Page 1062 of 1171 FirstFirst ... 62 562 962 1012 1052 1060 1061 1062 1063 1064 1072 1112 1162 ... LastLast
Results 15,916 to 15,930 of 17553

Thread: Last movie you saw - and rate it

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Quote Originally Posted by Devilspawn View Post
    Contagion - 7/10
    Outbreak - 9.5/10
    Philadelphia - 9/10

Yeeeah, this was not a good idea for my psyche.

Contagion is so close to what's going on today, right down to how the virus was born, which was shown at the very end. It's an extreme blueprint of today's world.

Outbreak was great when I first saw it in theaters and it still holds up today. It fits the mold of the 90s popcorn movie.

Philadelphia. Why? Tom Hanks and AIDS. When I go fear, I go HARD.
    Great. DS throws down the pandemic movie achievement gauntlet.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sting
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

Dark water is good. I have a real tough time following dialogue in movies. I'll have to watch it again. But really an interesting story. Good acting-Tim Robin's, bill Pullman, others whose names I dont recall

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Blackkklansman- 7/10

Aside from Lee's omission about all the facts with the Charlottesville stuff at the end this was a pretty entertaining movie John David Washington was fantastic and Driver did a great job as well.

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

The Burning- 9/10

Old horror flick i had never seen before but heard a lot of people talking about. While its virtually like the 80's slashers of its time like Friday the 13th, Sleepaway Camp, etc. Cool thing about this flick though has a LOT of familiar faces in it that kind of blew my mind while watching. The film stars Jason Alexander (Seinfield), Fisher Stevens (Short Circuit), Leah Ayres (Bloodsport), Brian Backer (Fast Times at Ridgement High), Ned Eisenberg (Last Man Standing), and Holly Hunter (Raising Arizona).

Needed a distraction. Watched 1917. Overall, real good movie.

They were guilty of a pet peeve of mine, which is an unlimited magazine on a gun. There was one scene where something like 11 or 12 shots were taken from the stars rifle with no reload, which I think was an Enfield, which probably holds five rounds.

That aside, it was a good movie. Did a good job of giving a sense of the horror of trench warfare of that war.

A solid 8 of 10, I would think.

Interesting side effect of the shutdowns is there are multiple movies now on Vudu available for rent that would/should have been in theaters, like Invisible Man, which I think was just released in theaters. They are charging a boat load, $19.99, which in some cases more than they will charge for the digital purchase in 4 months, but for people stuck at home and might have paid more than that to go watch it in the theater, it's an interesting option.

7. The Following User High Fived Tned For This Post:

GEM

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Quote Originally Posted by Tned View Post
    Interesting side effect of the shutdowns is there are multiple movies now on Vudu available for rent that would/should have been in theaters, like Invisible Man, which I think was just released in theaters. They are charging a boat load, $19.99, which in some cases more than they will charge for the digital purchase in 4 months, but for people stuck at home and might have paid more than that to go watch it in the theater, it's an interesting option.
    AMC Theaters has an app that has recent and in theater releases available on demand for decent rates.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sting
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

9. The Following 2 Users High Fived Hawgdriver For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon McMustache

yeah but it’s still a good deal if there’s a few people watching. I miss going to movies to right now, though.

11. The Following User High Fived MasterShake For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by MasterShake View Post
    yeah but it’s still a good deal if there’s a few people watching. I miss going to movies to right now, though.
    We never go to movies, always watch from home. For those that they release (I imagine most major ones will simply be delayed), we have to decide if we spend as much on a rental, as we normally do on a purchase, or wait the four months we are used to waiting.

We watched The Upside yesterday, which has Kevin Hart and Brian Cranston. It's been on my list to watch for months, but just really thought it had the chance to be depressing or too deep. Turns out to be a really good movie. Kevin Hart in a serious role, but obviously bringing his normal comedic shtick to a serious role.

Vudu community gave it over 4.5 stars, looks life 4.7 or 4.8 (have to judge by how the stars are filled in), which equates to 9+/10, and I'm good with giving it a 9/10 rating. Both pleasantly surprised, and really enjoyed the movie. Was a nice distraction from reality right now.

Here's the description of it from Vudu:

Philip is a disabled white billionaire, who feels that life is not worth living. To help him in his day to day routine, he hires Del, an African American parolee, trying to reconnect with his estranged wife. What begins as a professional relationship develops into a friendship as Del shows his grouchy charge that life is worth living.

14. The Following 2 Users High Fived Tned For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    DT you will be missed

We watched The Upside yesterday, which has Kevin Hart and Brian Cranston. It's been on my list to watch for months, but just really thought it had the chance to be depressing or too deep. Turns out to be a really good movie. Kevin Hart in a serious role, but obviously bringing his normal comedic shtick to a serious role.

Vudu community gave it over 4.5 stars, looks life 4.7 or 4.8 (have to judge by how the stars are filled in), which equates to 9+/10, and I'm good with giving it a 9/10 rating. Both pleasantly surprised, and really enjoyed the movie. Was a nice distraction from reality right now.

Here's the description of it from Vudu:

Philip is a disabled white billionaire, who feels that life is not worth living. To help him in his day to day routine, he hires Del, an African American parolee, trying to reconnect with his estranged wife. What begins as a professional relationship develops into a friendship as Del shows his grouchy charge that life is worth living.
    Highly enjoyed this movie...Very underrated
    Denver's 2024 George Paton Draft/FA plan

Draft
    RD1- TE Brock Bowers, GA
    RD3- QB Spencer Rattler, SC
    RD4- CB Josh Newton, TCU
    RD5- S Reggie Pearson, OK
    RD5- C Michael Jurgens, Wake Forest
    RD6- K Jonah Dalmas, Boise St

FA
    1. With what money

16. The Following User High Fived Elevation inc For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Braid- 8/10

So Missy and i checked this out on Amazon Prime last night. I think im going to have to watch it again as its a pretty wild movie and messes with your mind a bit.
    Here is a description of what is going on.

"Two wanted women decide to rob their wealthy yet mentally unstable friend who lives in a fantasy world they all created as children. To take her money, the girls must take part in a deadly and perverse game of make believe throughout a sprawling yet decaying estate. As things become increasingly violent and hallucinatory, they realize that obtaining the money may be the least of their concerns."

18. The Following 2 Users High Fived Northman For This Post:

Watching the platform. It's an interesting concept but in Spanish. Reading the subtitles is a bit laborious. Also saw tiger king which is a solid 7 of 10

20. The Following 2 Users High Fived BroncoNut For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Dangerous Freedom Lock

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoNut View Post
    Watching the platform. It's an interesting concept but in Spanish. Reading the subtitles is a bit laborious. Also saw tiger king which is a solid 7 of 10
    dude that movie stuck with me for a few days after i watched.

That damn old guy and his Samurai knife.

22. The Following User High Fived ShaneFalco For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by ShaneFalco View Post
    dude that movie stuck with me for a few days after i watched.

That damn old guy and his Samurai knife.
    I fell asleep, not that it was boring, I just needed the sleep. I'll have to rewatch it. I was disappointed in that old guy, he seemed like such a nice man just looking at him at first. and then he gets all weird like that.

24. The Following User High Fived BroncoNut For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information