Page 1050 of 1171 FirstFirst ... 50 550 950 1000 1040 1048 1049 1050 1051 1052 1060 1100 1150 ... LastLast
Results 15,736 to 15,750 of 17561

Thread: Last movie you saw - and rate it

Quote Originally Posted by Dreadnought View Post
    I saw 1917 Saturday night. The way the movie is shot gives it the feel of a nightmare; I can't describe it otherwise. Two days later I still have multiple scenes stuck in my head. Literally the most intense moviegoing experience I have ever had
    intriguing review

Quote Originally Posted by Dreadnought View Post
    I saw 1917 Saturday night. The way the movie is shot gives it the feel of a nightmare; I can't describe it otherwise. Two days later I still have multiple scenes stuck in my head. Literally the most intense moviegoing experience I have ever had
    I'm really looking forward to that coming out on Blu Ray. I'm going to watch Midway this weekend (thought it was already released and had planned on watching it this past weekend, but it comes out tomorrow).

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

I watched Tusk probably about a year ago or so. I liked it. It's creepy and twisted and sticks with you, all good things for a horror movie.

Well today just out of happenstance this podcast came up on my YouTube suggestions. Kevin Smith is a guy I enjoy having on as background noise while I do fairly brainless busywork. Oh my God this blew my mind. I did not know the backstory behind Tusk, this is fantastic. The ad was fairly obviously a prank, but a damn fine one.

This is a really funny listen, especially the first half as they're reading the ad.

It's also really interesting to see how a couple of guys riffing can eventually turn into a movie. So cool

Also here is a story about the real writer of the ad.

https://variety.com/2014/film/featur...on-1201309656/

This is probably well known but I had not heard this until today.
    Let's Rid3!!!!

4. The Following 2 Users High Fived chazoe60 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    DT you will be missed

Allowed to go off base finally in my deployed location. Went to see Bad Boys 3 and enjoyed it alot.....8/10. I liked it better then the 2nd one as far as a story goes....good action and they still have great on screen chemistry, I will admit to some bias though from the morale boost it gave me lol, some may not think its as good as I do .......Going to see Birds of prey This weekend and pretty stoked.....
    Denver's 2024 George Paton Draft/FA plan

Draft
    RD1- TE Brock Bowers, GA
    RD3- QB Spencer Rattler, SC
    RD4- CB Josh Newton, TCU
    RD5- S Reggie Pearson, OK
    RD5- C Michael Jurgens, Wake Forest
    RD6- K Jonah Dalmas, Boise St

FA
    1. With what money

6. The Following User High Fived Elevation inc For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon McMustache

Quote Originally Posted by Elevation inc View Post
    Allowed to go off base finally in my deployed location. Went to see Bad Boys 3 and enjoyed it alot.....8/10. I liked it better then the 2nd one as far as a story goes....good action and they still have great on screen chemistry, I will admit to some bias though from the morale boost it gave me lol, some may not think its as good as I do .......Going to see Birds of prey This weekend and pretty stoked.....
    Birds of Prey is getting great reviews, gonna try and check it out for sure.

8. The Following User High Fived MasterShake For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

The Peanutbutter Falcon. 9/10

Too sweet. Too sentimental. And too just plain joyous. I loved everything about it. Sometimes it's okay to see the bright side. This is the best Shia Lebouf has ever been.
    Let's Rid3!!!!

10. The Following 3 Users High Fived chazoe60 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Best movies of the 2010's, in no particular order

Hell or High Water
    Joker
    Blade Runner 2049
    Mad Max: Fury Road
    The Nice Guys
    Drive
    Logan Lucky
    Parasite
    Grand Budapest Hotel
    You Were Never Really Here
    Arrival
    Inception
    Us
    The Lobster
    Into the Spiderverse
    Rogue One
    Valhalla Rising
    Monsters

Edited to add Valhalla Rising and Monsters. I thought both of those were pre-2010 but they both came out in 2010 actually so I added them. On a side note, Hawg I think you'd like Valhalla Rising if you haven't seen it yet.
    Last edited by chazoe60; 02-07-2020 at 09:23 PM.
    Let's Rid3!!!!

