Page 661 of 1171 FirstFirst ... 161 561 611 651 659 660 661 662 663 671 711 761 1161 ... LastLast
Results 9,901 to 9,915 of 17551

Thread: Last movie you saw - and rate it

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

I heard Hanks is really good in that. Im waiting for a movie with him called "The Circle" to come out. My girl Emma is in it with him.

Bridge of Spies 8/10

Well made movie based on actual events. Can't go wrong with Hanks and Spielburg. A little slow in the beginning, but worth watching. Maybe wait for video.
    RIP BroncosFreak and OrangeMane

3. The Following User High Fived chanesaw For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Mr. Holmes- 7/10

Adopted Bronco:
    Rey

Hotel Transylvania 2.

7/10

It was very entertaining. My youngest loved it.

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Howl- 5/10

*Sigh*......Its really difficult these days to get a decent werewolf movie, at least in terms of the werewolf look. Being a big fan of the werewolf genre and loving flicks like The Howling, Bad Moon, Ginger Snaps, and Dog Soldiers i keep hoping a movie will get released where the werewolf doesnt look totally retarded and non scary. And unfortunately this one doesnt live up to my expectations however it does get a few points for the plot and location. The story revolves around passengers on a commuter train during the red eye when the train unexpectedly hits a deer in a foggy forest and wooded area. Soon they began to realize the the driver who went to inspect the damage never came back and now are being hunted by something. Aside from the bad looking werewolves the ending is a bit of a head scratcher as the moon really plays no part despite being one of the focal points. Over the years it has been said that the people trying to make Dog Soldiers 2 have been struggling to come up with a script, well the location and scenery of this movie would of worked out wonderfully with the type of werewolves from Dog Soldiers. With a few changes in the script for the end and couple of other things this could of had massive potential.

Tales of Halloween- 9/10

Now THIS was a treat with a good amount of tricks. 10 directors share 10 stories all interwoven together with some unexpected horror and laughs. The ending could of been a tad better as it was pretty abrupt but doesnt really hurt the movie as a whole all that much. A couple of my favorite stories in this center around a trio of killer teens who ultimately get theirs with a western vibe. Then of course the hilarity of two would be kidnappers who get way more than they bargained for. And then of course there is the pair of couples who are attacked by a group of children to which you say "man i feel bad for them....wait". Doesnt have the flair of something like Creepshow but is certainly in the same vibe and well worth a view.

Adopted Bronco:
    Sammy Winder

Back to the Future. 10/10.

Took the kids to see it in the theatre last night for Back to the Future day.
    The old magic that made it a classic is alive and well.

"Hey you! Get your damn hands off her"
    "Chickens are dope..." - Von Miller

8. The Following 4 Users High Fived EastCoastBronco For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Evil Dead Trap- 4/10

Aside from a couple of good death scenes this was a very subpar horror flick. Early promise, low return.

Love and Mercy- 9/10

Great flick centering around Brian Wilson who was the main songwriter/contributor to the Beach Boys. Story follows two separate timelines for Wilson with the first being when he was in the early stages of the band (played by Paul Dano (There Will Be Blood)) and then an older version of Brian (Played by John Cusack). Also some good performances by Paul Giamatti and Elizabeth Banks. Apparently Brian Wilson suffered from schizophrenic episodes triggered by a variety of things including abuse by his father, drugs, and then being over dosed by his psychiatrist (played by Giamatti). Just another one of those moments where you can kind of understand the brilliance of a song writer like Brian whom i really didnt know much about other than the band itself. Really really good movie.

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

The Green Inferno- 7/10

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon McMustache

Quote Originally Posted by Northman View Post
    The Green Inferno- 7/10
    Eli Roth always shows potential in the trailers for his movies but it never quite pays off. Still, I think he should do his Thanksgiving movie that he spoofed in the Grindhouse trailers. I would watch the hell out of that!

12. The Following User High Fived MasterShake For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Quote Originally Posted by MasterShake View Post
    Eli Roth always shows potential in the trailers for his movies but it never quite pays off. Still, I think he should do his Thanksgiving movie that he spoofed in the Grindhouse trailers. I would watch the hell out of that!
    Yea, my friend really loved Green Inferno but i didnt think it was quite that great overall. Good but not great. I thought he would push the boundaries a little more and while there were a couple of great scenes he scaled back towards the end which disappointed me. lol

14. The Following User High Fived Northman For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

It Follows. 9/10
    Quote Originally Posted by Sting
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

Adopted Bronco:
    Paul George

A couple I've seen over the past month:

Wild: 8.5/10 -- This is a movie based on a biography of a lady who hiked the Pacific Crest Trail alone after suffering a terrible loss, and wrecking her life. Reece Witherspoon does a great job in the role. This movie is one that really sparked something. I don't know how to explain it, but it had me thinking and had my brain twisted up for days. I couldn't sleep the night I watched it due to thinking about it. Maybe it impacted me differently than it would others, and maybe it has to do with my age and my own life experience, but it had a big impact on me. For those who don't know the Pacific Coast Trail (PCT) is over 2,000 miles long from Mexico to Canada along the Pacific coast. It takes months, and is not for the faint of heart. Certainly a challenge for this character who is a novice hiker, and has little in the way of survival/camping training.

Prisoners 6.5/10 -- Decent suspense thriller. Two girls are abducted, and the initial suspect is released by police due to lack of evidence. One of the girls' father becomes obsessed, and kidnaps the alleged kidnapper in order to force him to lead him to his daughter. Jake Gyllenhall plays a police detective, Hugh Jackman is the Father. A great cast does a good job with a so-so storyline.

Interstellar 9/10 -- Loved this movie. I hate that I had to wait so long to get around to it. Really loved it. Great sci-fi space epic, that was put together very well.

17. The Following 4 Users High Fived NightTrainLayne For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

Quote Originally Posted by NightTrainLayne View Post
    A couple I've seen over the past month:

Wild: 8.5/10 -- This is a movie based on a biography of a lady who hiked the Pacific Crest Trail alone after suffering a terrible loss, and wrecking her life. Reece Witherspoon does a great job in the role. This movie is one that really sparked something. I don't know how to explain it, but it had me thinking and had my brain twisted up for days. I couldn't sleep the night I watched it due to thinking about it. Maybe it impacted me differently than it would others, and maybe it has to do with my age and my own life experience, but it had a big impact on me.

Prisoners 6.5/10 -- Decent suspense thriller. Two girls are abducted, and the initial suspect is released by police due to lack of evidence. One of the girls' father becomes obsessed, and kidnaps the alleged kidnapper in order to force him to lead him to his daughter. Jake Gyllenhall plays a police detective, Hugh Jackman is the Father. A great cast does a good job with a so-so storyline.

Interstellar 9/10 -- Loved this movie. I hate that I had to wait so long to get around to it. Really loved it. Great sci-fi space epic, that was put together very well.
    I'll have to check out Wild. And maybe Interstellar.

Adopted Bronco:
    Paul George

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    I'll have to check out Wild. And maybe Interstellar.
    I can't quite put into words why or how Wild affected me. It might just be me. It really challenged me though.

20. The Following User High Fived NightTrainLayne For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Woodlawn. 9 out of 10 Thoroughly enjoyed it.
    BOOM GOES THE DYNAMITE

22. The Following User High Fived Bronco9798 For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information