Page 865 of 865 FirstFirst ... 365 765 815 855 863 864 865
Results 12,961 to 12,970 of 12970

Thread: Last movie you saw - and rate it

  1. #12961
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Denver
    Adopted Bronco:
    Hingle McCringleberry
    Posts
    12,481

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Davii View Post
    I loved the first one, looking forward to it
    It pretty much settles into the groove of the first one from the get go, not much new but still funny. But like King said its a bit exhausting after a while. I think Deadpool works best with a smaller budget.

  2. #12962
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Adopted Bronco:
    Bradley Chubb
    Posts
    42,942

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MasterShake View Post
    It pretty much settles into the groove of the first one from the get go, not much new but still funny. But like King said its a bit exhausting after a while. I think Deadpool works best with a smaller budget.
    The "foreshadowing," part and the result of that 'mystery' cost them a fair amount of money and I loved it. Trim two jokes from each of the three running jokes and that movie is as good as the first one.
    What's shaking, chiefy baby?

  3. #12963
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Eagle River, Alaska
    Posts
    34,319

    Default

    Watching 'Hard Lessons' with Denzel Washington....He's a favorite of mine.
    why you so serious!

  4. #12964
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    West Coast
    Adopted Bronco:
    Steve Atwater
    Posts
    4,119

    Default

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	33576409_10155828519793525_6283504052735049728_n.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	50.9 KB 
ID:	12224

    Star Wars Story: Solo

    8/10

    Awesome! It was very interesting to see how Han Solo meets Chewbacca for the first time. I got goosebumps when they got together on the Millennium Falcon. They gave out Solo t-shirts at the movie theater.

  5. The Following 5 Users High Fived Magnificent Seven For This Post:


  6. #12965
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Denver
    Adopted Bronco:
    Hingle McCringleberry
    Posts
    12,481

    Default

    Solo: A Star Wars Story 8.5/10

    For a movie that received a lot of premature backlash for not needing to exist, it sure as hell tried to justify itself and has no business being as good as it was. Obviously Harrison Ford's portrayal was iconic, but newcomer Alden Ehrenreich won me over pretty quickly as the young Han Solo because he wasn't trying to do a Ford impersonation nor was he trying to distance himself. He kinda is what he is, and though he doesn't carry the same gravitas as his older counterpart he never really gives you a reason to not like him. As a matter of fact, that sentiment can sum up this movie quite nicely.

    The Good:
    • Unlike The Last Jedi which challenged fans of the series, this movie is fast and fun and just lets you sit back and enjoy it
    • Great world building, once again making the Star Wars universe feel like a big place with lots of stories going on in the background
    • Fantastic special effects and score
    • Lando. I love Billy Dee Williams but Donald Glover truly owned the role and stole every scene he was in
    • We get to see the Empire from their point of view in a muddy war on a backwater planet
    • For the first time in the Star Wars movies, the crime syndicates are explored heavily and are pivotal to the plot
    • Unexpected cameo out the end was great


    The Not-So Good:
    • Some wonky pacing issues, but nothing lingers long enough to annoy you
    • Uneven humor in some places. You could tell Ron Howard was brought in late to fix some things.
    • Most of the motivations of the characters are telegraphed, but this was never meant to be high drama
    • Weird "droid uprising" subplot. Didn't take anything away but didn't add much either.
    • The movie is basically a checklist of Solo's backstory being shown from lines from previous movies.


    I guess the best thing I can say that if they made a sequel with this cast I would see it no problem. But if they stop with just a solo Solo movie (ahem) then I'm happy with what I got and really surprised how much I liked it.

  7. The Following 4 Users High Fived MasterShake For This Post:


  8. #12966
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Adopted Bronco:
    Clown Shoes
    Posts
    43,736

    Default

    How many Star Wars movies have they made now?
    Quote Originally Posted by Day1BroncoFan View Post
    I'm happier than tom brady in a gay bar....

  9. #12967
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Adopted Bronco:
    Clown Shoes
    Posts
    43,736

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by slim View Post
    How many Star Wars movies have they made now?
    Too many.
    Quote Originally Posted by Day1BroncoFan View Post
    I'm happier than tom brady in a gay bar....

