Page 699 of 1171 FirstFirst ... 199 599 649 689 697 698 699 700 701 709 749 799 ... LastLast
Results 10,471 to 10,485 of 17560

Thread: Last movie you saw - and rate it

Quote Originally Posted by chazoe60 View Post
    What the ever loving ****? Are you telling me that they released a movie about Captain Mother****ing AMERICA in the queen loving UK before it released in AMERICA? Imma bout to dump some tea in the ******* harbor.
    Uhhh....most movies premiere there a couple days before here.....same when they come out blue ray/DVD.
    Quote Originally Posted by King87 View Post
    All must hail NostraTimmy!
    Nostratimmy was right again. All hail nostratimmy.
    Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    I’m the hobbit.

Adopted Bronco:
    Rey

Probably Obama's fault

3. The Following User High Fived Valar Morghulis For This Post:

What the ever loving ****? Are you telling me that they released a movie about Captain Mother****ing AMERICA in the queen loving UK before it released in AMERICA? Imma bout to dump some tea in the ******* harbor.
    Epic post is epic.

5. The Following User High Fived Al Wilson 4 Mayor For This Post:

most movies are released there sooner. They actually do it alot when they dont know how well the movie will do, like Samual L Jacksons last movie... which made $12 in the theaters there. That is not a typo... it made twelve dollars! LMFAO

Quote Originally Posted by Timmy! View Post
    Effing school zones suck. It's only a matter of time before I get nailed in one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Valar Morghulis View Post
    I take the fat out of the pan once no longer hot, smear it all over my genitals, then enter consenting people with my tumescent member.

7. The Following User High Fived weazel For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon McMustache

Quote Originally Posted by weazel View Post
    most movies are released there sooner. They actually do it alot when they dont know how well the movie will do, like Samual L Jacksons last movie... which made $12 in the theaters there. That is not a typo... it made twelve dollars! LMFAO
    Not only that, but the international market accounts for much more of the global movie grosses than it used to as places like China and other are moving towards more people that can actually afford to see movies. Hollywood even goes so far to include international stars in their big movies American audiences have no clue about in order to get kickbacks from filming overseas. Does anyone know who Claudia Kim is? Well me either. This actress is actually pretty famous in her native Sourh Korea. She was given a role in Avengers: Age of Ultron as a doctor as part of an agreement with the Seoul Tourism Board. Entire scenes of movies are even released in foreign markets to cater to individual countries. There are some examples here: http://mentalfloss.com/article/67638...onal-audiences

9. The Following 2 Users High Fived MasterShake For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon McMustache

Captain America: Civil War 8/10

After an international incident leading to civilian casualties caused by the actions of the Avengers (minus Iron Man, Hulk, Hawkeye, and Thor), the United Nations plans on passing the Sokovia Accords which are named after the incident in the country featured at the end of Age of Ultron. This accord would make the Avengers an international peace keeping force that can only act when called upon. This leads Tony Stark (in semi-retirement here) wanting to sign the accord as a result of guilt and PTSD from his time with the Avengers, while Steve Rogers (Captain America) wants to keep the group autonomous. This fractures the two sides as various members side with either Stark or Rogers. Meanwhile, a threat in the shadows begins to play the sides against each other which leads to a CIVIL WAR!

Seeing as how this comes fresh off the heels of Batman v Superman, its hard not to draw comparisons. Both movies feature dense storylines that work proportionally to how invested you are in the characters, but this Marvel movie is decidedly more fun. The thing I find odd is that it has exactly the same issues as Batman v Superman but people seem more forgiving of this film so far. Here is my breakdown:

Pros:

-The story, like Batman v Superman, finally puts all the collateral damage these heroes do into question. I think it's a neat angle.

-The action scenes are immaculately shot. The banter and humor breaks up the tension and the fights are fluid and kinetic.

-The. Airport. Scene. Enough said. One of my favorite action/fight scenes of any comic movie ever. It actually makes the ending seem lackluster by comparison.

-The introduction of Spider-Man into the Marvel cinematic Universe. More than an extended cameo and they really do the character justice. You didn't know you wanted this version of the character until you see him on screen.

Cons:

-The amount of story needed to be told here throws the pacing off. There are so many starts and stops its like waiting in line at an amusement park, but when you get to ride it's worth it.

-There is something to be said when Marvel's best "villains" are when the good guys turn on each other. I couldn't even tell you the name of the main bad guy here.

-You can start to see some of the cracks in Marvel's juggling act here. The weight of the universe they have crafted and the amount of characters they are trying to put into these films is exhausting to the viewer. It's still very impressive, but if these movies get more dense from a casting standpoint they might collapse under their own weight.

