Page 799 of 799 FirstFirst ... 299 699 749 789 797 798 799
Results 11,971 to 11,974 of 11974

Thread: Last movie you saw - and rate it

Adopted Bronco:
    Jamaal Siemian & Trevor Charles

Quote Originally Posted by Von Kinger View Post
    The magicians is funny in a dark juvenile way.
    I read the book and stopped about two-thirds in. I have no doubts it's entertaining, but something about it turned me off hard.

I guess Peaky isn't really a movie, but I've never been one on that kind of hard distinction. I always thought Lonesome Dove was one of the best long movies of all time.

I watched Peaky Blinders a few months back but the first episode didn't grab me. At your insistence, Mayor, I made sure to give it more effort a couple of weeks ago. I think it was fair to turn away from it, because the initial setting of the table was a bit painful. But once the table was set it was a fine meal.

Easily the best part of the show is Cillian Murphy, the actor of the main character. I read an interview and realized he was the kind of person that I tend to immensely like on a personal basis. Great taste in music (it might have been him that suggested Bowie and Radiohead cuts for certain crucial moments in season 3), sensitive, and lived a life not at all like the gangster boss he portrayed. He said there wasn't a more polar opposite person from Thomas Shelby than himself. But he knew a thing or two about that kind of personality and played it perfectly. What a great actor. Peaky Blinders is, more or less, the story of Cillian Murphy's character and it's excellent.

I could ramble about other actors and characters, for example the dutchess was incredible, the inspector guy was solid, and Arthur was amazing. I like it when a series has some meat on its bones (really if it's complete with a reasonably finale), and the first three seasons was that. I'd give it a 9/10. It's not Breaking Bad, but it's just a notch below that. Definitely worth the watch.
    The sharp edge of a razor is difficult to pass over; thus the wise say the path to Salvation is hard.

2. The Following User High Fived Hawgdriver For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    PAXTON LYNCH

Peaky Blinders is one of my favorite shows. If I had to add anything, the tertiary characters always felt like they had something to do, and were woven in and out of the plot points very well. It felt like were we in the 'universe' of the show and not just watching it -- it just so happened that the best way to explore the universe would be to spend most of it on Shelby.
    I never treated you like a hype man!

Quote Originally Posted by slim View Post
    #thatboydead

I'm not as smart as King.

Quote Originally Posted by Von Kinger View Post
    Peaky Blinders is one of my favorite shows. If I had to add anything, the tertiary characters always felt like they had something to do, and were woven in and out of the plot points very well. It felt like were we in the 'universe' of the show and not just watching it -- it just so happened that the best way to explore the universe would be to spend most of it on Shelby.
    I loved Tom Hardy's character. He's exceptional at just about every part he plays

Adopted Bronco:
    PAXTON LYNCH

Quote Originally Posted by Al Wilson 4 Mayor View Post
    I loved Tom Hardy's character. He's exceptional at just about every part he plays
    There are days when you post and I go "Hey, look at that guy -- that guy is the truth." Today is one of those days. Mr. Mayor, you're the truth.
    I never treated you like a hype man!

#thatboydead

I'm not as smart as King.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information