Page 1150 of 1170 FirstFirst ... 150 650 1050 1100 1140 1148 1149 1150 1151 1152 1160 ... LastLast
Results 17,236 to 17,250 of 17550

Thread: Last movie you saw - and rate it

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    Oh now we're giving ourselves ratings? Seems a little narcissistic if you ask me.
    I admire the modesty and self-deprication. I couldn't dock myself a full point.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sting
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

2. The Following 5 Users High Fived Hawgdriver For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Dogfish

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    Batman being remade for the 407th time is "refreshing"? What kind of morons do you take your readers for?
    tl;dr warning - skip to last line for summary:

It stands far apart from any live-action Batman movie, Buffington Bear. In Batman, there's different, well...flavors of the character. Some of those flavors exist in all of the stories, and slot into timelines. So, in just about all of the movies, young Batman is more of a detective than the full-fledged-teched-out-badass. Here, he's definitely in that role. However, in some stories/arches/timelines he is 'always' a detective.

Peak Batman is when he embodies the best of humanity talent wise. The Batman with the bajillion science and specialty degrees is one interesting take on detective batman. This is another version of that. It's more akin to "he's just really sharp and intuitive," in this universe, which is actually nice it make some of his mental errors much more understandable.

tl;dr - this is a different style of a lesser done version of Batman, and that's refreshing, imo.

4. The Following 2 Users High Fived King87 For This Post:

Buff is on a roll!!

Adopted Bronco:
    Dogfish

Quote Originally Posted by Tned View Post
    Buff is on a roll!!
    He is GOAT.

Quote Originally Posted by King87 View Post
    He is GOAT.
    I always thought a sheep, but tonight, I'm rethinking...

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

I'm just stunned that everyone let my spelling error slide. I'm not untouchable, folks.
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

9. The Following 4 Users High Fived Hawgdriver For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Dogfish

Quote Originally Posted by Hawgdriver View Post
    I'm just stunned that everyone let my spelling error slide. I'm not untouchable, folks.
    Even Michael Jordan missed free throws.

11. The Following 3 Users High Fived King87 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

13. The Following 2 Users High Fived Northman For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    DT you will be missed

True but some of us just don't care enough about spelling or grammar on a message board to be police on it lol.
    Denver's 2024 George Paton Draft/FA plan

Draft
    RD1- TE Brock Bowers, GA
    RD3- QB Spencer Rattler, SC
    RD4- CB Josh Newton, TCU
    RD5- S Reggie Pearson, OK
    RD5- C Michael Jurgens, Wake Forest
    RD6- K Jonah Dalmas, Boise St

FA
    1. With what money

15. The Following User High Fived Elevation inc For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon McMustache

Doctor Strange and The Multiverse of Madness: 7.5/10

I actually really enjoyed this movie because of Sam Rami's involvement. He does a great job of leaning into his superhero pedigree (especially the first 2 Spider-man movies) and of course his horror roots in this film. There are some downright legit scary scenes in this flick, and the gore is really ramped up. Especially for a Marvel movie!

My issues with this film lie more in the overall Phase 4 approach Marvel is taking. Whereas Phases 1-3 were all interconnected and leading to a major storyline, these all seem to be operating without any threads to one another. The TV shows, movies, etc. are all under the Disney umbrella so while they walk shoulder to shoulder, they never seem to shake hands. For example, The Eternals may have been a pretty shit movie, but that doesn't explain why no other movie talks about how a damn Celestial is poking out of the Earth. And between Spider-Man: No Way Home and Loki you sure as hell would think they could've linked this whole new plotline together easily. This is making for a very confusing time at the movies, even for a big geek like me.

Instead we get a resolution to

Wanda's storyline from Wandavision which is now CLEARLY a villain origin story for her
    and a whole new setup for another story with Doctor Strange and some new character in the mid-credits scene. I was excited when

Reed Richards from Fantastic 4 and Professor X played by Patrick Stewart from X-men were revealed because I thought this is how they would be brought into the MCU, but instead them and the others get BRUTALLY killed onscreen lol

Between all the shows, The Eternals, Shang-chi, etc. there is just a directionless feel to the MCU suddenly, just a bunch of stories happening to familiar characters. I guess we will see what happens with Thor: Love and Thunder but its very odd. I guess they have some plan I'm just not seeing, or maybe they realized they can just do some solo stories for now.

And therein lies the problem that I always had with the Marvel Multiverse. Unlike DC's Infinite Earths (where there are 52 Earth dimensions where stories can happen but Earth 0 is always the "official" main DC continuum) Marvel always used there multiverse to get themselves out of story jams easily by hitting the reset button and switching to a whole new reality. I wonder if this is Disney/Marvel realizing that its going to be hard to keep doing these movies without the Iron Man, Captain America, etc. as well as The Fantastic 4 and the X-Men. I think phase 5 might just be a reset or maybe even a whole new series of movies if they wrap up with something big.

17. The Following User High Fived MasterShake For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

My issues arent with the story telling personally, in fact Dr Strange 2 was easy for me to follow because of Wandavision. However, movies like Eternals or series like Moon Knight make zero sense (in the Marvel Universe) and often leaves me wondering if we should even care about those particular characters.

19. The Following 4 Users High Fived Northman For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Northman View Post
    My issues arent with the story telling personally, in fact Dr Strange 2 was easy for me to follow because of Wandavision. However, movies like Eternals or series like Moon Knight make zero sense (in the Marvel Universe) and often leaves me wondering if we should even care about those particular characters.
    Agree!

Externals was junk…and moon knight has lost me… it just seems terrible..

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Shake, you seen Northman?

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon McMustache

Shake, you seen Northman?
    Nope! I want to but I’m also in the habit of waiting for most things to hit the streaming services.

Edit: also my free time is shot so I have to choose movies in theater carefully. The ones I know for sure I’ll see in the theater are the Bobs Burgers Movie (I love it ok?!), Top Gun: Maverick, Lightyear, Elvis, and the new Thor. The one I’m most excited for oddly enough is the Elvis one!
    Last edited by MasterShake; 05-07-2022 at 10:58 PM.

23. The Following 2 Users High Fived MasterShake For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon McMustache

Quote Originally Posted by Northman View Post
    I loved Wandavision but I felt a bit of whiplash with how we left her character and how she is introduced here. Even Rami admitted he had to be briefed on the show because he hadn’t seen it. I guess it was that it’s not easy for me to follow so much as it’s not jiving with my perceptions.

To your other point I agree. I just don’t care about these characters much outside of their respective movies. When the Eternals show up to fight in someone else’s movie or the next Avengers flick I’m not gonna care lol

25. The Following User High Fived MasterShake For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information