Page 1152 of 1171 FirstFirst ... 152 652 1052 1102 1142 1150 1151 1152 1153 1154 1162 ... LastLast
Results 17,266 to 17,280 of 17559

Thread: Last movie you saw - and rate it

Adopted Bronco:
    Dogfish

******* nerds.

Rebuked!

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon McMustache

Quote Originally Posted by Hawgdriver View Post
    Oo, I want to see this. Didn't even realize it was a thing.

I really enjoyed it as did my wife and 13 year old son. Some people say it’s a little long but I loved how the film starts with rapid cuts and montages of his early life and then slows down as he descends into his addiction and residency in Vegas to mirror his actual career. In a time when TV shows can tell long form stories so well, it’s nice to see a movie biopic that doesn’t let itself be cookie cutter. Baz Luhrmann uses cinema in a way that few do, and his extravagant style lends itself well to a man that is more of a myth at this point.

Austin Butler melts into his role as Elvis. I bet he gets some nods during award season.
    Last edited by MasterShake; 06-30-2022 at 09:50 PM.

3. The Following 2 Users High Fived MasterShake For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Quote Originally Posted by MasterShake View Post

I really enjoyed it as did my wife and 13 year old son. Some people say it’s a little long but I loved how the film starts with rapid cuts and montages of his early life and then slows down as he descends into his addiction and residency in Vegas to mirror his actual career. In a time when TV shows can tell long form stories so well, it’s nice to see a movie biopic that doesn’t let itself be cookie cutter. Baz Luhrmann uses cinema in a way that few do, and his extravagant style lends itself well to a man that is more of a myth at this point.

Austin Butler melts into his role as Elvis. I bet he gets some nods during award season.
    Got tix for 11:40am tomorrow at the Littleton Alamo with the missus! Stoked!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sting
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

Adopted Bronco:
    Dogfish

Elvis looks...kinda emo...

6. The Following User High Fived King87 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    only Von

Elvis was kinda emo. You would be too if you couldn't shit!

8. The Following User High Fived aberdien For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Dogfish

Damn. Sad poopy boi was only twisting his hips for dookie relief.

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Elvis - 9/10. I'd rate higher, but the final 20-30 minutes lost a bit of the intensity of the rest of the movie. It was still fantastic though. I stayed to the end of the credits. The music was A+. The acting and visuals and all of it...just...terrific cinema! The wife enjoyed it too.

I <3 Emo Elvis! That could have been me! If I had dark lashes like that, it would have been game over dammit!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sting
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

11. The Following 3 Users High Fived Hawgdriver For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon McMustache

Quote Originally Posted by Hawgdriver View Post
    Elvis - 9/10. I'd rate higher, but the final 20-30 minutes lost a bit of the intensity of the rest of the movie. It was still fantastic though. I stayed to the end of the credits. The music was A+. The acting and visuals and all of it...just...terrific cinema! The wife enjoyed it too.

I <3 Emo Elvis! That could have been me! If I had dark lashes like that, it would have been game over dammit!
    Glad you liked it! That movie was one of the rare ones that stuck in my head a few days after seeing it. Alamo? I bet the pre show was great!

Im currently working my way through RRR, the Bollywood mega movie on Netflix. It’s balls to the wall crazy so far I love it:

Last edited by MasterShake; 07-01-2022 at 10:39 PM.

13. The Following 3 Users High Fived MasterShake For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Terror on the Prairie 8/10
    Regardless of politics the Daily Wire is doing some really good things with movies. This is the 3rd DW movie I've watched and all 3 have been really good, intense edge of your seat thrillers that do a great job of portraying danger and suspense.

Terror on the Prairie is a very good western that has a lot of retro western ideas and motifs but with modern gore and Uber violence sprinkled in. The cinematography and limited dialogue and lack of music create and old school vibe that I really liked.

The best part of the film by far was Nick Searcy's portrayal of one of the best and most nuanced "bad guys" in a long time. On paper this is a man we should hate.

he plays an ex-rebel soldier who is tracking down some ex-union soldiers and scalping them. He uses the last man's wife and kid as bait to get to him. Yes, he is a bad guy doing very bad things but also he was wronged in the most unthinkable way, his young daughter was murdered by these Union soldiers who thought they were shooting him in his house but it turned out to be his family. So there is a part of you that understands and sympathizes with his anger and vengeful nature. It really is well thought out and played expertly by Searcy.

The one critique I have is unfortunate but I didn't love Gina Carano's performance. It was, to me the weakest of the acting performances. I don't like that I have to admit that because I do admire her. The character was well written and it's not that I hated her performance but it was noticably weaker than some of the others.

All in all a good movie with a good story that does a great job of amping up the intensity and suspense.

On a side note some people may complain about the terrible marksmanship of almost every character in the movie, there is a ton of missed shots at all ranges in this movie, but old west style weapons were no where near the precision instruments we have today so actually a lot of missed shots is pretty accurate to the times. Just something I like to point out.
    Let's Rid3!!!!

15. The Following 2 Users High Fived chazoe60 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Personally i dont think Carano is that great of an actress but as a person she is quite likeable.

Adopted Bronco:
    Dogfish

I'll have to check it out.

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Last Night in Soho- 10/10

Anya Taylor Joy is so goddamn easy on the eyes. McKenzie isnt bad either.

19. The Following User High Fived Northman For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Adopted Bronco:
    only Von

watched Jurassic World the other day and I enjoyed it, but mostly came away with a crush on the pilot chick

I am a mega Thor fan, loved the first one.

Love and Thunder is a steaming pile of shit. 2 out of 10.

23. The Following 2 Users High Fived Rick For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information