Page 1023 of 1171 FirstFirst ... 23 523 923 973 1013 1021 1022 1023 1024 1025 1033 1073 1123 ... LastLast
Results 15,331 to 15,345 of 17560

Thread: Last movie you saw - and rate it

Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    Your performance in this thread is super subpar.
    Ron Rivera just got fired. I hope you get fired...upon by a firing squad.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

2. The Following 2 Users High Fived Poet For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Knives Out- 9/10

Basically a who dun it murder mystery with an allstar cast.

The story revolves around a fiction writer named Harlan Thrombey (Christopher Plummer) whose family consist of 3 major players, daughter Linda (Jamie Lee Curtis), her husband Morris (Don Johnson) and their son Ransom (Chris Evans). Son Walt (Michael Shannon) his wife and young son, daughter-in-law Joni (Toni Collette) and her daughter Meg (Katherine Langford). At the center of this is Harlan's nanny and caretaker Marta who is treated like family despite the fact her mother is an illegal immigrant.

On the night of Harlan's birthday the family gathers to celebrate only to discover the next day that Harlan had committed suicide. As the police investigate an anonymous individual has hired private detective Benoit Blanc (Daniel Craig) as someone believes that Harlan was actually murdered. As the story unfolds we begin to find out that the 3 mains have some secret baggage that they do not want the authorities to know about as well as some misinformation by the caretaker Marta. Furthermore to compound things the 3 mains and their families have been taken out of Harlan's will which adds to the tension. There are a lot of twist and turns in this with some well placed humor which i enjoyed a lot as the movie is very well made and the acting is top notch for all involved. Definitely recommended.
    Last edited by Northman; 12-03-2019 at 10:06 PM.

4. The Following 6 Users High Fived Northman For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Paul George

The Irishman - 9.0/10

Not quite perfect, but an excellent movie.

The first half of the movie, I did find myself questioning, "why didn't they just cast some younger guys?" outside of the obvious answer that DeNiro/Pacino/Pesci are tremendous. I mean. . .why go to all this trouble.

But, by the end of the movie, I feel I had my answer. The whole purpose of the movie is reflection on the life the main characters lived, and who better to act as an 80 year old than 80 year olds? I've seen plenty of productions where they try the inverse: age a young actor. It's unusual in my experience, for the young actor to really pull off the illusion of aging. It happens now and then, but I think on balance, this movie is better for having the old guys play the old guys, and de-age them for the memories. Yeah. . ..they don't play "young" all that well either, but the important part of the story is them at old age.

These guys are still tremendous actors, and it is a very well done production all around imo.

Joe Pesci should get an Oscar nod for this. He really knocked it out of the park.

6. The Following 5 Users High Fived NightTrainLayne For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon McMustache

Quote Originally Posted by NightTrainLayne View Post
    The Irishman - 9.0/10

Not quite perfect, but an excellent movie.

The first half of the movie, I did find myself questioning, "why didn't they just cast some younger guys?" outside of the obvious answer that DeNiro/Pacino/Pesci are tremendous. I mean. . .why go to all this trouble.

But, by the end of the movie, I feel I had my answer. The whole purpose of the movie is reflection on the life the main characters lived, and who better to act as an 80 year old than 80 year olds? I've seen plenty of productions where they try the inverse: age a young actor. It's unusual in my experience, for the young actor to really pull off the illusion of aging. It happens now and then, but I think on balance, this movie is better for having the old guys play the old guys, and de-age them for the memories. Yeah. . ..they don't play "young" all that well either, but the important part of the story is them at old age.

These guys are still tremendous actors, and it is a very well done production all around imo.

Joe Pesci should get an Oscar nod for this. He really knocked it out of the park.
    I'm going to finish watching this tonight but am really enjoying it so far. It feels like a capstone of the story Scorsese has been telling his whole life about crime families, regret, and why you never see more old men then women in nursing homes. Just violent, long (in the emotional sense) lives acting on impulse eating steak and beating up snitches while drinking hard liquor.

8. The Following 3 Users High Fived MasterShake For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Shazam! View Post
    LOTR>Star Wars

Different genres but both fantasy films.

