Page 797 of 1170 FirstFirst ... 297 697 747 787 795 796 797 798 799 807 847 897 ... LastLast
Results 11,941 to 11,955 of 17550

Thread: Last movie you saw - and rate it

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

Quote Originally Posted by MasterShake View Post
    Not really. Which Wonder Woman are we talking about? In some of the comics she is drawn differently but the newer iterations even before they cast Gal Gadot WW has been rocking a leaner frame in recent years.
    I'm making a joke, I've only seen the tv version with the chick with huge boobs.
    "Tuning ... into each other ... lift all higher”
    “I’m just different!”

Sign Garbage Minshew.

Draft
    1st round— Cooper Dejean CB
    2nd round— Jack Sawyer OLB
    3rd round— Will Shipley RB
    4th round— Ricky Pearsall WR
    5th round— Ladd McKonkey WR
    6th round— Cash Jones RB
    7th round— Carson Steele RB

Agreed!

War for the Planet of the Apes 8.5/10

Stunning special effects and a great allegory for war make the third and probably final movie in the Planet of the Apes trilogy a satisfying conclusion. If you are invested in the other two films, then this is a must see. If you've never seen the other two, there is a quick catchup of the story so far at the beginning that will settle you in nicely if you are interested into jumping right into the third movie. The special effects on the apes is photorealistic and downright convincing most of the time and the themes they touch on include sacrifice, genocide, and revenge. The whole movie is tense but full of dramatic moments that wouldn't feel out of place in any of the great war movies of the last few decades. Really nice surprise in what has been a pretty quiet summer movie season so far.
    I really want to see it. It's amazing how far technology has come because like you said, it's darn near photorealistic now compared to the cheesy masks of the original movies.

I'm looking forward to the War for the Planet of the Apes too. I really enjoyed the first 2.

4. The Following User High Fived Al Wilson 4 Mayor For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

Quote Originally Posted by Freyaka View Post
    I really want to see it. It's amazing how far technology has come because like you said, it's darn near photorealistic now compared to the cheesy masks of the original movies.
    Dude, that was ground-breaking stuff at the time. You can't compare technology from the 60's to now. Those original movies were awesome for the time.

6. The Following User High Fived BroncoJoe For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon McMustache

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoJoe View Post
    Dude, that was ground-breaking stuff at the time. You can't compare technology from the 60's to now. Those original movies were awesome for the time.
    Movies worked completely different back then too. Sequels tended to have SMALLER budgets even if the first movie was a hit. The prosthetics in the first Apes movie are really well done.

MILD SPOILERS: Another neat thing if anyone is fan of the original planet of the apes movies, it's important to remember that the new movies are direct prequels to those films and are full of little easter eggs that tie directly into them. In Dawn of the Planet of the Apes there is a brief newsclip about the Icarus Spaceship being lost after launch (this is the same ship Charlton Heston crashes back to Earth in during the first movie). Also in the new film Nova is the name of the girl that has the disease that is starting to make humans lose their speech which was also the name of the blonde woman in the original. There are tons more if you pay attention and know the lore.

8. The Following User High Fived MasterShake For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

Movies worked completely different back then too. Sequels tended to have SMALLER budgets even if the first movie was a hit. The prosthetics in the first Apes movie are really well done.

MILD SPOILERS: Another neat thing if anyone is fan of the original planet of the apes movies, it's important to remember that the new movies are direct prequels to those films and are full of little easter eggs that tie directly into them. In Dawn of the Planet of the Apes there is a brief newsclip about the Icarus Spaceship being lost after launch (this is the same ship Charlton Heston crashes back to Earth in during the first movie). Also in the new film Nova is the name of the girl that has the disease that is starting to make humans lose their speech which was also the name of the blonde woman in the original. There are tons more if you pay attention and know the lore.
    I noticed all those nuances, and it made me hope they remake the original. Don't forget Ceasar's 2nd son - Cornelius.

:fingerscrossed:

Here's a cool comparison:

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/hea...missed-1020625

10. The Following User High Fived BroncoJoe For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon McMustache

I noticed all those nuances, and it made me hope they remake the original. Don't forget Ceasar's 2nd son - Cornelius.

