Page 1163 of 1170 FirstFirst ... 163 663 1063 1113 1153 1161 1162 1163 1164 1165 ... LastLast
Results 17,431 to 17,445 of 17550

Thread: Last movie you saw - and rate it

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Oh, and Chazoe, make sure you stay until the very end of the credits. There is a post credit scene.

2. The Following User High Fived Northman For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by Northman View Post
    Oh, and Chazoe, make sure you stay until the very end of the credits. There is a post credit scene.
    Cool, thanks for that. I wouldn't have even thought about that. Comic book movies I always just ask my son if there's an end credit scene, there always is I guess.
    Let's Rid3!!!!

4. The Following User High Fived chazoe60 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Watching a series of short films called Holidays, it's on Shudder. The one I just finished pissed me off.

It was about a sweatshop webcam boss who had the tables turned on him. Only it was way too feminist and plainly offensive. It really made me think and reflect on the medium in this oddly hyper-meta way. Then I saw that it was directed by Kevin Smith, and I thought, how beautifully subversive.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sting
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

Quote Originally Posted by Tned View Post
    Couldn't decide if it was watch worthy. On the one hand, Margot Robbie. That nearly makes it much watch on its own. On the other, it looks like one of those overthought, over written, and not sure how else to describe, indie type film, that I often find very hard to watch.
    It had a bit of a “Cohen Brothers” feel to me.
    “If there are no animals in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went.” - Will Rogers (paraphrased)

Quote Originally Posted by chazoe60 View Post
    I didn't like it as much as you but I did like it. I like the sparkly vampire guy as an actor, he's really ******* good, whoda thought?
    It was better than I was thinking. Probably did, now that you mention it, have a low expectation in part due to sparkly vampire dude.

Joker, I will never watch again, The Batman was solid.

Quote Originally Posted by spikerman View Post
    It had a bit of a “Cohen Brothers” feel to me.
    And, I'm probably 50/50 on their films, and even the ones I've watched and thought, hey, that was pretty good, they are rarely movies I watch a second time.

But, then there is Margot Robbie...

9. The Following User High Fived Tned For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by Tned View Post
    And, I'm probably 50/50 on their films, and even the ones I've watched and thought, hey, that was pretty good, they are rarely movies I watch a second time.

But, then there is Margot Robbie...
    I love the Coen Bros. There's a few I'm meh with but the ones I like I really like.
    Let's Rid3!!!!

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

John Wick 4 -----8.75/10

Really loved it.

This had my favorite set piece yet of any John Wick movie, the overhead multi room shootout scene. The best part of this movie was the introduction of 2 amazing characters, each of which could be the stars of spinoff movies. Caine, a blind assassin played by the same actor that played the blind Jedi in Rogue one(one of my all time favorite SW characters) and Mr. Nobody/kickass K9 companion. The Mr Nobody character is the one I really want to see a spinoff for. He probably nudges Caine for me just because they did a great job of literally giving us nothing about his backstory. I live the book motif giving us a tiny glimpse into what this cat is up to.

Now I'll talk about the couple of things that bothered me.

The opening scene was cool but it sort of took me out of it that John killed the last guy on horseback and dismounted immediately at the makeshift camp for the Sheik. Seems silly but I would have much preferred he killed the guy and rode a while to the camp. It was just way too convenient even for an over the top action movie.

I enjoyed the dance club fight/shootout scene except for everyone just continuing to watch and even extremely mildly recoil but never react. It just seemed odd and took me out of it a little especially when he walks out after that scene and then everyone is fleeing? Like the 30 murders that took place 5 minutes earlier didn't bother you but now you're running away?.

This is the one thing about John Wick movies that sorta bugs me. Like the scene with John Wick and Common's character having a "silenced" gun fight in a crowd and no one notices?

Still a phenomenal series.
    Let's Rid3!!!!

12. The Following 4 Users High Fived chazoe60 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon McMustache

Quote Originally Posted by chazoe60 View Post
    John Wick 4 -----8.75/10

Really loved it.

