Page 858 of 1171 FirstFirst ... 358 758 808 848 856 857 858 859 860 868 908 958 ... LastLast
Results 12,856 to 12,870 of 17551

Thread: Last movie you saw - and rate it

Just watched 12 Strong. Not sure how much liberty was taken and how close it was to what that special forces team actually went through and accomplished, but damn. Really good movie.

Quote Originally Posted by Von Kinger View Post
    Indiana Jones and the thing do with the Arcy-item: What an incredibly fun movie. It's cheesy, but a lot of fun. Definitely high on replay value. I love it.
    We rewatched the first Indian Jones movie a few weeks ago. Hadn't watched it in years. Good movie. Special effects are crap by today's standards, and a bit cheesy, but a fun movie to watch.

3. The Following 3 Users High Fived Tned For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Tned View Post
    We rewatched the first Indian Jones movie a few weeks ago. Hadn't watched it in years. Good movie. Special effects are crap by today's standards, and a bit cheesy, but a fun movie to watch.
    I will say that I really liked how the camera angles were used. Nothing in particular comes to mind, but I always felt like I could see the movie how I wanted to see it - which is not the case today. Today a lot of zoomed in shots at inopportune times seems to be a norm? IDK.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

5. The Following User High Fived Poet For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon McMustache

Avengers: Infinity War 9/10

Let me start by saying that I always try to be consistent with my movie reviews. That way if for whatever crazy reason you read a review as a recommendation from someone, you can know what types of movies I like and those I don't and go from there. This is not an indication of the movies Oscar-worthiness or anything else other than personal taste! That being said this movie is both a triumph and a test of patience in many ways.

On one hand this film is a symphony that has been written over the last 10 years. There are quiet parts, crescendos, bridges, rests, and a subtle poetry and rhyme that is familiar and beautiful. If you appreciate the earlier works of this symphony, you will sit there with a big smile on your face and never think once to check your watch.

On the other hand, this film is also the best party of your life, but in a weird way. It starts out with a really good pizza and ALL of your friends are there. Then the beer comes out and the conversation kicks into high gear. Then your favorite songs start playing on the radio and you are really starting to feel great! Then you get a big cake, and the most beautiful stripper in the world jumps out along with their hot friend. They both give you a massage as you start to open your presents, each cooler than the last. But after a while you start to feel overwhelmed. How long have you been here? You go to the bathroom and look at your face in the harsh light. Then you do a line of cocaine. Then you walk out and your friend gives you a shot. Then the rooms starts spinning. Then suddenly you are feeling like there IS such thing as too much of a good thing.

Long story short this is a long story that is not short. It is a darker movie than anything Marvel has done, which is sort of jarring because the beginning butts up right against the ending of Thor: Ragnarok. There are moments of levity, but mostly gravity. Josh Brolin's Thanos is truly an all-time great movie villain and has unexpected depth and charisma, and of course the best characters of the Marvel Universe all get their time to shine. Once the "SPACE" title card showed up as a funky beat was blasting from an approaching and all-too familiar spaceship early on in the film I couldn't wait to see the members of my personal favorite Marvel franchise.

I won't go into the rest here as this thing is truly a sight to behold, but I have no desire to see it again any time soon. It is exhausting. Be warned though, don't go into this thing blind or having missed even a handful of the bigger MCU movies. Your enjoyment of this movie will be proportionate to your love of the series of films overall and the story is tightly woven into the fabric of it.

7. The Following 5 Users High Fived MasterShake For This Post:

Avengers: Infinity War 10/10

To add to Shake's review, this is not only the best party of your life, this is also the morning after, surrounded by empty beer bottles, snoring hot chicks and a four midgets chasing each other around bags of opened chips and spilled salsa. You remember that you had one hell of a night to remember but you'll wonder what were the midgets' roles in this party.

I gave it perfect rating because for starters, Thanos is my favorite villain of all time and has been since 1992. Since that time, I dreamed of his quest for the Infinity Stones sagas on screen. I was a big fan of the Infinity Stones saga a few years before that, then known as the Soul Gems, when the Elders of the Universe tried to collect them all to destroy Galactus. Marvel's on screen version of the Stones sage didn't disappoint me one bit. The visuals and story line were just as I hoped and expected. I also gave it a perfect rating because of the necessary humor needed for a film of this length. It was there in bulk. Cheesy at times yes, but it got the job done. There was even one particular moment that will probably be the next oft-used meme for a major f-up (Titus O'Neil in the Greatest Royal Rumble for example... google it).

