Page 823 of 823 FirstFirst ... 323 723 773 813 821 822 823
Results 12,331 to 12,334 of 12334

Thread: Last movie you saw - and rate it

Tried to watch the new 'Planet of the Apes' last night, but I got bored with it.

Interesting.... watching 'Battleship' on the Telemundo channel. LoL
    why you so serious!

2. The Following User High Fived Nomad For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    The Puzzlers

It 6/10

The movie is fine. I am too influenced by the book and my own vision of what It is. It's not a kinetic wiggly monster that

is essentially beaten to death via acts of physical violence

It is many of the things in the movie, the effort was kinda there, but none of the manifestations worked that well except for

the end where Bev looks into the clown's mouth down the throaty hall of teeth into an abyss of sorts. The weird portrait lady was so-so.

Probably will appeal to those looking for a Stranger Things type fix that aren't really purists about Lovecraftian horror and the essence of what makes It a worthwhile story. That essential quality I could describe but it would require many more words that I hesitate to commit to typing on account of lack of interest and difficulty in finding accurate expression.

For me It was hollow and weak. I had my hopes up that it would be the real thing but It wasn't.
    The sharp edge of a razor is difficult to pass over; thus the wise say the path to Salvation is hard.

4. The Following 2 Users High Fived Hawgdriver For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Meck

Wonder Woman 8/10.

I enjoyed this flick more than most of the Marvel/DC stuff. Nothing to do with empowerment, I just liked the characters. The story didn't feel too plodding and the visual effects, especially near the end were fantastic! Gal Godot was a convincing Wonder Woman and being insanely beautiful did not hurt. Chris Pine carried the love interest very well and was a fairly well thought out character in his own right.

Nothing groundbreaking, just a solid super-hero origin story jaunt.

I know this isn't a "new" movie, but I only get to see those via netflix these days.

6. The Following User High Fived wayninja For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Hawgdriver View Post
    It 6/10

The movie is fine. I am too influenced by the book and my own vision of what It is. It's not a kinetic wiggly monster that

is essentially beaten to death via acts of physical violence

It is many of the things in the movie, the effort was kinda there, but none of the manifestations worked that well except for

the end where Bev looks into the clown's mouth down the throaty hall of teeth into an abyss of sorts. The weird portrait lady was so-so.

Probably will appeal to those looking for a Stranger Things type fix that aren't really purists about Lovecraftian horror and the essence of what makes It a worthwhile story. That essential quality I could describe but it would require many more words that I hesitate to commit to typing on account of lack of interest and difficulty in finding accurate expression.

For me It was hollow and weak. I had my hopes up that it would be the real thing but It wasn't.
    Very fair score in my opinion.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information