Page 1024 of 1171 FirstFirst ... 24 524 924 974 1014 1022 1023 1024 1025 1026 1034 1074 1124 ... LastLast
Results 15,346 to 15,360 of 17560

Thread: Last movie you saw - and rate it

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon McMustache

Quote Originally Posted by Northman View Post
    May have to check it out
    It’s the only movie I saw in the theater that surpassed Joker for me.

2. The Following User High Fived MasterShake For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Rey

Rock Star 5/10

Terrible predictable cliche

Adopted Bronco:
    Rey

American ultra 7/10

Good fun

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Quote Originally Posted by Valar Morghulis View Post
    Rock Star 5/10

Terrible predictable cliche
    Blasphemy

6. The Following User High Fived Northman For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Once Upon a Time in Hollywood- 8/10

Not sure what it is about Tarantino that has kind of let me down since Pulp Fiction as i really cant put my finger on it. Its not that any of his past movies are bad they just dont seem to have the same effectiveness that i like from Pulp Fiction. Maybe my expectations are to high i dont know but one thing that i can definitely count on from Tarantino is that he gets the absolute most out of his actor/actresses in his movies. Both Pitt and DiCaprio shine in this as well as Margot Robbie as Sharon Tate.

The plot centers around actor Rick Dalton (DiCaprio) and his long time friend and stunt man Cliff Booth (Pitt) as they navigate their way in life following the departure of a long running tv series that starred Dalton. While Dalton lives a luxurious lifestyle Booth on the other hand lives in a trailer outside of a drive in theater. But he seems to have no qualms about it as he has a trusty pit bull named Brandy to keep him company. Also in the midst of this is Dalton's new neighbors, actress Sharon Tate and her husband Roman (i rape 15 year old girls) Polanski (yes i threw in the rape part). As Dalton's career seems to be hitting the skids as he dives into drinking and smoking excessively Booth remains by his side as his driver and odd job maintenance man.

At some point as Dalton continues to take roles to try and break out of his slump Booth drives around and keeps catching the eye of a female drifter hitchhiking. Eventually he picks her up and takes her back to what is called Spahn Ranch a place that Booth is very familiar with. When he gets there he notices that the girl is living at the ranch with a lot of other hippies which have made the place basically a hippie commune ran by none other Charlie Manson. Despite having an altercation and not liking what he is seeing Booth manages to get out unscathed by the sequence of events while there.

For most of the movie it just kind of lulls along with the storyline but within the last 20 minutes is where Tarantino really shines in his flicks because he always likes to throw random things at you that you are not expecting. The finality of this flick is my favorite part not only because of the history of the events that take place on that night but how it is executed. As much as i would like to expand on the ending i really dont want to ruin it for anyone else who has not seen it, but ill just say i prefer Tarantino's viewpoint of the ending.

8. The Following 3 Users High Fived Northman For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Not sure what it is about Tarantino that has kind of let me down since Pulp Fiction as i really cant put my finger on it. Its not that any of his past movies are bad they just dont seem to have the same effectiveness that i like from Pulp Fiction. Maybe my expectations are to high i dont know but one thing that i can definitely count on from Tarantino is that he gets the absolute most out of his actor/actresses in his movies. Both Pitt and DiCaprio shine in this as well as Margot Robbie as Sharon Tate.

The plot centers around actor Rick Dalton (DiCaprio) and his long time friend and stunt man Cliff Booth (Pitt) as they navigate their way in life following the departure of a long running tv series that starred Dalton. While Dalton lives a luxurious lifestyle Booth on the other hand lives in a trailer outside of a drive in theater. But he seems to have no qualms about it as he has a trusty pit bull named Brandy to keep him company. Also in the midst of this is Dalton's new neighbors, actress Sharon Tate and her husband Roman (i rape 15 year old girls) Polanski (yes i threw in the rape part). As Dalton's career seems to be hitting the skids as he dives into drinking and smoking excessively Booth remains by his side as his driver and odd job maintenance man.

At some point as Dalton continues to take roles to try and break out of his slump Booth drives around and keeps catching the eye of a female drifter hitchhiking. Eventually he picks her up and takes her back to what is called Spahn Ranch a place that Booth is very familiar with. When he gets there he notices that the girl is living at the ranch with a lot of other hippies which have made the place basically a hippie commune ran by none other Charlie Manson. Despite having an altercation and not liking what he is seeing Booth manages to get out unscathed by the sequence of events while there.

For most of the movie it just kind of lulls along with the storyline but within the last 20 minutes is where Tarantino really shines in his flicks because he always likes to throw random things at you that you are not expecting. The finality of this flick is my favorite part not only because of the history of the events that take place on that night but how it is executed. As much as i would like to expand on the ending i really dont want to ruin it for anyone else who has not seen it, but ill just say i prefer Tarantino's viewpoint of the ending.
    Yeah making Pulp Fiction that early in his career is like a 2nd or 3rd year QB winning the SB, he sort of set him self up to disappoint from that point on.

10. The Following 3 Users High Fived chazoe60 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon McMustache

The first time he kind of lost me was Jackie Brown, and many people consider that a top 3 QT movie for them. I think he has peaks since then (Kill Bill Vol.1 and Inglorious Basterds) and valleys (The Hateful Eight) but he is always interesting at least.

