Page 953 of 1171 FirstFirst ... 453 853 903 943 951 952 953 954 955 963 1003 1053 ... LastLast
Results 14,281 to 14,295 of 17560

Thread: Last movie you saw - and rate it

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by aberdien View Post
    The Dark Knight is a baller movie and I love it. But it is too flawed to be a Best Picture Oscar winner. TDKR is even more flawed.
    I'm not saying they did deserve best picture, just that they're both more deserving of consideration than the three you guys mentioned.

Adopted Bronco:
    Malik Jackson

Aquaman...so damn close to being epic. If Amber Herd could act to the level of her hotness, perhaps it would have been. And why do Marvel movies do so much better with levity than DC seems to? Too campy at times. Overall a fun watch. What could have been...

3. The Following User High Fived SmilinAssasSin27 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    I can see the argument for Dark Knight, but not Rises.

But, Black Panther shouldn't be punished because the Academy failed 10 years ago. Ledger did win an Oscar for it, fwiw.
    It was a pity award because he died.

5. The Following User High Fived BroncoJoe For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoJoe View Post
    It was a pity award because he died.
    I did not remember he died that soon after the movie. He was still fantastic in it.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

7. The Following User High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    only Von

So Black Panther was pretty great until the last third when CGI fatigue set in and the climax didn't live up to the great characterization of the first 2/3.

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    I did not remember he died that soon after the movie. He was still fantastic in it.
    I think he actually died during filming of the movie.

So Black Panther was pretty great until the last third when CGI fatigue set in and the climax didn't live up to the great characterization of the first 2/3.
    This is how your life’s played out but we still lie and act like you’re special.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

11. The Following 3 Users High Fived Poet For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    only Von

Quote Originally Posted by King87 View Post
    This is how your life’s played out but we still lie and act like you’re special.
    Superhero movies don't have to be 2.5 hours long with subpar endings.

Adopted Bronco:
    Steve Atwater

Superhero movies don't have to be 2.5 hours long with subpar endings.
    I hope Star Wars IX will run 2.5 to 3 hours because it will be final episode for good. Luke Skywalker is still our superhero.

Adopted Bronco:
    only Von

First Reformed on Amazon Prime. Here is the synopsis:

"The pastor of a small church in upstate New York spirals out of control after a soul-shaking encounter with an unstable environmental activist and his pregnant wife."

This is slow moving and introspective. Deals with a lot of heavy themes regarding spirituality, faith, and the self. It's one of those movies that builds slowly and pays off with the tension in the last 30 minutes and then the ending makes you go "what the **** just happened." It's one of those movies. If a heavy philosophical/religious/political drama of a preacher's descent into madness with a wtf ending sounds appealing to you, then you just might like it. I tend to like those kinds of movies and think they make film exciting and thought-provoking.

Ethan Hawke does a great job. Should be an Oscar nominee. Amanda Seyfried is hawt. Worth a watch. Excuse me while I google theories about the ending.
    Last edited by aberdien; 02-19-2019 at 11:02 PM.

15. The Following 2 Users High Fived aberdien For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    only Von

"The pastor of a small church in upstate New York spirals out of control after a soul-shaking encounter with an unstable environmental activist and his pregnant wife."

This is slow moving and introspective. Deals with a lot of heavy themes regarding religion and extremism of different sorts. It's one of those movies that builds slowly and pays off with the tension in the last 30 minutes and then the ending makes you go "what the **** just happened." It's one of those movies. If a heavy philosophical/religious/political drama of a preacher's descent into madness with a wtf ending sounds appealing to you, then you just might like it. I tend to like those kinds of movies and think they make film exciting and thought-provoking.

Ethan Hawke does a great job. Should be an Oscar nominee. Amanda Seyfried is hawt. Worth a watch. Excuse me while I google theories about the ending.
    If anybody (NTL and Shake) watch this, here is something valuable and laden with spoilers for you to read afterwards:

https://www.vulture.com/2018/06/lets...-reformed.html

"Few modern films take spirituality as seriously or as thoughtfully as First Reformed does, and even fewer strive to accomplish one of the great purposes of art: to express the inexpressible, to shine a light where it would otherwise be dark."

17. The Following User High Fived aberdien For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Quote Originally Posted by SmilinAssasSin27 View Post
    Aquaman...so damn close to being epic. If Amber Herd could act to the level of her hotness, perhaps it would have been. And why do Marvel movies do so much better with levity than DC seems to? Too campy at times. Overall a fun watch. What could have been...
    I liked Aquaman the best of the DC bunch (Not including the Nolan films which were epic) but i agree they totally missed the boat that Marvel perfected.

19. The Following User High Fived Northman For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Quote Originally Posted by chazoe60 View Post
    The Dark Knight is leaps and bounds better than any of these movies. So is the Dark Knight Rises for that matter.
    I do love TDK a lot and Ledger was godly as the Joker but Black Panther was pretty awesome none the less.

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

I should clarify that I don't think any superhero movie is particularly worthy of a Best Picture win. The significance of Black Panther is great, but that in itself does not make it a deserving winner for Best Picture - insofar as winning an Academy Award is significant anyway.
    If you are talking about Black Panther wining for having a black cast i would agree, thats incredibly insulting if that is their reasoning.

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

This is slow moving and introspective. Deals with a lot of heavy themes regarding spirituality, faith, and the self. It's one of those movies that builds slowly and pays off with the tension in the last 30 minutes and then the ending makes you go "what the **** just happened." It's one of those movies. If a heavy philosophical/religious/political drama of a preacher's descent into madness with a wtf ending sounds appealing to you, then you just might like it. I tend to like those kinds of movies and think they make film exciting and thought-provoking.

So in other words boring as ****. Lol

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information