Page 686 of 1171 FirstFirst ... 186 586 636 676 684 685 686 687 688 696 736 786 ... LastLast
Results 10,276 to 10,290 of 17559

Thread: Last movie you saw - and rate it

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by weazel View Post
    End of Watch - 7/10 - Netflix

Always seen this on the list in Netflix and never gave it a chance until the other night. It's a damn good show, worth the watch for sure.
    Might check this out later tonight.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon McMustache

Deadpool 8.5/10

You will know by the end of the title sequence if this is the type of movie for you. Deadpool is a 4th wall breaking anti-hero with the healing powers of Wolverine and a wit as sharp as his swords. Like the comic, the Deadpool movie points out and mocks the superhero genre while at the same time embracing it. Make no mistake though - this movie earns its hard R rating so keep the kids away. The story plays out in a non-linear fashion but at its heart it's a revenge flick. It alternates between present events and flashbacks in a great narrative that gives you some history without ever losing focus on the main story.

The film moves at a brisk pace and is a nice mix of fluid, slick action and late night grind house style cinema. Ryan Reynolds embraces the role and allows the audience to have as much fun as he does. My favorite scene involves Deadpool's healing powers as he fights a nearly indestructible mutant ( the all CG Collosus from X-Men in a scene stealing role) that turns into a Monty Python-esque Black Knight fight.

This movie is cut from the same cloth as Guardians of the Galaxy, but Deadpool takes that cloth, soaks it in gas, and makes a Molotov cocktail out of it. Fun, kinetic, and Juvenile. I had a blast with this movie. Once again, this movie is NOT appropriate for kids! I saw a few uninformed parents in the audience. I hope their kids enjoyed the strip club scene!

3. The Following 8 Users High Fived MasterShake For This Post:

Deadpool 10/10!!!

I freaking loved it. I will echo what Mastershake said, except I liked it better than he did. Most fun movie to watch since Guardians of the Galaxy. Leave the kiddies at home though.
    RIP BroncosFreak and OrangeMane

5. The Following User High Fived chanesaw For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Bob Howsam

Not sure why but I just suffered through an hour and a half of Beer For My Horses.
    "Milk is for babies. When you grow up, you have to drink beer" -Arnold

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by SR View Post
    Not sure why but I just suffered through an hour and a half of Beer For My Horses.
    Isn't that a country song?
    Let's Rid3!!!!

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by chazoe60 View Post
    Isn't that a country song?
    Released simultaneously with the movie.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon McMustache

Quote Originally Posted by chanesaw View Post
    Deadpool 10/10!!!

I freaking loved it. I will echo what Mastershake said, except I liked it better than he did. Most fun movie to watch since Guardians of the Galaxy. Leave the kiddies at home though.
    8/10 is very above average to me, the catch on this one is that I don't see repeat viewings being as rewarding. I'm sure I will catch some stuff I missed the first time, but as cool as Deadpool was its not a movie I wanted to go back into the theater and see right again. It was a hell of a ride though! I just don't see how the magic will hold up when I watch it again on DVD or something in the future. It was very much an "experience", especially with a good crowd.

Adopted Bronco:
    Paul George

I'll never understand parents bringing kids to "R" rated movies. It boggles my mind.

My worst experience with such bad parenting was "Saving Private Ryan". A 5-6 year old was sitting right behind us. Poor kid. "Mommy is that man dead?" I wanted to turn around and smack both parents upside the head, but settled for dirty looks.

11. The Following 4 Users High Fived NightTrainLayne For This Post:

Reason #261 I don't have kids.

Also, going to see deadpool tomorrow.
    Quote Originally Posted by King87 View Post
    All must hail NostraTimmy!
    Nostratimmy was right again. All hail nostratimmy.
    Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    I’m the hobbit.

13. The Following 3 Users High Fived Timmy! For This Post:

While I've been swamped with work the last few weeks, I've also managed to find some time to catch up a bit on my movie backlog, such as (intern, Scorched Trial, Everest and some others).

One we watched today, which my wife has not been wanting to watch (along with Lone Survivor) due to knowing the ending, was American Sniper. I have no idea how realistic the military scenes were or life in Iraq, coming back from war, etc., but overall, I REALLY liked the movie. I thought Cooper did an awesome job in that role and understand why he got so much praise for it.

Very good movie.

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon McMustache

Zoolander 2 - How Much Did You Like the 1st One?/10 (7.5/10 for me!)

Comedy sequels rarely ever work. A good comedy is like a funny guest at the party, but the sequel is that same guy at 2 AM telling the same joke as you are trying to clean up and smiling politely. But there is always a wild card to me, and that is the cult comedy. The original Zoolander definitely fits that mold. This movie was released right after 9/11 which really wiped out its box office, but it found a following on DVD and Cable thanks to its convoluted plot, absurdist humor, and great social commentary about the shallow fashion industry. Zoolander 2 takes everything that people loved about the first and upped the ante with a bigger budget, more cameos, and even more stupid humor.

The plot? Derek Zoolander has gone into seclusion into the barren wasteland of Northern New Jersey after his wife is crushed when the Derek Zoolander School collapses. In the wake of this disaster, Derek's son is taken away from him as he is deemed an unfit parent and Hansel (who had his face "scarred" during the collapse) has retreated to an uncharted area of Malibu where it turns out he got everyone pregnant at his orgy, including Kiefer Sutherland. Meanwhile, someone is assassinating beautiful people around the world, but before they die they flash Zoolander's signature look which leads the Fashion Division of Interpol to believe that the clue behind these killings lie with the now reclusive male model.

Still with me? Then this film may be for you.

I loved this movie, but I like dumb as shit comedies. This is in the vein of movies like MacGruber, Napoleon Dynamite and other cult comedies and is most definitely not for everyone. The movie is unapologetically stupid and it throws enough jokes at you that even if they don't all stick, you will at least be smiling the whole time if you are able to find the wavelength that the film operates on. Like any cult movie, I think this will find an audience later on when people can revisit it and notice things they missed. For everyone who hates Seth Rogen-type comedies and just doesn't care for focus group comedies like Ride Along, this may be the movie you have been looking for.

If the first Zoolander lighted your giggle gas, this one is sure to do the same. Everyone else stay the hell away.
    Last edited by MasterShake; 02-15-2016 at 06:07 PM.

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

lighted your giggle gas
    LOL. I like it.

17. The Following User High Fived BroncoJoe For This Post:

Deadpool - 8.5/10

Lol. Good stuff. Also, the best use of a Chicago song in the history of ever goes to this movie.
    Quote Originally Posted by King87 View Post
    All must hail NostraTimmy!
    Nostratimmy was right again. All hail nostratimmy.
    Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    I’m the hobbit.

19. The Following 3 Users High Fived Timmy! For This Post:

Deadpool 8.5/10

VERY fun comic movie that was bred right out of the actual comic (a self aware comic book hero that knows he's a comic book character). This type of humor isn't something you would see in the other Marvel heroes....as it shouldn't as Deadpool has it's cliche' following for a reason.

It borders on the edge of comic book hero movie, and a spoof on comic book hero movies.
    (the previous comment was not directed at any particular individual and was not intended to slander,disrespect or offend any reader of said statement)

wait.. someeone actually went out to see Zoolander 2?
    (the previous comment was not directed at any particular individual and was not intended to slander,disrespect or offend any reader of said statement)

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information