Page 865 of 1170 FirstFirst ... 365 765 815 855 863 864 865 866 867 875 915 965 ... LastLast
Results 12,961 to 12,975 of 17545

Thread: Last movie you saw - and rate it

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon McMustache

Quote Originally Posted by Davii View Post
    I loved the first one, looking forward to it
    It pretty much settles into the groove of the first one from the get go, not much new but still funny. But like King said its a bit exhausting after a while. I think Deadpool works best with a smaller budget.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterShake View Post
    It pretty much settles into the groove of the first one from the get go, not much new but still funny. But like King said its a bit exhausting after a while. I think Deadpool works best with a smaller budget.
    The "foreshadowing," part and the result of that 'mystery' cost them a fair amount of money and I loved it. Trim two jokes from each of the three running jokes and that movie is as good as the first one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

Adopted Bronco:
    Always King87

Watching 'Hard Lessons' with Denzel Washington....He's a favorite of mine.

Adopted Bronco:
    Steve Atwater

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	33576409_10155828519793525_6283504052735049728_n.jpg 
Views:	57 
Size:	50.9 KB 
ID:	12224

Star Wars Story: Solo

8/10

Awesome! It was very interesting to see how Han Solo meets Chewbacca for the first time. I got goosebumps when they got together on the Millennium Falcon. They gave out Solo t-shirts at the movie theater.

5. The Following 7 Users High Fived Magnificent Seven For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon McMustache

Solo: A Star Wars Story 8.5/10

For a movie that received a lot of premature backlash for not needing to exist, it sure as hell tried to justify itself and has no business being as good as it was. Obviously Harrison Ford's portrayal was iconic, but newcomer Alden Ehrenreich won me over pretty quickly as the young Han Solo because he wasn't trying to do a Ford impersonation nor was he trying to distance himself. He kinda is what he is, and though he doesn't carry the same gravitas as his older counterpart he never really gives you a reason to not like him. As a matter of fact, that sentiment can sum up this movie quite nicely.

The Good:
    • Unlike The Last Jedi which challenged fans of the series, this movie is fast and fun and just lets you sit back and enjoy it
    • Great world building, once again making the Star Wars universe feel like a big place with lots of stories going on in the background
    • Fantastic special effects and score
    • Lando. I love Billy Dee Williams but Donald Glover truly owned the role and stole every scene he was in
    • We get to see the Empire from their point of view in a muddy war on a backwater planet
    • For the first time in the Star Wars movies, the crime syndicates are explored heavily and are pivotal to the plot
    • Unexpected cameo out the end was great

The Not-So Good:
    • Some wonky pacing issues, but nothing lingers long enough to annoy you
    • Uneven humor in some places. You could tell Ron Howard was brought in late to fix some things.
    • Most of the motivations of the characters are telegraphed, but this was never meant to be high drama
    • Weird "droid uprising" subplot. Didn't take anything away but didn't add much either.
    • The movie is basically a checklist of Solo's backstory being shown from lines from previous movies.

I guess the best thing I can say that if they made a sequel with this cast I would see it no problem. But if they stop with just a solo Solo movie (ahem) then I'm happy with what I got and really surprised how much I liked it.

7. The Following 6 Users High Fived MasterShake For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Kay Adams

How many Star Wars movies have they made now?
    Quote Originally Posted by Day1BroncoFan View Post
    I'm happier than tom brady in a gay bar....

Adopted Bronco:
    Kay Adams

Quote Originally Posted by slim View Post
    Too many.

10. The Following 4 Users High Fived slim For This Post:

Enjoyed Solo immensely! Loved the surprise at the end. I was pretty anti new guy going in, but the young man did pretty dang well! Loved the Ron Howard touches. Agree on Glover, he was really good and their chemistry was good and believable.

Added bonus, watched my aunt Peggy go ape shit in the theater at the surprise appearance as that is her favorite sw character. She went nuts.

12. The Following 3 Users High Fived GEM For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Steve Atwater

Quote Originally Posted by MasterShake View Post
    Solo: A Star Wars Story 8.5/10

For a movie that received a lot of premature backlash for not needing to exist, it sure as hell tried to justify itself and has no business being as good as it was. Obviously Harrison Ford's portrayal was iconic, but newcomer Alden Ehrenreich won me over pretty quickly as the young Han Solo because he wasn't trying to do a Ford impersonation nor was he trying to distance himself. He kinda is what he is, and though he doesn't carry the same gravitas as his older counterpart he never really gives you a reason to not like him. As a matter of fact, that sentiment can sum up this movie quite nicely.

The Good:
    • Unlike The Last Jedi which challenged fans of the series, this movie is fast and fun and just lets you sit back and enjoy it
    • Great world building, once again making the Star Wars universe feel like a big place with lots of stories going on in the background
    • Fantastic special effects and score
    • Lando. I love Billy Dee Williams but Donald Glover truly owned the role and stole every scene he was in
    • We get to see the Empire from their point of view in a muddy war on a backwater planet
    • For the first time in the Star Wars movies, the crime syndicates are explored heavily and are pivotal to the plot
    • Unexpected cameo out the end was great

The Not-So Good:
    • Some wonky pacing issues, but nothing lingers long enough to annoy you
    • Uneven humor in some places. You could tell Ron Howard was brought in late to fix some things.
    • Most of the motivations of the characters are telegraphed, but this was never meant to be high drama
    • Weird "droid uprising" subplot. Didn't take anything away but didn't add much either.
    • The movie is basically a checklist of Solo's backstory being shown from lines from previous movies.

I guess the best thing I can say that if they made a sequel with this cast I would see it no problem. But if they stop with just a solo Solo movie (ahem) then I'm happy with what I got and really surprised how much I liked it.
    Well said! Do you think they would go for 2nd Solo movie? Personally, I think they should go for 2nd because we want to see how did Lando ends up in Cloud City and Solo's debt situation with Jabba the Hutt.

14. The Following User High Fived Magnificent Seven For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon McMustache

Quote Originally Posted by Magnificent Seven View Post
    Well said! Do you think they would go for 2nd Solo movie? Personally, I think they should go for 2nd because we want to see how did Lando ends up in Cloud City and Solo's debt situation with Jabba the Hutt.
    The actors signed on for three movies, but that doesn't mean much these days. I would see a sequel to this in a heartbeat. This movie felt like a classic space western like the original Star Wars and there is something to be said for a simple adventure flick when so many movies try to be edgy.

16. The Following 2 Users High Fived MasterShake For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Always King87

There will be no ending to Star Wars movies.

Adopted Bronco:
    Kay Adams

Quote Originally Posted by Nomad View Post
    There will be no ending to Star Wars movies.
    All fair to middling things end!

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

All fair to middling things end!
    You’re a monster.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

Adopted Bronco:
    Kay Adams

Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    You’re a monster.
    Check your closet for me before you go to bed!

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Check your closet for me before you go to bed!
    MO: "Hey slim! Come out of the closet!"
    Quote Originally Posted by Sting
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

22. The Following 4 Users High Fived Hawgdriver For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information