Page 1151 of 1171 FirstFirst ... 151 651 1051 1101 1141 1149 1150 1151 1152 1153 1161 ... LastLast
Results 17,251 to 17,265 of 17559

Thread: Last movie you saw - and rate it

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Quote Originally Posted by Hawgdriver View Post
    Shake, you seen Northman?
    Of course he has, im right here!

2. The Following 2 Users High Fived Northman For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Quote Originally Posted by MasterShake View Post
    Nope! I want to but I’m also in the habit of waiting for most things to hit the streaming services.

Edit: also my free time is shot so I have to choose movies in theater carefully. The ones I know for sure I’ll see in the theater are the Bobs Burgers Movie (I love it ok?!), Top Gun: Maverick, Lightyear, Elvis, and the new Thor. The one I’m most excited for oddly enough is the Elvis one!
    The Elvis one looks quite amazing by the trailer i saw.

4. The Following 2 Users High Fived Northman For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Paul George

Doctor Strange and The Multiverse of Madness: 7.5/10

I actually really enjoyed this movie because of Sam Rami's involvement. He does a great job of leaning into his superhero pedigree (especially the first 2 Spider-man movies) and of course his horror roots in this film. There are some downright legit scary scenes in this flick, and the gore is really ramped up. Especially for a Marvel movie!

My issues with this film lie more in the overall Phase 4 approach Marvel is taking. Whereas Phases 1-3 were all interconnected and leading to a major storyline, these all seem to be operating without any threads to one another. The TV shows, movies, etc. are all under the Disney umbrella so while they walk shoulder to shoulder, they never seem to shake hands. For example, The Eternals may have been a pretty shit movie, but that doesn't explain why no other movie talks about how a damn Celestial is poking out of the Earth. And between Spider-Man: No Way Home and Loki you sure as hell would think they could've linked this whole new plotline together easily. This is making for a very confusing time at the movies, even for a big geek like me.

Instead we get a resolution to

Wanda's storyline from Wandavision which is now CLEARLY a villain origin story for her
    and a whole new setup for another story with Doctor Strange and some new character in the mid-credits scene. I was excited when

Reed Richards from Fantastic 4 and Professor X played by Patrick Stewart from X-men were revealed because I thought this is how they would be brought into the MCU, but instead them and the others get BRUTALLY killed onscreen lol

Between all the shows, The Eternals, Shang-chi, etc. there is just a directionless feel to the MCU suddenly, just a bunch of stories happening to familiar characters. I guess we will see what happens with Thor: Love and Thunder but its very odd. I guess they have some plan I'm just not seeing, or maybe they realized they can just do some solo stories for now.

And therein lies the problem that I always had with the Marvel Multiverse. Unlike DC's Infinite Earths (where there are 52 Earth dimensions where stories can happen but Earth 0 is always the "official" main DC continuum) Marvel always used there multiverse to get themselves out of story jams easily by hitting the reset button and switching to a whole new reality. I wonder if this is Disney/Marvel realizing that its going to be hard to keep doing these movies without the Iron Man, Captain America, etc. as well as The Fantastic 4 and the X-Men. I think phase 5 might just be a reset or maybe even a whole new series of movies if they wrap up with something big.

Pretty much agree with all this.

Also, I thought the America character/actress were terrible and not engaging at all. I pray we never see her again.

They only killed Professor X/others in THAT universe. . .. it's like Mission Impossible over-using the "rip off the mask" device all the freaking time. It's lame.

6. The Following User High Fived NightTrainLayne For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    DT you will be missed

New top gun movie 8.5/10. Some cheesy unrealistic parts but one of the better sequels I have ever seen IMO. I thoroughly enjoyed the movie. The flight sequences are amazing, even more so knowing all the actual work the entire crew put into it. They deserve the end results and acclaim headed their way.
    Denver's 2024 George Paton Draft/FA plan

Draft
    RD1- TE Brock Bowers, GA
    RD3- QB Spencer Rattler, SC
    RD4- CB Josh Newton, TCU
    RD5- S Reggie Pearson, OK
    RD5- C Michael Jurgens, Wake Forest
    RD6- K Jonah Dalmas, Boise St

FA
    1. With what money

8. The Following 3 Users High Fived Elevation inc For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Adopted Bronco:
    DT

Top Gun: Maverick.

