get the plans was by kissing each other for reasons.

****SPOILERS BELOW****

As for implied story more than actual story? I will take what I got to be honest. In the trailer there is a shot of Cassian and Jyn in a ship as the Scarif is being destroyed where they smile at each other and say, "Ok". This is obviously from the first draft of the film where they actually escape after stealing the plans (Gareth confirmed this in recent interviews). What we actually got is pretty ballsy, especially for a family friendly sci-fi fantasy movie.
    To me Star Wars was always built on the duels and opposing forces, squaring off or even long drawn out conflicts which eventually lead to a climax point. Much like older series. So when it happens, its epic. People want to see it.

Force Awakens got some of that right, with Kylo and Solo. Then Kylo and Ray. This film had maybe what 4 minutes of Vader? The Krennic guy was kind of a weak main villain to be honest. He was "ambitious" with bad intentions, seems kind of weak compared to some of the dark side.

Just didnt seem to care for the conflict very much.

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon McMustache

Quote Originally Posted by Northman View Post
    Well the rumor is if that Ewan McGregor gets his solo Obi-Wan movie he will make an appearance.

Maul works best as a sub-character, but he is cool in the Clone Wars and Rebels shows.

12. The Following User High Fived MasterShake For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon McMustache

To me Star Wars was always built on the duels and opposing forces, squaring off or even long drawn out conflicts. Much like older series.

Force Awakens got some of that right, with Kylo and Solo. Then Kylo and Ray. This film had maybe what 4 minutes of Vader? The Krennic guy was kind of a weak main villain to be honest. He was "ambitious" with bad intentions, seems kind of weak compared to some of the dark side.
    Got it. Sounds like you just want to focus on the bigger mythology of the force, Jedi, etc. which is cool. Rogue One was more about the Rebellion which can be boring.

Like I said I won't judge, just curious how you got to that score. I will defend Batman V Superman until I die and I think that movie has a 27% or worse on Rotten Tomatoes.

14. The Following 2 Users High Fived MasterShake For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Dangerous Freedom Lock

Got it. Sounds like you just want to focus on the bigger mythology of the force, Jedi, etc. which is cool. Rogue One was more about the Rebellion which can be boring.

Like I said I won't judge, just curious how you got to that score. I will defend Batman V Superman until I die and I think that movie has a 27% or worse on Rotten Tomatoes.
    but theres ways to make it not boring. Like one thing i had an issue with

Spoiler

They literally take the base with 20 people, then the rebel fleet shows up and is like hey "lets fight now".

Adopted Bronco:
    Dangerous Freedom Lock

i want any type of Sith or Darkside movie.

Told from that perspective. Hell ill take a Boba Fett movie and he just goes around murking people.

17. The Following User High Fived ShaneFalco For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

I will defend Batman V Superman until I die and I think that movie has a 27% or worse on Rotten Tomatoes.
    While i think BvS was "ok" i certainly appreciate it a bit more than SS because everything was plausible in BvS vs SS. I watched it again the other day and i love how they incorporated the use of Kryponite with Batman so that he would be able to compete with Superman one on one. The whole Kryponite gas was pure genius and i think this is where Suicide Squad failed in terms of making the fight with Enchantress believable. They seemed to have taken more time in developing that part of the story for BvS and it works but i still have some issues with it because im just not sold on Affleck being as good as Bale as Batman. So far WW was the best thing about it to which im looking forward to her solo movie coming out soon. Never the less, i think i will dig Rogue One because its easy to get caught up in all the fights and glory but sometimes the underlying story is just as interesting and often gets overlooked. I cant count the amount of times ive watched a movie after it finished and said to myself "well, what happened? How did so and so get there and this and that". Even though i will watch the new Underworld movie i would much rather go back to after Rise of the Lycans and focus on Sheen's character Lucian who i felt was more interesting to the entire storyline. Dont get me wrong, i love me some Beckonsale but the Underworld storyline for the future has pretty much been tapped out for me.

19. The Following User High Fived Northman For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

i want any type of Sith or Darkside movie.

Told from that perspective. Hell ill take a Boba Fett movie and he just goes around murking people.
    I Believe they are working on a Fett movie but it may be tied in with Han Solo im not sure.

Adopted Bronco:
    Dangerous Freedom Lock

only thing i didn't like in BVS was CGI batman jumping around rooms, after Bale did it without all those years.

Adopted Bronco:
    Dangerous Freedom Lock

I Believe they are working on a Fett movie but it may be tied in with Han Solo im not sure.
    ya something with Fett taking down Solo or even Jedi. And there is one he cant take down or something.

Make the viewer view the Jedi as the enemy.

I would choose Jedi over Sith anyday! but i respect the dark side!

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information