Page 726 of 1171 FirstFirst ... 226 626 676 716 724 725 726 727 728 736 776 826 ... LastLast
Results 10,876 to 10,890 of 17561

Thread: Last movie you saw - and rate it

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoJoe View Post
    Well, the first thing I thought was NE Patriots, cheating.

I usually avoid political movies like Snowden, and the previously mentioned 13 hours or Hillary's America. Just too much bias in them, and while probably "truthful", I doubt any would tell the entire story.
    I had a buddy that was basically the AF officer version of Shane. I appreciated his cynicism, it undoubtedly broadened my perspective. But yeah, the bias of the whistleblowers and the chicken littles can be mad obnoxious.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sting
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

31- 9/10

31 is the latest Rob Zombie production and involves a group of would be victims who are abducted by some crazed masked men to be put into a gauntlet of violent psychopaths (think a cross between Running Man, Hunger Games, and Battle Royale) for the pleasure of three wealthy people in the form of a elderly man (Malcolm McDowell) and two elderly women who announce to the group that they have 12 hours to survive being hunted down. The most notable names in the film are of course Zombie's wife Sherrie Moon Zombie, McDowell, and Meg Foster. The film also has an appearance of E.G. Daily who still looks fantastic to this day.

The main villian Doom Head (played by Richard Brake) is the one who steals the show though for me. Brake nailed the character down in every facet to which my mind was totally blown. 31 is by far superior to Zombies last flick Lords of Salem which i thought was going to knock it out of the park but fell way short. While there are certain portions of 31 that isnt new to the horror genre they are well played out by the actors themselves and at least the plot is creative enough to stand on its own. While 31 isnt necessarily scary and not "overly" gory there is quite a bit of tension with the characters.

The soundtrack is of course amazing and loaded with lots of 70's classic rock tunes (to fit the theme of the movie) and shooting style that Zombie used once again pays homage to old school horror films of that time period in the Grindhouse vibe. While i would of liked the ending to have been done a bit differently it leaves the ending open ended for a few different possibilities going forward. When it comes to film making Zombie is kind of hit or miss with me but this is definitely a hit and a worth while viewing for those who like the horror genre.

3. The Following 3 Users High Fived Northman For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Northman View Post
    31- 9/10

31 is the latest Rob Zombie production and involves a group of would be victims who are abducted by some crazed masked men to be put into a gauntlet of violent psychopaths (think a cross between Running Man, Hunger Games, and Battle Royale) for the pleasure of three wealthy people in the form of a elderly man (Malcolm McDowell) and two elderly women who announce to the group that they have 12 hours to survive being hunted down. The most notable names in the film are of course Zombie's wife Sherrie Moon Zombie, McDowell, and Meg Foster. The film also has an appearance of E.G. Daily who still looks fantastic to this day.

The main villian Doom Head (played by Richard Brake) is the one who steals the show though for me. Brake nailed the character down in every facet to which my mind was totally blown. 31 is by far superior to Zombies last flick Lords of Salem which i thought was going to knock it out of the park but fell way short. While there are certain portions of 31 that isnt new to the horror genre they are well played out by the actors themselves and at least the plot is creative enough to stand on its own. While 31 isnt necessarily scary and not "overly" gory there is quite a bit of tension with the characters.

The soundtrack is of course amazing and loaded with lots of 70's classic rock tunes (to fit the theme of the movie) and shooting style that Zombie used once again pays homage to old school horror films of that time period in the Grindhouse vibe. While i would of liked the ending to have been done a bit differently it leaves the ending open ended for a few different possibilities going forward. When it comes to film making Zombie is kind of hit or miss with me but this is definitely a hit and a worth while viewing for those who like the horror genre.

nice, didn't know this was out yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Timmy! View Post
    Effing school zones suck. It's only a matter of time before I get nailed in one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Valar Morghulis View Post
    I take the fat out of the pan once no longer hot, smear it all over my genitals, then enter consenting people with my tumescent member.

