Page 1142 of 1171 FirstFirst ... 142 642 1042 1092 1132 1140 1141 1142 1143 1144 1152 ... LastLast
Results 17,116 to 17,130 of 17563

Thread: Last movie you saw - and rate it

Adopted Bronco:
    only Von

I finally watched Once Upon a Time in America the other day. I could argue that it's Tarantino's greatest directorial achievement. Loved it. And Brad Pitt is a badass.

2. The Following User High Fived aberdien For This Post:

Hollywood?
    Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    I don't know much about anything. In fact, I am one of the dumbest people alive.

4. The Following 3 Users High Fived shank For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by aberdien View Post
    I finally watched Once Upon a Time in America the other day. I could argue that it's Tarantino's greatest directorial achievement. Loved it. And Brad Pitt is a badass.
    Can't get my wife to watch it. She's not a big Tarantino fan. Might need to just watch it without her at some point.

Adopted Bronco:
    DT

Watched "Nappily Ever After" on netflix with the wife last night. Stellar movie, I loved it. There's a scene where the lead shaves her head in a drunken rage, the acting job she did for that scene made the entire movie.

Adopted Bronco:
    only Von

Quote Originally Posted by shank View Post
    Hollywood?

8. The Following User High Fived aberdien For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    only Von

Quote Originally Posted by Tned View Post
    Can't get my wife to watch it. She's not a big Tarantino fan. Might need to just watch it without her at some point.
    Do it.

Quote Originally Posted by aberdien View Post
    Do it.
    Agreed. Fun movie.

Watched Saint Maud last night. Fits right in with most of the other A24 films - not super re-watchable, but really enjoyed the watch.
    I don't know much about anything. In fact, I am one of the dumbest people alive.

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon McMustache

Just a weird aside to my New Years Eve movie fest, I never realized that Fight Club and Office Space are essentially the same movie, they just take very different approaches to their story. They also came out in the same year!

Here is the plot to both: Man is slowly losing soul and going insane in modern consumer culture with a dead end job. After something changes in his brain, he finds a new lease on life by letting go. While this seems like a good idea at first, he must race against time at the end of the movie to forgo disaster when a plot to "stick-it" to corporate America is getting his friends hurt and endangers his very soul which he was trying to save. Also there is a girl he meets during all of this.

EDIT: Just googled this and there are like hour long Youtube videos on this very subject lol! They call it the "Dystopian Office Trilogy" and include the original Matrix from '99!
    Last edited by MasterShake; 01-04-2022 at 11:20 AM.

12. The Following 9 Users High Fived MasterShake For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by MasterShake View Post
    Just a weird aside to my New Years Eve movie fest, I never realized that Fight Club and Office Space are essentially the same movie, they just take very different approaches to their story. They also came out in the same year!

Here is the plot to both: Man is slowly losing soul and going insane in modern consumer culture with a dead end job. After something changes in his brain, he finds a new lease on life by letting go. While this seems like a good idea at first, he must race against time at the end of the movie to forgo disaster when a plot to "stick-it" to corporate America is getting his friends hurt and endangers his very soul which he was trying to save. Also there is a girl he meets during all of this.

EDIT: Just googled this and there are like hour long Youtube videos on this very subject lol! They call it the "Dystopian Office Trilogy" and include the original Matrix from '99!
    Don't both movies end with a burning down of corporate America as well?

14. The Following User High Fived chazoe60 For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by chazoe60 View Post
    Don't both movies end with a burning down of corporate America as well?
    With your feet in the air and your head on the ground

16. The Following 4 Users High Fived shank For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

I'm watching a very underrated movie from the 90's, Fallen with Denzel Washington, John Goodman and James Gandolfini. I haven't watched this in probably 20 years. It is excellent.

18. The Following 4 Users High Fived chazoe60 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Dogfish

Quote Originally Posted by chazoe60 View Post
    I'm watching a very underrated movie from the 90's, Fallen with Denzel Washington, John Goodman and James Gandolfini. I haven't watched this in probably 20 years. It is excellent.
    Tiiiiiiiiiiiime is on my side, yes it is.

That movie's a banger.

20. The Following 3 Users High Fived King87 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Very cool short film that a friend on FB posted. While it has nothing to do with Blade i would kind of like to see an origin story of sorts done like this for any kind of Blade reboot. The kids acting if very good here.

22. The Following User High Fived Northman For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon McMustache

The Eternals: 6.5/10

Bloated, but entertaining in spurts. Felt out of place in the overall MCU in a weird way, too. I like some of the ideas they began to scratch at, but it never satisfied any itch. Also maybe it looked better on the big screen but the special effects looked incomplete at times. I don’t regret watching it, but I don’t think I’d miss much in the grand scheme of things in relation to the overall connected universe Marvel is building if I never did. Almost feels like a side story.

24. The Following 2 Users High Fived MasterShake For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Watching the movie Arkansas, it's pretty good. Sorta has a Coen bros. with a sprinkle of Tarantino mixed in feel. The young lady in it is Josh Brolin's daughter and once you know that you can't unhear or unsee it.
    Let's Rid3!!!!

26. The Following User High Fived chazoe60 For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information