:fingerscrossed:

Here's a cool comparison:

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/hea...missed-1020625
    Thanks! Cool article. I missed some of those.

Adopted Bronco:
    Baron Browning, Jaleel McLaughlin

joe, tell the truth. . . do you still have an 8-track player stashed away in the back of a closet somewhere?

Adopted Bronco:

i don't see many flicks in the theater, but i just got a ticket for valerian friday night. . . i've been meaning to go check out the sloans lake alamo, and the original isn't playing it, so good timing. . .

14. The Following User High Fived dogfish For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Sammy Winder

The Magnificent 7 (Reboot with Denzel and Co.) - 6/10
    I found it mildly entertaining but it had no soul.
    It just went through the motions.
    Best character was the big mountain man played by Vincent D'Onofrio.

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon McMustache

Quote Originally Posted by dogfish View Post
    i don't see many flicks in the theater, but i just got a ticket for valerian friday night. . . i've been meaning to go check out the sloans lake alamo, and the original isn't playing it, so good timing. . .
    Valerian seems interesting. Luc Besson (Leon: The Professional, The Fifth Element) is directing it and it was one of the earlier sci-fi comics so it has a pretty rich history that predates Star Wars but came just a little bit after some other popular franchises. Looks to be a very colorful, earnest attempt at world-building and something that could be cool in 3-D. Will probably take my son to a matinee on Sunday or something.

Adopted Bronco:

Valerian seems interesting. Luc Besson (Leon: The Professional, The Fifth Element) is directing it and it was one of the earlier sci-fi comics so it has a pretty rich history that predates Star Wars but came just a little bit after some other popular franchises. Looks to be a very colorful, earnest attempt at world-building and something that could be cool in 3-D. Will probably take my son to a matinee on Sunday or something.
    fifth element is an all-time fave for me, and this looks like it has a chance to be the same type of no-holds-barred joyride. . . my friends who saw it last night are raving about it. . .

Adopted Bronco:
    Richard Simmons

Young Guns

3/10

These guys were supposed to be a badass ensemble cast. How did this movie spawn a sequel?

Adopted Bronco:
    Dangerous Freedom Lock

Quote Originally Posted by BeefStew25 View Post
    Young Guns

3/10

These guys were supposed to be a badass ensemble cast. How did this movie spawn a sequel?
    love that movie. how dare you.

20. The Following User High Fived ShaneFalco For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon McMustache

Valerian and the City of a Thousand Planets 7.5/10 (Minor Spoilers Ahead)

After a brief history of space exploration set to Space Oddity by Davide Bowie and a lucid dream sequence, the movie begins with Major Valerian and his partner Lauraline retrieving a stolen object from an inter-dimensional market that also happens to be a tourist trap. The market can only be seen when wearing a special visor and Valerian is able to sneak in a gun thanks to a special box that allows him to remain in one dimension while his hand (inside the dimensional matter box) can hide the gun until he is ready to use it. Also thanks to some other dimensional tricks he is able to remain invisible while performing this task to the beings inside the other dimension while his hand with the gun operates through the box and is able to shoot into their dimension if he needs too. After a tense standoff, a chase begins and the movie REALLY gets started.

If any of the above turns you off, stay faaaar away from this movie.

This is about as an original, world-building, bright and unapologetic as science fiction fantasy gets and your enjoyment of it will tie directly into how much you accept how earnest the film is about what it is. The movie never tries to be something it is not and it moves at a brisk pace. Some of the concepts it presents are as strange as the word "Jedi" and "The Force" were at one time, but this movie fully embraces it's pulp roots in Buck Rogers and other sci-fi fantasy serials without ever so much as winking at the camera. It seems quaint in a way, but the visuals are decidedly modern. I loved it, most probably won't unless they appreciate the genre and what it meant between the 1960's and 1970's which is when the original graphic novels came out.

This movie is the grandfather of things like Star Wars and Star Trek so it doesn't push any new boundaries, but it does bring a nice bit of nostalgia and originality to the Summer movie season.

22. The Following User High Fived MasterShake For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information