This movie had a chance to be too clunky and all over the place without a meaning to its end, and while it was all over the place, most of it fit with what needed to be told. I saw it in iMax and to say ANYTHING about the iMax experience will do it injustice. You have to see it in iMax for yourself to understand how epic the visuals are. Back to the story, the ending may frustrate you. It was perfect for me.

This movie is basically the best comic book you've ever read come to life. It's not perfect, few movies are, but it's perfect in the sense that it's entertaining as f.
    Last edited by Devilspawn; 04-28-2018 at 01:38 PM.

9. The Following 2 Users High Fived Devilspawn For This Post:

What are the movies that I need to see for this? I'm a little behind on them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

Adopted Bronco:
    Malik Jackson

Quote Originally Posted by Von Kinger View Post
    What are the movies that I need to see for this? I'm a little behind on them.
    All the:
    Avengers
    Iron Man
    Thor
    Captain America
    Guardians of the Galaxy
    Black Panther

12. The Following 2 Users High Fived SmilinAssasSin27 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon McMustache

Quote Originally Posted by SmilinAssasSin27 View Post
    All the:
    Avengers
    Iron Man
    Thor
    Captain America
    Guardians of the Galaxy
    Black Panther
    This has a pretty good synopsis to get people up to speed:

14. The Following User High Fived MasterShake For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Sgt Stubby: An American Hero- 9/10

Great animated movie and based off a true story of a dog that ended up becoming the official mascot of the 102nd infantry regiment of the Yankee Division. He had served 18 months and was involved in 17 battles not only warning troops of mustard gas attacks but comforting wounded soldiers during that time. He is the only dog to ever be given the rank as Sergeant through combat. Definitely a must see and very well done.

A Quiet Place- 8/10

Not bad, definitely an interesting approach and plot although i found the critters to look like mini cloverfield monsters. The other issue is i really dont think it would of taken that long to figure out their weakness and how it was discovered but afterall it is just a movie. Pretty entertaining, well shot, and well acted. Krasinski does a really good job here. The movie involves a family in which the earth has been infested by what looks like alien creatures that are attracted to sound. Within 3 months most of the earths population is wiped out and only those that have managed to live and move about without making much sound have been able to survive. Early on the family loses one of their children to the creatures which sets up a bit of tension between the father (Krasinski) and his deaf daughter. To complicate things more the wife (played by Krasinski's real wife Emily Blunt) is pregnant and due to have a baby at any moment. The movie has a bit of a "Signs" (Shyamalan) feel to it but does enough to be its own thing.

War of the Planet of the Apes- 9/10

I have liked both Rise and Dawn of the Planet of the Apes so wasnt shocked that i liked this one as well. This movie concludes the trilogy and focuses on Ceasar and his mounting revenge against a Colonel played by Woody Harrelson who has determined that the apes carry a virus that is easily spread to the human race and destroys their basic motor functions specifically their ability to talk. In his quest he ends up killing Ceasars wife and eldest son before getting away from Ceasar after the attack. Ceasar bent on revenge instructs the rest of his people to move on from their location as he attempts to find the Colonel on his own. But, some of his closest friends some of whom were with him when they were initially tested on (from the first movie) join him. The group happens upon a young human girl who is infected by the virus but one of Ceasars friends doesnt want to leave her behind to die. The movie is full of great acting by Harrelson and has some tear jerking moments a plenty.

Adopted Bronco:
    Malik Jackson

Infinity War-10/10
    Analysis:
    Holy F!

17. The Following 2 Users High Fived SmilinAssasSin27 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Rey

Quote Originally Posted by SmilinAssasSin27 View Post
    Infinity War-10/10
    Analysis:
    Holy F!
    Agreed!!!!

I Loved it

19. The Following User High Fived Valar Morghulis For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Avenger infinity war 8/10

Best Avengers movie yet. Went with my wife and son, the daughter had zero interest in seeing it. My son was gutted. He is a broken man.
    Let's Rid3!!!!

21. The Following 2 Users High Fived chazoe60 For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by DenBronx View Post
    Went to go see A Quiet Place with my brother last night. I loved it, it's a cross between War of Worlds and Signs. 9/10....definitely my kind of movie. The main actor also directed it. I highly recommend
    who is the main actor? is it that guy from the office? it was weird seeing him in that role. like Jim Carrey who has a serious part in some movie out there that I haven't seen and whose name escapes me at present.. Anyway, I hope you are well. Cheers

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

Oh good, I'm in luck! I was just thinking, "where can I find 30000 words on the 45th iteration of the intergalactic universe savers movie?"

24. The Following 6 Users High Fived Buff For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Malik Jackson

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    Oh good, I'm in luck! I was just thinking, "where can I find 30000 words on the 45th iteration of the intergalactic universe savers movie?"
    Your lucky day

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information