Page 644 of 1171 FirstFirst ... 144 544 594 634 642 643 644 645 646 654 694 744 1144 ... LastLast
Results 9,646 to 9,660 of 17551

Thread: Last movie you saw - and rate it

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Salo: 120 Days of Sodom (DVD) - NR

Where to even begin?....

Another one of those movies where its not really a bad movie vs good movie, just something that you need to see if you like directors who push the envelope when it comes to depravity and all things taboo. Released in 1975 and directed by Pier Paola Pasolini and the best way to describe it is what they have via on the Wiki page,

The film focuses on four wealthy, corrupt fascist libertines after the fall of Benito Mussolini's Italy in July 1943. The libertines kidnap eighteen teenagers and subject them to four months of extreme violence, sadism, and sexual and mental torture. The film is noted for exploring the themes of political corruption, abuse of power, sadism, perversion, sexuality and fascism.
    Again, i warn anyone that this type of movie is not for those with the faint of heart and unable to handle very extreme scenes and imagery. I simply could not rate it because while it is wonderfully shot and certainly pushes the boundaries of one's morality its not a movie i need to see more than once. The description from Wiki really wont do it justice in terms of sheer disgust and depravity as you have just about everything imaginable happening (golden showers, defecation, rape, sodomy, etc). Never the less, this movie managed to gain critical acclaim from various historians and critics a like despite how controversial it was and still is. Only view this if you have a interest in cinematography in general.

2. The Following User High Fived Northman For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    only Von

Ah Pasolini. Breaking out the classics, north. As a film elitist, I approve.

Seek out El Topo next.

4. The Following User High Fived aberdien For This Post:

I rented a movie called Cut Bank. a good cast, not a bad flick. I would give it a 7 out of 10

Goodfellas - 10/10

"You really are a funny guy!"

Quote Originally Posted by Timmy! View Post
    Effing school zones suck. It's only a matter of time before I get nailed in one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Valar Morghulis View Post
    I take the fat out of the pan once no longer hot, smear it all over my genitals, then enter consenting people with my tumescent member.

Adopted Bronco:
    Rey

Quote Originally Posted by weazel View Post
    Goodfellas - 10/10

"You really are a funny guy!"
    Funny haha?

8. The Following User High Fived Valar Morghulis For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Rey

Pompeii 6/10

Alright. Nice to see Jon snow kick ass.

Adopted Bronco:
    Rey

Drive with Ryan Gosling.
    10/10

Brilliant movie. Should have been shot in black and white.

Loved the dynamic between Carey mulligan and Ryan goslings character - even though they hardly spoke .

11. The Following 4 Users High Fived Valar Morghulis For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Drive with Ryan Gosling.
    10/10

Loved the dynamic between Carey mulligan and Ryan goslings character - even though they hardly spoke .

I dont think it was quite a 10/10 but definitely a good movie.

I think I gave Drive a 9.5/10.....I wonder if Buff even ended up seeing it.
    Quote Originally Posted by King87 View Post
    All must hail NostraTimmy!
    Quote Originally Posted by chazoe60 View Post
    Nostratimmy was right again. All hail nostratimmy.
    Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    I’m the hobbit.

14. The Following 2 Users High Fived Timmy! For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Rey

Unlikley Hero - it was weird, i thought it was terrible, but could not stop watching.

A dysfunctional author (Jeff Daniels) with an imaginary friend (Ryan Reynolds) struggles to write a new book. Meets equally dysfunctional teen (emma stone) yadda yadda yadda blah blah blah - you know how the rest goes.

Emma Stone plays a great part and it has a really nice ending
    Last edited by Valar Morghulis; 07-01-2015 at 05:40 PM.

Drive with Ryan Gosling.
    10/10

Gosling hardly speaks in any movie. He just kind of lurks on screen, women stare at him and in the next scene they're in bed. That's probably what his real life is like too.

Quote Originally Posted by Timmy! View Post
    Effing school zones suck. It's only a matter of time before I get nailed in one.
    I take the fat out of the pan once no longer hot, smear it all over my genitals, then enter consenting people with my tumescent member.

17. The Following User High Fived weazel For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    only Von

Drive is sortof modern day Taxi Driver. Not as good, and somewhat pretentious (that director's movies are always pretentious). But I liked it.

I liked his movie Valhalla Rising and thought it was better but thinking back on it I'm not sure. You should watch that one Dave.

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

There are aspects of Valhalla Rising i liked but the movie was just far too slow for me. Im waiting for Northmen to get released which im really excited for. I was hoping VR would have more action than it did. The scenery and cinematography was great though.

20. The Following 2 Users High Fived Northman For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon McMustache

Terminator: Genisys 7/10

I had a lot of fun with this movie. It didn't take itself as seriously as the very flawed Terminator: Salvation and was more action packed than Terminator 3. The plot essentially gives us a bit more insight to Kyle Reese's story from the first film and we get to spend some more time in the future war at the beginning of the movie. This time however when Kyle is making the jump he sees John Connor being attacked by a Terminator infiltrator with Skynet's AI which alters the timeline in 1984. When he arrives in 1984 (which features a very impressive CG young Arnold) he finds an already battle hardened Sara Connor and her older Arnold protector who goes by the nick name "Pops". So instead of Kyle saving Sara she instead steps in and saves HIM which essentially kicks off a new Terminator timeline and probably more sequels if this movie does well.

The plot is easy enough to follow and the action is frenetic and easy to see. The nostalgia factor from the scenes in 1984 is really fun and the new twist with John Connor opens up some interesting possibilities. This movie is for fans of T1 an T2 and is essentially Terminator 2.5 (even James Cameron gave this movie his blessing), just don't go in expecting anything earth-shattering and you will have a good time. This movie is similar to Jurassic World in that it is essentially a reworking of the original film that kind of ignores the weaker sequel entries in the series. It feels very much like an 80's/90's action movie with modern special effects. You enjoyment of the movie will vary on how appealing that previous sentence is to your tastes.

22. The Following 2 Users High Fived MasterShake For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Rey

Watching Serena.

I love this era in your history.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information