Page 841 of 1170 FirstFirst ... 341 741 791 831 839 840 841 842 843 851 891 941 ... LastLast
Results 12,601 to 12,615 of 17550

Thread: Last movie you saw - and rate it

Quote Originally Posted by AGap View Post
    I am not a good critic of movies or really anything for the matter.
    what is your favorite movie, gap?

Quote Originally Posted by Timmy! View Post
    Effing school zones suck. It's only a matter of time before I get nailed in one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Valar Morghulis View Post
    I take the fat out of the pan once no longer hot, smear it all over my genitals, then enter consenting people with my tumescent member.

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Glad you asked Weaz. My favorite movie is...

Hm.

Don't know man. None of them really speak to me or if they do it's not loud enough for you to hear it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sting
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Cloverfield Paradox. Meh. 6.5/10. I think Goodfellas is on Netflix, thinking about cutting off The Conjuring (1) to watch it. Nothing against The Conjuring, just not feeling it right now.
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

4. The Following User High Fived Hawgdriver For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by Hawgdriver View Post
    Cloverfield Paradox. Meh. I think Goodfellas is on Netflix, thinking about cutting off The Conjuring (1) to watch it. Nothing against The Conjuring, just not feeling it right now.
    The Conjuring and its sequels are fairly decent horror, IMO.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

6. The Following 2 Users High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    The Conjuring and its sequels are fairly decent horror, IMO.
    Absolutely.

I'm a bit distracted so I can't get into 1. But I can tell it's legit. #2 I saw in the theater and I was impressed.

Cloverfield Paradox made me think...it began with a premise that is close to my heart, but it's so terribly difficult to imagine. Just in general, to imagine things.

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by Hawgdriver View Post
    Absolutely.

I'm a bit distracted so I can't get into 1. But I can tell it's legit. #2 I saw in the theater and I was impressed.

Cloverfield Paradox made me think...it began with a premise that is close to my heart, but it's so terribly difficult to imagine. Just in general, to imagine things.
    I heard it was cult bad.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    I heard it was cult bad.
    Worse. Cult you have disjointed and unapologetic. It was just disjointed and constantly apologizing.

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Damn Goodfellas is a movie.

There was a lot I missed. I really like this movie on its terms.

11. The Following 5 Users High Fived Hawgdriver For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Rey

Black panther, 7.5/10 but as far as comic book movies go 10/10

It was awesome, funny as hell with great action scenes...... And...... The winter soldier (i will say no more)

(in the correct thread this time!!)

Coco - 6/10

It was ok, kind of predictable, not as funny as some pixar movies but watchable

13. The Following 2 Users High Fived Valar Morghulis For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Black panther, 7.5/10 but as far as comic book movies go 10/10
    Im dying to see this but ive read a couple of reviews that is "overly" PC/Political. Is that true or did it still come across as a fun superhero movie? And its awesome that Winter Soldier makes an appearance.

15. The Following User High Fived Northman For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Rey

Quote Originally Posted by Northman View Post
    Im dying to see this but ive read a couple of reviews that is "overly" PC/Political. Is that true or did it still come across as a fun superhero movie? And its awesome that Winter Soldier makes an appearance.
    I don't think it is at all PC i thought it was great fun, the sister for example was hilarious and so martin freeman, the general in the black panther's personal guard is also a great character - and i think it is only overtly political for those who don't like the premise that a black nation can be a power.

All super hero movies have some kind of moral code - this is no different, it just focuses on oppression as the moral code and a black nation has a potential answer

17. The Following 3 Users High Fived Valar Morghulis For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon McMustache

I don't think it is at all PC i thought it was great fun, the sister for example was hilarious and so martin freeman, the general in the black panther's personal guard is also a great character - and i think it is only overtly political for those who don't like the premise that a black nation can be a power.

All super hero movies have some kind of moral code - this is no different, it just focuses on oppression as the moral code and a black nation has a potential answer
    Yeah good summary of the "politics" of the movie. I saw it last night as well.

Black Panther 8/10

As you pointed out, it's hard not to get political with a film like this and if your defenses are up going in you might be waiting for a hit over the head that never really comes. The movie deals with social issues and those of Black Panther being the king of a sovereign nation (letting in refugees, when to help out other nations, etc.) but this movie is a very positive message about being a proud, powerful people but also knowing when it is time to build bridges to others and use what you have for good. This message is overtly positive and very true to form to most Super Hero stories. If you have an issue with the politics of the movie, it's probably a bit of confirmation bias and if you look for it you will probably find it but I didn't see anything overt.

Anyway the movie itself was very good and probably the best Marvel offering since Civil War in my opinion. As a matter of fact, tonally I would say this is closer to Civil War and Captain America: The Winter Soldier. Not sure I would say it was "funny as hell" but it did have some appropriate moments of subtle humor, whereas the latest Thor movie was more like a comedy. I liked the serious approach this movie took and it was a mix of genres throughout. The beginning felt like a spy movie, then it transitioned into a sci-fi spectacle, and the whole thing was grounded by a really cool Afro-Futurism aesthetic that is unlike anything I've seen before. I loved the mix of ancient and high tech, and the soundtrack was incredible.

Also Marvel finally has a really good villain played by the wonderful Michael B. Jordan. His story arc is better than that of the titular character of the film, and makes him a very sympathetic "bad" guy. By far my favorite part of the movie.

My issues with the film are that it is a little too long and despite the trailers, the action is pretty limited. The fight scenes range from well choreographed martial arts to CGI heavy cartoon-like violence. Like most of today's bloated 2+ hour comic book flicks, it could use some addition by subtraction. Overall this a great addition to the Marvel Universe and a good film in its own right.

19. The Following User High Fived MasterShake For This Post:

By your description, it sounds like a nine out out of ten.

And I preface this with the notion that I am NOT trying to be argumentative (I swears it!) but the longer movies that go on a bit too long end up not having that problem later on when you're watching it at home.

I guess I'll get my fatass out of my apartment and check it out in the next few weeks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon McMustache

Quote Originally Posted by Von Kinger View Post
    By your description, it sounds like a nine out out of ten.

And I preface this with the notion that I am NOT trying to be argumentative (I swears it!) but the longer movies that go on a bit too long end up not having that problem later on when you're watching it at home.

I guess I'll get my fatass out of my apartment and check it out in the next few weeks.
    Nah, sometimes longer movies work. Blade Runner 2049 could not be a minute shorter, I loved all 3 hours of it. I'd have a hard time sitting through Black Panther again any time soon without just wanting to get to certain scenes, hence the 8/10. That is still a very good score if you consider a 5/10 is just average.

Adopted Bronco:
    Richard Simmons

The Place Between the Pines

7/10

Great premise. Movie was a bit too long. Gosling isn’t just a show pony. I like him because our bodies are similar.

23. The Following 4 Users High Fived BeefStew25 For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information