5. The Following User High Fived weazel For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Dangerous Freedom Lock

Quote Originally Posted by tomjonesrocks View Post
    This feels equivalent to TNed giving 10/10 to 13 Hours or Hillary's America - but will try to reserve judgement if I see it on Netflix down the road.
    i loved 13 hours.

But Snowden is Oliver stones best work.

I expected to be there some type of whitewashing when it pertains to what the government is doing. But none.

Adopted Bronco:
    Paul George

So Oliver Stone made a movie about another Russian Patsy huh? Color me surprised.

8. The Following User High Fived NightTrainLayne For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon McMustache

Quote Originally Posted by ShaneFalco View Post
    i loved 13 hours.

But Snowden is Oliver stones best work.

I expected to be there some type of whitewashing when it pertains to what the government is doing. But none.
    Oliver Stone isn't known for pulling punches, that doesn't shock me. Still I find his work to be lacking as of late. I will check this out when it hits streaming services.

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Who did Big Short? Was that Stone?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sting
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon McMustache

Quote Originally Posted by Hawgdriver View Post
    Who did Big Short? Was that Stone?
    Nope that was Adam McKay. He also did Anchorman and Step Brothers, both of which were a million times better than Wall Street 2.

12. The Following User High Fived MasterShake For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Shelby Harris

the new blair witch 5/10 just a rehash really. A few somewhat scary scenes, but no creativity. The original still stands tall to me. I know I know you either love it or hate it, but I loved it. The new one was unnecessary.

14. The Following 2 Users High Fived atwater27 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Amanda Knox (Netflix)- 9/10

I think it was about 5 years ago when i started paying close attention to this story and after Knox had been released on appeal the first time. This documentary explores the sensationalism of the media coverage and the inconsistent and terrible police work during the investigation of the death of Meredith, a roommate of Knox's while living in Italy as an American student abroad. As i figured, this doc enforces and confirms my own suspicions of how the investigation was botched by the Italian police as there was an clear attempt to railroad Knox and her boyfriend of the murder. I kind of chuckled at Italy's defiance from their leaders about America's overall condemnation for their inadequacy of handling the Knox case because while America's justice system has its own faults we at least own it as a nation that there are problems. This was very good for those who were/are interested in this case.

16. The Following User High Fived Northman For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

I watched the Knox documentary this weekend too. I think it's more like a 6/10. It still left me with a ton of unanswered questions and I don't think it did a good job exonerating Knox if that was the goal of her participating. I don't think it definitively showed Knox being railroaded - I actually finished the movie with a negative impression of everyone involved.

Knox seems like a crazy moron. I will never for the life of me understand how someone can give a false confession - even if it's coerced and even if we have evidence of it happening in more than one instance. The Italian cops are your classic self-important, arrogant detectives from a bygone era. Both sides seemed to do a bad job of making their case IMO.

18. The Following 2 Users High Fived Buff For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    I watched the Knox documentary this weekend too. I think it's more like a 6/10. It still left me with a ton of unanswered questions and I don't think it did a good job exonerating Knox if that was the goal of her participating. I don't think it definitively showed Knox being railroaded - I actually finished the movie with a negative impression of everyone involved.

Knox seems like a crazy moron. I will never for the life of me understand how someone can give a false confession - even if it's coerced and even if we have evidence of it happening in more than one instance. The Italian cops are your classic self-important, arrogant detectives from a bygone era. Both sides seemed to do a bad job of making their case IMO.
    I saw that hit Netflix. I really have no desire to see it. I was sick of her story pretty quick.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    I saw that hit Netflix. I really have no desire to see it. I was sick of her story pretty quick.
    I am a documentary fiend. My GF makes fun of me for it. Non-fiction FTW!

21. The Following 2 Users High Fived Buff For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

I am a documentary fiend. My GF makes fun of me for it. Non-fiction FTW!
    I still have to watch the final four hours of the 10-hour OJ thing...and it finally hit Netflix this weekend.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    I still have to watch the final four hours of the 10-hour OJ thing...and it finally hit Netflix this weekend.
    The ESPN one or the FX one? I watched the docu-series on FX and loved it, but I never watched the super long ESPN documentary special.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information