Page 1113 of 1171 FirstFirst ... 113 613 1013 1063 1103 1111 1112 1113 1114 1115 1123 1163 ... LastLast
Results 16,681 to 16,695 of 17554

Thread: Last movie you saw - and rate it

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon McMustache

Quote Originally Posted by elsid13 View Post
    Motherless Brooklyn - 8/10. Had the old school gum shoe feel with some great acting. Norton was really good.
    Good lord I forgot all about that movie! Watched early on in quarantine. Yes, Norton was great in it!

2. The Following User High Fived MasterShake For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

Light of my Life - 7ish/10

Casey Affleck is great. I love the slow burn - found myself really invested in the characters. At one point about 70% of the way through the movie I was thinking it was a 9/10 but it kind of falls apart in the end for me. Still a good flick.

I Care A Lot
    8/10

A tad stupid in a few parts, but that's me being picky. This was a great film with A+ performances across the board.

5. The Following User High Fived Devilspawn For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon McMustache

Bee Gees: How Do You Mend a Broken Heart 9/10

Wonderfully paced and bittersweet documentary about The Bee Gees on HBO Max. This band always seemed to be on the periphery of my life since I was born the same year they really blew up but I had no idea their careers spanned all the way back to the 50’s. Covers lots of ground with old interviews and a new interview Barry Gibb that offers a heartbreaking perspective on their highs and lows. Can’t recommend this enough.
    Last edited by MasterShake; 03-26-2021 at 03:21 PM.

7. The Following 4 Users High Fived MasterShake For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Considered watching that last night, maybe the wife and i will give it a go.

9. The Following User High Fived Northman For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon McMustache

Quote Originally Posted by Northman View Post
    Considered watching that last night, maybe the wife and i will give it a go.
    Yeah I have always been neutral on The Bee Gees but that movie really spells out how special they are. You get taken in by the first few minutes.

11. The Following 2 Users High Fived MasterShake For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

I enjoyed that Bee Gees doc a lot too. Great way to spend some time, and eye-opening too.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sting
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

13. The Following 3 Users High Fived Hawgdriver For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

I said this back in January in the "What are you watching" thread:

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoJoe View Post
    The Bee Gees - How Can You Mend A Broken Heart

Astonishing how many great songs they wrote, long before the Saturday Night Fever soundtrack. Even after the "disco sucks" revolution, they still wrote numerous #1 hits for other artists because they were basically banned from radio.

As MO would say, don't @ me! Definitely a great watch.

Sad that only Barry is still alive.

15. The Following 2 Users High Fived BroncoJoe For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Quote Originally Posted by MasterShake View Post
    Bee Gees: How Do You Mend a Broken Heart 9/10

Wonderfully paced and bittersweet documentary about The Bee Gees on HBO Max. This band always seemed to be on the periphery of my life since I was born the same year they really blew up but I had no idea their careers spanned all the way back to the 50’s. Covers lots of ground with old interviews and a new interview Barry Gibb that offers a heartbreaking perspective on their highs and lows. Can’t recommend this enough.
    Quote Originally Posted by BroncoJoe View Post
    I said this back in January in the "What are you watching" thread:
    Amazing, the wife and i loved this and like some of you i never even knew about some of their earlier stuff (which was actually good).

10/10

17. The Following 2 Users High Fived Northman For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon McMustache

Amazing, the wife and i loved this and like some of you i never even knew about some of their earlier stuff (which was actually good).

10/10
    Yeah, I immediately went to go check out their 60's stuff which as Noel Gallagher said in the documentary sounded like early Beatles. I had only ever really know them from Saturday Night Fever (of which I inherited the original on Vinyl from my parents years ago lol) and always thought they were talented but never new how many times they rose and fell over several decades. Too bad they got caught up in the Disco backlash, because the songs they wrote for others (Dolly Parton, Diana Ross, etc.) would've been great Bee Gees records. My parents have a few pictures from seeing them in concert back in 1979 at McNichols I should see if I can dig them up.

19. The Following 2 Users High Fived MasterShake For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Quote Originally Posted by MasterShake View Post
    Yeah, I immediately went to go check out their 60's stuff which as Noel Gallagher said in the documentary sounded like early Beatles. I had only ever really know them from Saturday Night Fever (of which I inherited the original on Vinyl from my parents years ago lol) and always thought they were talented but never new how many times they rose and fell over several decades. Too bad they got caught up in the Disco backlash, because the songs they wrote for others (Dolly Parton, Diana Ross, etc.) would've been great Bee Gees records. My parents have a few pictures from seeing them in concert back in 1979 at McNichols I should see if I can dig them up.

^All this.

I said that to Missy last night that the early stuff sounded exactly like something the Beatles and/or Beach Boys would play. Im actually going through catalog now and am surprised they werent bigger than they were during that time period. When it came to the stuff they wrote for other artists (like the Rogers/Parton song) she was shocked that it was written by them. But we both agreed that once you listen to those songs from the respective artists you can definitely hear the Bee Gees compositions in them.

Adopted Bronco:
    only Von

I finally got around to watching The Irishman last weekend. King was wrong.

22. The Following User High Fived aberdien For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon McMustache

^All this.

I said that to Missy last night that the early stuff sounded exactly like something the Beatles would play. Im actually going through catalog now and am surprised they werent bigger than they were during that time period. When it came to the stuff they wrote for other artists (like the Rogers/Parton song) she was shocked that it was written by them. But we both agreed that once you listen to those songs from the respective artists you can definitely hear the Bee Gees compositions in them.
    Yeah I remember hearing Islands in the Stream all the time on the radio growing up, now I can ONLY hear it through that lens!

24. The Following User High Fived MasterShake For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Currently loving this tune.

26. The Following 2 Users High Fived Northman For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

Don't mean to make this about the Bee Gees, but this is pretty awesome:

28. The Following User High Fived BroncoJoe For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information