12. The Following User High Fived chazoe60 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon McMustache

Birds of Prey: ★★★½☆☆

This movie reminded me of Deadpool in some ways, including the humor and over-the-top violent action, but was definitely its own thing. It was a good Batman movie without Batman, if that makes sense. With Gotham as the backdrop, we follow a newly single Harley Quinn after a falling out with The Joker caught up in a mob power play involving a detective (Rosie Perez), an undercover agent (Jurnee Bell as Black Canary), an Assassin (Mary Elizabeth Winstead as Huntress), and a pickpocket. After they all inadvertently get tangled up in the crosshairs of crime boss Victor Sionis (better known as Black Mask and brilliantly played by Ewan McGregor), it all comes to a head in a fun crime caper romp with some great action scenes and pop art style. Nice to see a good R-Rated action flick with a good story and it looks like everyone had fun making it.

14. The Following 2 Users High Fived MasterShake For This Post:

Watched Wonderful Day in the Neighborhood (think that was the name) last night. 8/10. Hanks did a great job of playing Mr. Rogers, and overall it was enjoyable.

Midway. 9/10. Like most Roland Emerich movies, there is a lot of action and it's well done. I have no clue about the accuracy of the accounts of what led up to the battle of Midway and the battle itself, so I can't speak to the accuracy, but I thought in terms of the acting, story telling and special effects, it was very well done.

Up next, Knives Out is on tap for this evening.

16. The Following 3 Users High Fived Tned For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Sammy Winder

Free Solo - 10/10
    It's a National Geographic documentary about rock climber Alex Honnold climbing the El Capitan rock face in Yosemite(3200 feet of sheer granite wall) without a rope (free soloing).
    Some of the shots they get of him doing it will make your jaw drop.

18. The Following 3 Users High Fived EastCoastBronco For This Post:

Knives Out was real good. Vudu community gives it a 4.5 our o 5, which would equate to a 9/10 here. I'm not sure I would quibble with it. Maybe it's a bit high for me, only because it's not my favorite genre.

Pretty good ensemble cast: Chris Evans, Jamie Lee Curtis, Dakota Johnson's dad, Daniel Craig and Ana De Armas (mmmmmm).

It's well acted, and as murder mystery movies go, it's one of the better ones I've seen. Definitely worth checking it out.

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by EastCoastBronco View Post
    Free Solo - 10/10
    It's a National Geographic documentary about rock climber Alex Honnold climbing the El Capitan rock face in Yosemite(3200 feet of sheer granite wall) without a rope (free soloing).
    Some of the shots they get of him doing it will make your jaw drop.

You should watch The Dawn Wall. It's a very similar documentary. Free Solo got all the accolades but I think I liked The Dawn Wall better. Both are excellent.
    Let's Rid3!!!!

21. The Following 3 Users High Fived chazoe60 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

This is so funny and awesome. I can't wait until Uncut Gems comes out on video. I really want to see it.

This is a better video, it doesn't cut off

Last edited by chazoe60; 02-10-2020 at 10:40 AM.
    Let's Rid3!!!!

23. The Following 2 Users High Fived chazoe60 For This Post:

I watched Wyatt Earp over the weekend with the young Kevin Costner. it was good but I was you tubing a bit throughout so may need to watch again. some real nice scenes. he seemed like a pretty cool guy

Adopted Bronco:
    Sammy Winder

Quote Originally Posted by chazoe60 View Post
    You should watch The Dawn Wall. It's a very similar documentary. Free Solo got all the accolades but I think I liked The Dawn Wall better. Both are excellent.
    Just checked out the trailer.
    That looks really good.
    I'll definitely check it out.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information