As far as the lulls in the story you refer to, I agree but I also loved how the movie meandered and took its time setting up that time period. Plus it makes that crazy ass ending THAT much better because of the contrast of the rest of the movie and how he calls back a seemingly throwaway scene from earlier from the shed... I really want one of those cigarettes Cliff had so I can go back in time and wake around the Hollywood hills on a warm 1960's night.

12. The Following User High Fived MasterShake For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    only Von

Jackie Brown is great! Hateful Eight has gotten better in my head and I need to watch it again.

He’s always had a problem with movies that are too long. There’s almost always parts that are kind of boring and unnecessary. The only 2 that don’t have those parts for me are Inglorious Basterds and Jackie Brown. Reservoir Dogs too, but that’s because it’s so short. On one hand, he needs a better editor. On the other hand, if he had a better editor, we might miss out on all of the quirky things that make Tarantino movies Tarantino movies. I accept his style as one that is unique and full of homages and fun, even if there are moments in his movies that are unnecessary or a bit boring. When you make 3 hour long movies it’s bound to happen.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Is the Irishman seriously 3 and a half hours long? I don't care if that's the greatest piece of cinema ever made, that's way too ****ing long to sit down and watch a movie.

15. The Following User High Fived BroncoWave For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Sammy Winder

I love all of Tarantino's stuff.
    The opening 20 minutes of Inglorious Basterds is a clinic in great filmmaking.
    Reservoir Dogs will always be my favorite but I watch them all regularly.

17. The Following User High Fived EastCoastBronco For This Post:

Knives Out- 9/10

Basically a who dun it murder mystery with an allstar cast.

The story revolves around a fiction writer named Harlan Thrombey (Christopher Plummer) whose family consist of 3 major players, daughter Linda (Jamie Lee Curtis), her husband Morris (Don Johnson) and their son Ransom (Chris Evans). Son Walt (Michael Shannon) his wife and young son, daughter-in-law Joni (Toni Collette) and her daughter Meg (Katherine Langford). At the center of this is Harlan's nanny and caretaker Marta who is treated like family despite the fact her mother is an illegal immigrant.

On the night of Harlan's birthday the family gathers to celebrate only to discover the next day that Harlan had committed suicide. As the police investigate an anonymous individual has hired private detective Benoit Blanc (Daniel Craig) as someone believes that Harlan was actually murdered. As the story unfolds we begin to find out that the 3 mains have some secret baggage that they do not want the authorities to know about as well as some misinformation by the caretaker Marta. Furthermore to compound things the 3 mains and their families have been taken out of Harlan's will which adds to the tension. There are a lot of twist and turns in this with some well placed humor which i enjoyed a lot as the movie is very well made and the acting is top notch for all involved. Definitely recommended.
    I've heard good things on this. oh, and sorry for making fun of you the other day, I was just kidding and hope we can still be friends

19. The Following User High Fived BroncoNut For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Quote Originally Posted by aberdien View Post
    Jackie Brown is great! Hateful Eight has gotten better in my head and I need to watch it again.

He’s always had a problem with movies that are too long. There’s almost always parts that are kind of boring and unnecessary. The only 2 that don’t have those parts for me are Inglorious Basterds and Jackie Brown. Reservoir Dogs too, but that’s because it’s so short. On one hand, he needs a better editor. On the other hand, if he had a better editor, we might miss out on all of the quirky things that make Tarantino movies Tarantino movies. I accept his style as one that is unique and full of homages and fun, even if there are moments in his movies that are unnecessary or a bit boring. When you make 3 hour long movies it’s bound to happen.

With his movies this is how it basically breaks down for me,

Movies i really like:

Pulp Fiction
    Reservoir Dogs
    Jackie Brown
    Kill Bill 1 & 2
    Django Unchained
    Death Proof

Movies that are ok;

The Hateful Eight
    Inglorious Basterds
    Once Upon a Time in Hollywood

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Quote Originally Posted by aberdien View Post

Another thing that you pointed out is the unnecessary stuff. I felt like a lot of Tate's storyline was not needed and just in there for filler. The most interesting character ended up being Booth but i figure that Tarantino used the other storylines to create his nostalgia visuals which was quite effective. But i kept hoping for the movie get to the point about an hour or so in but it just kept dragging in my opinion.

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoWave View Post
    Is the Irishman seriously 3 and a half hours long? I don't care if that's the greatest piece of cinema ever made, that's way too ****ing long to sit down and watch a movie.
    Way to long but so was Once Upon a Time as well. I think there is fleshing out characters and then there is just wasting too much time on pointless stuff for some of these directors.

Adopted Bronco:
    only Von

With his movies this is how it basically breaks down for me,

Movies i really like:

Pulp Fiction
    Reservoir Dogs
    Jackie Brown
    Kill Bill 1 & 2
    Django Unchained
    Death Proof

Movies that are ok;

The Hateful Eight
    Inglorious Basterds
    Once Upon a Time in Hollywood
    How dare you put IB in the bottom tier!

Basically perfect:

Inglorious Basterds
    Jackie Brown

Really damn good:

Reservoir Dogs

Really awesome but flawed but still awesome enough:

Pulp Fiction
    Django Unchained

Flawed but still awesome and fun

Kill Bills
    Hateful Eight
    Haven’t seen Once Upon a Time in Hollywood yet

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information