This had my favorite set piece yet of any John Wick movie, the overhead multi room shootout scene. The best part of this movie was the introduction of 2 amazing characters, each of which could be the stars of spinoff movies. Caine, a blind assassin played by the same actor that played the blind Jedi in Rogue one(one of my all time favorite SW characters) and Mr. Nobody/kickass K9 companion. The Mr Nobody character is the one I really want to see a spinoff for. He probably nudges Caine for me just because they did a great job of literally giving us nothing about his backstory. I live the book motif giving us a tiny glimpse into what this cat is up to.

Now I'll talk about the couple of things that bothered me.

The opening scene was cool but it sort of took me out of it that John killed the last guy on horseback and dismounted immediately at the makeshift camp for the Sheik. Seems silly but I would have much preferred he killed the guy and rode a while to the camp. It was just way too convenient even for an over the top action movie.

I enjoyed the dance club fight/shootout scene except for everyone just continuing to watch and even extremely mildly recoil but never react. It just seemed odd and took me out of it a little especially when he walks out after that scene and then everyone is fleeing? Like the 30 murders that took place 5 minutes earlier didn't bother you but now you're running away?.

This is the one thing about John Wick movies that sorta bugs me. Like the scene with John Wick and Common's character having a "silenced" gun fight in a crowd and no one notices?

Still a phenomenal series.
    I'm REALLY late to the John Wick party but started watching the series this week. Watching part 3 soon after seeing the first 2 and its nice just to have a great set of action movies with no romance subplots or filler crap. There's just enough world building to make it interesting (the Continental, the switchboard/office pool for setting up contracts, etc.). It feels like they take the best parts of 80's and 90's actions movies and make it their own. Really looking to seeing the rest now.

14. The Following User High Fived MasterShake For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

Quote Originally Posted by MasterShake View Post
    I'm REALLY late to the John Wick party but started watching the series this week. Watching part 3 soon after seeing the first 2 and its nice just to have a great set of action movies with no romance subplots or filler crap. There's just enough world building to make it interesting (the Continental, the switchboard/office pool for setting up contracts, etc.). It feels like they take the best parts of 80's and 90's actions movies and make it their own. Really looking to seeing the rest now.
    This begs the question - what are the best parts of 80s and 90s action movies?

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by MasterShake View Post
    It really is a great series. As a gun guy I can tell you that even though it's far fetched and outlandish, the gun handling is expert level. They do a very good job of realistic gun handling. I've seen some gun YT guys that have poured over it and they can only find a few spots where they fire more rounds than that gun actually holds or any screw ups like that.

Keanu's Jujitsu is on point as well.
    Let's Rid3!!!!

17. The Following User High Fived chazoe60 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Paul George

I've watched John Wick 1, 2 & 3. They are fun action flicks. I didn't watch them until #3 came out.

Am I alone in thinking by #3 that I'm just watching the same movie over and over again. Some new stunts and camera work, but it seems pretty repetitive. Is #4 really anything new?

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon McMustache

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    This begs the question - what are the best parts of 80s and 90s action movies?
    80's Action=Over the top violence and paper thin story

90's action=highly stylized killing over techno music

John Wick has both!

And this is a truly objective fact and not up for discussion.

HEY LOOK! A SCORSESE MOVIE! GO ON... GIT!

20. The Following 3 Users High Fived MasterShake For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon McMustache

Quote Originally Posted by NightTrainLayne View Post
    I've watched John Wick 1, 2 & 3. They are fun action flicks. I didn't watch them until #3 came out.

Am I alone in thinking by #3 that I'm just watching the same movie over and over again. Some new stunts and camera work, but it seems pretty repetitive. Is #4 really anything new?
    I am with you here, I enjoyed them but I have no desire to ever sit down and purposely watch them again. Their replay value is super low, but they are "fun".

EDIT: But to add another positive point, I think I just love that these movies are like an hour and half. Getting real sick of some of these 3 hour movies that I need to watch 3 other movies and 15 TV shows beforehand in order to not lose the plot.
    Last edited by MasterShake; 03-29-2023 at 03:02 PM.

22. The Following 2 Users High Fived MasterShake For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Quote Originally Posted by NightTrainLayne View Post

Not really but thats kind of the point in some ways. The idea is Wick is just having to go up the ladder to the next baddie in order to get out from THE TABLE. But what the series is doing is adding in some great actors to participate in the series as well. Wick 4 features martial arts masters Donnie Yen, Scott Adkins, and Hiroyuki Sanada.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information