10/10

Best sequel I’ve seen, brought me back to the original. Thoroughly enjoyed every minute, had a huge smile on my face. Yes, a couple totally unrealistic parts but that’s why we watch and why it’s a movie.

Tremendous job.

11. The Following 2 Users High Fived Davii For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Quote Originally Posted by Davii View Post
    Top Gun: Maverick.

10/10

Best sequel I’ve seen, brought me back to the original. Thoroughly enjoyed every minute, had a huge smile on my face. Yes, a couple totally unrealistic parts but that’s why we watch and why it’s a movie.

Tremendous job.
    Agreed, enjoyed the shit out of it.

13. The Following User High Fived Northman For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ja’Quan McMillian

Didn’t know where else to put this, but RIP Phillip Baker Hall. Excellent character actor that has been in many roles over the years. Check out a really underrated gem of his in Hard Eight, 1996. Is also in Magnolia & Boogie Nights, same director, all three.

He was brilliant as the library cop in an early Seinfeld episode. Enjoy.

15. The Following 2 Users High Fived R8R H8R For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Hustle - 7.5/10

It's another movie along the lines of Uncut Gems. Very good, worth the watch.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sting
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

17. The Following User High Fived Hawgdriver For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon McMustache

Elvis: 9/10

This movie is told partly through the eyes of The Colonel (Tom Hanks) and partly though fever dream-ish flashbacks of Elvis’ life. It covers all the big points of his life and career and digs deep into the roots of his music which was influenced by the country and gospel south that he grew up in. It also shows how the “Rock n’ Roll” he brought to the masses was a mix of the soul and sex appeal of Beale street.

All of this is interspersed against the turbulent backdrop of the segregation era and mixes contemporary music with Elvis songs in a way only a Baz Luhrman film can. This was a sometimes moving and stylish overview of one of the most influential artists of our time. Glad I saw it in a theater.

19. The Following 2 Users High Fived MasterShake For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Elvis: 9/10

This movie is told partly through the eyes of The Colonel (Tom Hanks) and partly though fever dream-ish flashbacks of Elvis’ life. It covers all the big points of his life and career and digs deep into the roots of his music which was influenced by the country and gospel south that he grew up in. It also shows how the “Rock n’ Roll” he brought to the masses was a mix of the soul and sex appeal of Beale street.

All of this is interspersed against the turbulent backdrop of the segregation era and mixes contemporary music with Elvis songs in a way only a Baz Luhrman film can. This was a sometimes moving and stylish overview of one of the most influential artists of our time. Glad I saw it in a theater.
    Oo, I want to see this. Didn't even realize it was a thing.
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

21. The Following User High Fived Hawgdriver For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    only Von

Watched this movie called The Wave on amazon prime. It features Justin Long and Turk from Scrubs. It was pretty entertaining, funny, trippy, and only like an hour and 30 minutes. Kinda time travely lawyery sort of thing, not sure if I fully understand it but it was enjoyable. I'll say 7/10

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

The Wave (2019, Prime) - 7.5/10

Recommend for those who enjoy Nick Cage type trippy movies.

Housetrained insurance attorney decides to finally cut loose with a coworker after he nails down a career-catapulting claim denial. A bar hopping adventure leads to irregularities in time and space.
    There aren't enough weird idea movies to tickle my fancy, so on those grounds it was great. Not much depth of characterization, if you are into that sort of thing.

Anyways, I liked it.
    Abe, you agree with the 7.5?

edit: ah, 7.0 -- sounds like we had the same experience

24. The Following User High Fived Hawgdriver For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    only Von

Abe, you agree with the 7.5?

edit: ah, 7.0 -- sounds like we had the same experience
    Pretty much exactly the same. Does this mean we should kiss?

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Quote Originally Posted by aberdien View Post
    Pretty much exactly the same. Does this mean we should kiss?
    Probably.

Oh, I got something for you.

27. The Following User High Fived Hawgdriver For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information