There. I said it.
    I like Star Wars and look forward to them, but they aren't very good in a classic sense. They are corny, with typically weak story lines. I'm sucked in by the nostalgia and being generally entertaining, but agreed the LOTR series were better movies.

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Halfway through The Irishman right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Northman View Post
    Halfway through The Irishman right now.
    Missy will be back by the time the movie is over.
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Quote Originally Posted by King87 View Post
    Missy will be back by the time the movie is over.
    Lol im just realizing it is longer than expected. I still have like 45 minutes left.

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

The Irishman- 7/10

Having read comments the last few days from everyone on here i can kind of see both point of views about this flick.

I probably would have scored this movie higher except that i feel Scorcese has covered a lot of this material before so he isnt bringing anything new to the table here. Also, its 3 hours long and im not entirely sure it was needed in this particular case.

With that said the movie is fine, the acting is top notch but obviously with the actors involved its kind of expected here. DeNiro, Pacino, and Pesci all shine in this and i even thought Keitel did an excellent job in the smaller role he had. Romano was good but every time i see him i start thinking of him as the Wooly Mammoth from Ice Age. As to the age thing past and present that really didnt bother me all that much. In fact, not sure who brought it up but the fact they played themselves as younger versions kept their mannerisms intact and allowed the movie to flow easily back and forth from past to present.

Furthermore, it just shows how amazing CGI graphics have come in terms of pulling that off. The other thing i can appreciate about this movie is it took 3 actors well past their prime in the industry and allowed them to showcase their acting chops once again regardless of the plot involved. Hollywood can spit you out very fast especially as you get older although its generally tougher on women when aging in the industry. Like i said, not ground breaking but not horrible either.

14. The Following 2 Users High Fived Northman For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Dangerous Freedom Lock

AD Astra 9/10

Brings up the idea that maybe humanity shouldnt chase the stars if we havnt learned to respect the concept of life on our own planet.

The narrative is there throughout the whole backround of the film. Subway on the moon while pirates fight over resouces, an animal testing lab deep in space, etc. Maybe we are the only life in the universe and we need to appeal to our better nature to cross the void otherwise what is the point?

I enjoyed the film and the ending.
    Last edited by ShaneFalco; 12-05-2019 at 04:49 AM.

16. The Following 3 Users High Fived ShaneFalco For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Lord of the Rings: Fellowship of the Ring. 100/10

Come at me!
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

18. The Following 6 Users High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Drew Lock

Lord of the Rings: Fellowship of the Ring. 100/10

Come at me!
    Something we both agree on. Wht was incredible to me was each one was even better than the last.

I thought the uncut version of TTT was must a see.
    "I may not be a mathematician, but I can count to a million." - Shannon Sharpe

20. The Following User High Fived Shazam! For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Northman View Post
    The Irishman- 7/10

Having read comments the last few days from everyone on here i can kind of see both point of views about this flick.

I probably would have scored this movie higher except that i feel Scorcese has covered a lot of this material before so he isnt bringing anything new to the table here. Also, its 3 hours long and im not entirely sure it was needed in this particular case.

With that said the movie is fine, the acting is top notch but obviously with the actors involved its kind of expected here. DeNiro, Pacino, and Pesci all shine in this and i even thought Keitel did an excellent job in the smaller role he had. Romano was good but every time i see him i start thinking of him as the Wooly Mammoth from Ice Age. As to the age thing past and present that really didnt bother me all that much. In fact, not sure who brought it up but the fact they played themselves as younger versions kept their mannerisms intact and allowed the movie to flow easily back and forth from past to present.

Furthermore, it just shows how amazing CGI graphics have come in terms of pulling that off. The other thing i can appreciate about this movie is it took 3 actors well past their prime in the industry and allowed them to showcase their acting chops once again regardless of the plot involved. Hollywood can spit you out very fast especially as you get older although its generally tougher on women when aging in the industry. Like i said, not ground breaking but not horrible either.
    Your measured and reasonable take is not welcome here.

It is the worst movie ever and you've betrayed me!

22. The Following 2 Users High Fived Poet For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Once Upon A Time ... In Hollywood

Holy shit was that good/10
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

24. The Following 4 Users High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Once Upon A Time ... In Hollywood

Holy shit was that good/10
    May have to check it out

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information