Page 824 of 1171 FirstFirst ... 324 724 774 814 822 823 824 825 826 834 874 924 ... LastLast
Results 12,346 to 12,360 of 17557

Thread: Last movie you saw - and rate it

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Quote Originally Posted by MasterShake View Post
    I think Blade Runner 2049 was a masterpiece but that movie bombed hard and I would never recommend it to anyone. I can just take these things as they come.
    That baffles me. That movie was sublime.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sting
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

2. The Following 3 Users High Fived Hawgdriver For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Quote Originally Posted by Hawgdriver View Post
    That essential quality I could describe but it would require many more words that I hesitate to commit to typing on account of lack of interest and difficulty in finding accurate expression.
    Upon reflection, I found adequate concise description of what I sought that the movie It lacked:

Cosmic dread.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sting
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Quote Originally Posted by Hawgdriver View Post
    That baffles me. That movie was sublime.
    Why do people say it bombed? Not according to RT as their scores are pretty high.

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon McMustache

Quote Originally Posted by Northman View Post
    Why do people say it bombed? Not according to RT as their scores are pretty high.
    Nothing to do with RT. When a movie "bombs" it means that it didn't work at the Box Office. It had a production budget of $150 million and has only grossed $89 million so far. Like the original, it found it's audience and will probably be a cult hit when it hits video but it lost the studio money. A 3 hour neo-noir science fiction thriller just wasn't a big hit with general audiences... go figure!

RT is an insight to a movie's subjective quality, but it's objective success is all based on Box Office numbers. Guess which one is more important to a studio? This is why we keep getting Transformers movies!

6. The Following 2 Users High Fived MasterShake For This Post:

People like you and North are the reason bad movies keep making money.

8. The Following User High Fived Slick For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon McMustache

Quote Originally Posted by Slick View Post
    HEY! I saw Blade Runner twice this year!

The studios still need the big tentpoles to help justify financing smaller films. FOX Searchlight and Sony Pictures Classics only exist because of their parent companies.

If you REALLY want to put your mouth where your money is, do what I do I support independent private studios like A24. They have done movies like Ex Machina, 20th Century Women, Lady Bird, and the soon to be released The Disaster Artist. I've paid or will be pay to see all those films in one form or another and though they aren't all great, they all try to be different and I never regret spending time watching them.

Plain and simple comic book movies and other tentpole movies are what keep studios afloat so they can make smaller movies, but if you want truly good films you just have to go to the art house cinema or find them when they come out digitally. I watch tons of those movies every month but never review them here because no one gives a crap and the studios know that.

The reason we have more movies like The Avengers is that they appeal to wide general audiences whereas more experimental films are too risky to bother funding. It was proven again this year with Blade Runner 2049 which was a calculated risk, but a risk nonetheless. That and people think they can just pirate everything with no consequences. When you lay down money for a movie you want safe because most people don't have the time or budget to do so on a regular basis.

10. The Following 3 Users High Fived MasterShake For This Post:

I just like giving you guys shit. ...and I'm jealous because I haven't been to the theater in a year and a half.

12. The Following 3 Users High Fived Slick For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon McMustache

I just like giving you guys shit. ...and I'm jealous because I haven't been to the theater in a year and a half.
    I know, I just like getting on my soapbox about movies. I am one of the few people I know that seeks out the theater experience. I see the big, dumb movies with friends or my son and I go at least twice a month to the smaller films and just watch them by myself. It's just not the same watching it at home to me.

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Oh no you didnt......

15. The Following 2 Users High Fived Northman For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Shaky, lets talk about that epic movie with Liam Neeson called Krull.

17. The Following 2 Users High Fived Northman For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Paul George

Nothing to do with RT. When a movie "bombs" it means that it didn't work at the Box Office. It had a production budget of $150 million and has only grossed $89 million so far. Like the original, it found it's audience and will probably be a cult hit when it hits video but it lost the studio money. A 3 hour neo-noir science fiction thriller just wasn't a big hit with general audiences... go figure!

RT is an insight to a movie's subjective quality, but it's objective success is all based on Box Office numbers. Guess which one is more important to a studio? This is why we keep getting Transformers movies!
    . .. and remakes of movies from the 70s/80s. . ..

19. The Following 2 Users High Fived NightTrainLayne For This Post:

Spider man homecoming

It was entertaining but to be honest I just couldn't get into it.

I liked this alot more than the originals but the Amazing Spider-Man was much better than this for me.

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Thor: Ragnarok- 9/10

The wife and i Absolutely loved this, certainly far more than Dark World. Also had my first experience in a theater with reclined seating (i will never go back to original seating again, lol). This film depicts where Thor and his brother Loki discover they have a long lost sister named Helena, the Goddess of Death. Things dont go so well when they first meet her as they are shifted to another world during a fight scene with Helena. Thus, Thor ends up on a planet run by the Grand Master portrayed by Jeff Goldbloom. The Grand Master runs a contest where each contender takes on his champion. Thor having been captured by a former Asgardian Valkyrie turned merc has been brought to the Grand Master as a new contender. Soon Thor (and Loki who was already on the planet through different means) discover that the champion happens to be none other than the Hulk/Banner. After doing battle with the Hulk and Loki almost shitting himself and making a quip about needing to get off the planet Thor tries to convince the Hulk that they need to get off the planet to save Asgard from Helena. Soon Thor and Hulk gather a team to go back and confront Helena as promised. The movie has a lot of great comedic moments and some great action, Missy even said that the storyline combined a bit of Ragnarok as well as portions of Planet Hulk which was cool to see. Definitely worth the price of admission for me and i was not disappointed at all. Great great movie.

22. The Following User High Fived Northman For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon McMustache

Quote Originally Posted by Northman View Post
    Thor: Ragnarok- 9/10

The wife and i Absolutely loved this, certainly far more than Dark World. Also had my first experience in a theater with reclined seating (i will never go back to original seating again, lol). This film depicts where Thor and his brother Loki discover they have a long lost sister named Helena, the Goddess of Death. Things dont go so well when they first meet her as they are shifted to another world during a fight scene with Helena. Thus, Thor ends up on a planet run by the Grand Master portrayed by Jeff Goldbloom. The Grand Master runs a contest where each contender takes on his champion. Thor having been captured by a former Asgardian Valkyrie turned merc has been brought to the Grand Master as a new contender. Soon Thor (and Loki who was already on the planet through different means) discover that the champion happens to be none other than the Hulk/Banner. After doing battle with the Hulk and Loki almost shitting himself and making a quip about needing to get off the planet Thor tries to convince the Hulk that they need to get off the planet to save Asgard from Helena. Soon Thor and Hulk gather a team to go back and confront Helena as promised. The movie has a lot of great comedic moments and some great action, Missy even said that the storyline combined a bit of Ragnarok as well as portions of Planet Hulk which was cool to see. Definitely worth the price of admission for me and i was not disappointed at all. Great great movie.
    Plus you get to hear Immigrant Song TWICE and both times were awesome!

24. The Following 2 Users High Fived MasterShake For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Plus you get to hear Immigrant Song TWICE and both times were awesome!
    Can never go wrong with Zeppelin.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information