  10. The Following 2 Users High Fived slim For This Post:


  11. #12968
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    5280!
    Adopted Bronco:
    CSU Guy...Shaquil Barrett!
    Posts
    31,627

    Default

    Enjoyed Solo immensely! Loved the surprise at the end. I was pretty anti new guy going in, but the young man did pretty dang well! Loved the Ron Howard touches. Agree on Glover, he was really good and their chemistry was good and believable.

    Added bonus, watched my aunt Peggy go ape shit in the theater at the surprise appearance as that is her favorite sw character. She went nuts.
    “It’s called DEFWU, ‘Don’t ever f*** with us,'” Wolfe concluded of just what it is with this team. “We aren’t going to go looking for a fight, but if you want a fight, we’re gonna fight you.”

    I miss Nut...
    AGap - 09-18-2010 07:41 AM
    GEM, you have been a real dik lately.
    AGap - 11-28-2010 12:59 PM
    why don't you and Eric Decker get married or something. Peace out bitch (j/k)

  12. The Following 3 Users High Fived GEM For This Post:


  13. #12969
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    West Coast
    Adopted Bronco:
    Steve Atwater
    Posts
    4,119

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MasterShake View Post
    Solo: A Star Wars Story 8.5/10

    For a movie that received a lot of premature backlash for not needing to exist, it sure as hell tried to justify itself and has no business being as good as it was. Obviously Harrison Ford's portrayal was iconic, but newcomer Alden Ehrenreich won me over pretty quickly as the young Han Solo because he wasn't trying to do a Ford impersonation nor was he trying to distance himself. He kinda is what he is, and though he doesn't carry the same gravitas as his older counterpart he never really gives you a reason to not like him. As a matter of fact, that sentiment can sum up this movie quite nicely.

    The Good:
    • Unlike The Last Jedi which challenged fans of the series, this movie is fast and fun and just lets you sit back and enjoy it
    • Great world building, once again making the Star Wars universe feel like a big place with lots of stories going on in the background
    • Fantastic special effects and score
    • Lando. I love Billy Dee Williams but Donald Glover truly owned the role and stole every scene he was in
    • We get to see the Empire from their point of view in a muddy war on a backwater planet
    • For the first time in the Star Wars movies, the crime syndicates are explored heavily and are pivotal to the plot
    • Unexpected cameo out the end was great


    The Not-So Good:
    • Some wonky pacing issues, but nothing lingers long enough to annoy you
    • Uneven humor in some places. You could tell Ron Howard was brought in late to fix some things.
    • Most of the motivations of the characters are telegraphed, but this was never meant to be high drama
    • Weird "droid uprising" subplot. Didn't take anything away but didn't add much either.
    • The movie is basically a checklist of Solo's backstory being shown from lines from previous movies.


    I guess the best thing I can say that if they made a sequel with this cast I would see it no problem. But if they stop with just a solo Solo movie (ahem) then I'm happy with what I got and really surprised how much I liked it.
    Well said! Do you think they would go for 2nd Solo movie? Personally, I think they should go for 2nd because we want to see how did Lando ends up in Cloud City and Solo's debt situation with Jabba the Hutt.

  14. The Following User High Fived Magnificent Seven For This Post:


  15. #12970
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Denver
    Adopted Bronco:
    Hingle McCringleberry
    Posts
    12,481

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Magnificent Seven View Post
    Well said! Do you think they would go for 2nd Solo movie? Personally, I think they should go for 2nd because we want to see how did Lando ends up in Cloud City and Solo's debt situation with Jabba the Hutt.
    The actors signed on for three movies, but that doesn't mean much these days. I would see a sequel to this in a heartbeat. This movie felt like a classic space western like the original Star Wars and there is something to be said for a simple adventure flick when so many movies try to be edgy.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 2 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 2 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Last Game You Played and Rate it.
    By Thnikkaman in forum Video Games
    Replies: 294
    Last Post: 07-20-2010, 12:35 PM
  2. Rate My McNabb Sig!
    By BroncoWave in forum Graphics Gallery and Discussion
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 09-27-2007, 09:14 PM
  3. Rate my team Please!
    By BroncoBJ in forum Fantasy Sports
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 09-03-2007, 04:23 PM
  4. Could you rate these receivers I have?
    By omac in forum Fantasy Sports
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 09-02-2007, 12:12 PM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
status.broncosforums.com - BroncosForums status updates
Partner with the USA Today Sports Media Group