Page 1057 of 1171 FirstFirst ... 57 557 957 1007 1047 1055 1056 1057 1058 1059 1067 1107 1157 ... LastLast
Results 15,841 to 15,855 of 17560

Thread: Last movie you saw - and rate it

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon McMustache

Quote Originally Posted by Shazam! View Post
    Take it easy. And I didn't say it sucks.
    Lol. I need to add a /sarcasm to my posts I guess.

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Rewatching Tru Grit (2010)

The Coen brothers are the best filmmakers who ever lived IMHO. The Bear Man dentist scene is some of the greatest surreal oddness ever put on film. That character alone and his roughly 5 minutes of screen time make the price of admission well worth it.
    Let's Rid3!!!!

3. The Following User High Fived chazoe60 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    only Von

Quote Originally Posted by chazoe60 View Post
    Rewatching Tru Grit (2010)

The Coen brothers are the best filmmakers who ever lived IMHO. The Bear Man dentist scene is some of the greatest surreal oddness ever put on film. That character alone and his roughly 5 minutes of screen time make the price of admission well worth it.
    Top 3 movie of all time for me.

5. The Following User High Fived aberdien For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Quote Originally Posted by Shazam! View Post
    Don't bother.
    Why do you hate North?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sting
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

Quote Originally Posted by Hawgdriver View Post
    Snowpiercer - idk/10

About 1/2 thru. Wasn't engaged until the kindergarten class scene, that's when it got mad dystopian and grabbed me.
    I tried watching it a few years ago. Gave up after 30-40 minutes. It's the train movie, right?

So, should I give this another try, because there will be a payoff in the 2nd half of the movie?

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Quote Originally Posted by Tned View Post
    I tried watching it a few years ago. Gave up after 30-40 minutes. It's the train movie, right?

So, should I give this another try, because there will be a payoff in the 2nd half of the movie?
    Maybe? You'll never know unless you try.

I don't think the 2d half redeems the movie entirely, but it's the better half for sure.
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

Adopted Bronco:
    Steve Atwater

E.T. 9/10

I introduced E.T. movie to my niece. It was her first time and she cried at the end. She asked me... Uncle... did you cry when you were little kid? I said... Yes, I did. I was at the movie theater and it was 38 years ago. Then, she hugged me.

10. The Following 7 Users High Fived Magnificent Seven For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

The Green Room, A24 on Netflix, 8/10

Tight, dark, and dark. A bit meaningless, in the Cormac McCarthy way. I liked it a bunch.

12. The Following User High Fived Hawgdriver For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

The Blackcoat's Daughter (A24 on Netflix), 7/10 but maybe 5/10

I'm rewatching because I'm just not sure. I didn't pay close enough attention. I'm watching it again now.

Music and camera work is on point--the atmosphere is there, but plot/ideas, well I'm not sure they really work. But it's told weirdly with different timelines so it is hard to be sure what's going on.

I like puzzle movies like this (Donnie Darko is the best one ever), but damn if this one doesn't demand close attention.

There's also there pretty good chance it's just a pretty disaster.

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

My brother recommended "Green Book" last night. It was on Showtime after we got home, and caught only 20 minutes or so, but definitely need to watch it. Looks like a potential 10/10.

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Just watched JoJo Rabbit. 10/10. Holy shit is that movie great. I have to rethink all my lists now. That film is better than Parasite. ScarJo's character is so ******* good. Just watch it.

As a bonus this movie made my wife utter the words "oh my God I love Hitler" and for that reason alone I will forever be indebted to it. When my wife said that I belly laughed harder than I have in quite some time.
    Let's Rid3!!!!

16. The Following 2 Users High Fived chazoe60 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Just watched JoJo Rabbit. 10/10. Holy shit is that movie great. I have to rethink all my lists now. That film is better than Parasite. ScarJo's character is so ******* good. Just watch it.

As a bonus this movie made my wife utter the words "oh my God I love Hitler" and for that reason alone I will forever be indebted to it. When my wife said that I belly laughed harder than I have in quite some time.
    Fine.

Better than Parasite?

You see it in theater or on rental type thing?

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Fine.

Better than Parasite?

You see it in theater or on rental type thing?
    At home. I just really enjoyed it. Parasite might be a technically better film but man, this movie was just great to watch. I loved it.
    Let's Rid3!!!!

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

At home. I just really enjoyed it. Parasite might be a technically better film but man, this movie was just great to watch. I loved it.
    Like you said, the camera work in Parasite was stunning--like going to a fine arts museum but in the background.

Blackcoat's daughter was kind of the same, so was Midsommar--fwiw.

I'm going to check Jojo out. I bet I love it, our taste in movies is so similar.

20. The Following User High Fived Hawgdriver For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Like you said, the camera work in Parasite was stunning--like going to a fine arts museum but in the background.

Blackcoat's daughter was kind of the same, so was Midsommar--fwiw.

I'm going to check Jojo out. I bet I love it, our taste in movies is so similar.
    Have you watched Valhalla Rising yet?
    Let's Rid3!!!!

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information