Page 769 of 769 FirstFirst ... 269 669 719 759 767 768 769
Results 11,521 to 11,525 of 11525

Thread: Last movie you saw - and rate it

Shop Denver Broncos Super Bowl Gear
    Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    Passengers 5.5/10

Didn't know it was just a love story. It's just a love story. Of course they wouldn't kill off one of them, despite both facing near death circumstances. They did kill off the black guy, so there's that.

Gets two full points for Jennifer Lawrence.
    We watched this over the weekend. I'd give it a 7. Thought it was a good story, but I'm not adverse to love stories.

The wife was so irritated with the dude. I won't say why due to possible spoilers, but she couldn't get past what he did.

2. The Following User High Fived BroncoJoe For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Hingle McCringleberry

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoJoe View Post
    We watched this over the weekend. I'd give it a 7. Thought it was a good story, but I'm not adverse to love stories.

The wife was so irritated with the dude. I won't say why due to possible spoilers, but she couldn't get past what he did.
    I think the big problem with that movie was that they marketed it all wrong. When I first saw the trailer I was thinking it was Titanic in Space but the actual plot is very dark and controversial. It was still very well made, just not what I was expecting.

"It's not the end of the world... it's not even the end of the day"

4. The Following User High Fived MasterShake For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Bey Bey

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoJoe View Post

Quote Originally Posted by MasterShake View Post
    I think the big problem with that movie was that they marketed it all wrong. When I first saw the trailer I was thinking it was Titanic in Space but the actual plot is very dark and controversial. It was still very well made, just not what I was expecting.
    I agree that it was well done, and the space scenes were great. In the end, I just don't think it took any risks and that wasn't personally fun for me because I found myself knowing exactly what was going to happen. Joe, I can imagine a lot of women felt that way about Pratt's character for obvious reasons. That part raises some really interesting philosophical questions, but I think it got lost in the denouement.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Valar Morghulis View Post
    So many of my posts are genius I forget them

6. The Following User High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Pot Roast

Straight Out of Compton: 7.5/10

Good flick. But in the end it seems to lead me to more questions rather than answers. I need more details on the contract shenanigans and "business" referenced by Jerry Heller. It seems the movie leaves all this up to individual interpretation without really giving enough information to do so.

I was pleasantly surprised to find I still knew most of the lyrics from those circa 1990 gangsta rap songs.
    Quote Originally Posted by BigDaddyBronco View Post
    We have lost NTL forever to the elitist crowd. Big green egg, home brew, hot latina wife, ...

8. The Following 7 Users High Fived NightTrainLayne For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Glenn Martinez, Rahim Moore

Passenger 57

4.8/10

Maybe some day in the future, a black actor won't have to use catches phases such as "Always bet on black" at the beginning or conclusion of an action sequence. Pay your taxes Wes. I paid 90 minutes of my life for this drivel.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information