Bottom Line: How much you enjoy this movie as I said above will be proportional to how much you have invested in the characters. The parts that drag suck, but when this movie hits on all cylinders it soars.

11. The Following User High Fived MasterShake For This Post:

I actually watched this a long time ago but not many people have, and should. I Saw the Devil 9/10

It's a South Korean horror, drama where an agent tries to exact revenge on a serial killer. There are a ton of revenge movies out there but to me this one is the best. The violence is intense and it is definitely one of the goriest movies you will see, but the story is great and the acting is as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Timmy! View Post
    Effing school zones suck. It's only a matter of time before I get nailed in one.
    I take the fat out of the pan once no longer hot, smear it all over my genitals, then enter consenting people with my tumescent member.

13. The Following 2 Users High Fived weazel For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by weazel View Post
    I actually watched this a long time ago but not many people have, and should. I Saw the Devil 9/10

It's a South Korean horror, drama where an agent tries to exact revenge on a serial killer. There are a ton of revenge movies out there but to me this one is the best. The violence is intense and it is definitely one of the goriest movies you will see, but the story is great and the acting is as well.
    I love that movie.
    Let's Rid3!!!!

15. The Following User High Fived chazoe60 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Quote Originally Posted by MasterShake View Post
    The thing I find odd is that it has exactly the same issues as Batman v Superman but people seem more forgiving of this film so far. Here is my breakdown:
    I have yet to see it but my first guess would be the characters/actors are more liked compared to BVS. I think due to the fact that we've seen these characters already in various movies regarding the Avengers its much easier to latch on to them compared to guys like Affleck. Maybe that changes down the road with League of Justice, etc. but i think thats the main reason right now as to why it would be more accepted. I loved the first 2 CA movies so i have no doubt i will love Civil War as much so will probably end up rating it higher than you have.

17. The Following User High Fived Northman For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon McMustache

Quote Originally Posted by Northman View Post
    I have yet to see it but my first guess would be the characters/actors are more liked compared to BVS. I think due to the fact that we've seen these characters already in various movies regarding the Avengers its much easier to latch on to them compared to guys like Affleck. Maybe that changes down the road with League of Justice, etc. but i think thats the main reason right now as to why it would be more accepted. I loved the first 2 CA movies so i have no doubt i will love Civil War as much so will probably end up rating it higher than you have.
    Actually the Captain Movies are among my favorites of all comic book movies. I'd say this is better than Age of Ultron by a mile, and on par with Winter Soldier but better in most respects.

The issues I am referring to are not the characters, but the pacing of the story. Just like BvS this movie has A LOT to say in two and a half hours. It doesn't stutter as bad as BvS in the narrative department, but there were some stretches that I was legitimately kind of bored. Overall they knocked the movie out of the park though. When you start to break down how the bad guy pulled off his master plan, it gets a little shaky though. The real antagonist in this movie is Captain America which it should be. It felt more like an Avengers movie than anything though.

EDIT: This review puts my thoughts together of this film pretty well:

I went into Avengers: Age of Ultron terrified that Joss Whedon had been given way too many characters and storylines to handle; Civil War makes Age of Ultron look like a quaint two-character chamber piece. It's a miracle, honestly, that Christopher Markus and Stephen McFeely's script manages to do all this without anyone feeling shortchanged...

... and yet, when I walked out of the theater following the two epilogues, I found myself feeling a bit underwhelmed, as if Civil War had turned out to be less than the sum of its many, many, many, many impressive parts.
    Read more at http://www.hitfix.com/whats-alan-wat...By6oWm04j8w.99

It think you are a bit more of a Marvel fan than me. Let me know what you think after you see it!
    Last edited by MasterShake; 05-06-2016 at 02:59 PM.

19. The Following User High Fived MasterShake For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Rey

Yeah, the only down part for me was the way in which the baddie fortuitously got who he needed, where he needed, At the time he needed to make his heinous plan work.

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon McMustache

Yeah, the only down part for me was the way in which the baddie fortuitously got who he needed, where he needed, At the time he needed to make his heinous plan work.
    Yeah the more questions I asked the more confused I got. That bad guy had a hell of a long game or he was psychic!

22. The Following User High Fived MasterShake For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Rey

Sisters.

Loved it. 7/10 anchorman style humor

Concussion -

Well done, Will Smith should have an Oscar.
    I'm glad my son no longer plays football.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

The Jungle Book - 8/10

Quite possibly the best CGI I have ever seen in a movie. There were times you'd forget those weren't real animals on the screen. Easily one of the most visually impressive movies I have seen in a long time. The story was also pretty good itself, pretty much the same plot as the animated movie, but I haven't seen it in so long it still felt pretty new to me.

26. The Following 5 Users High Fived BroncoWave For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information