Page 1118 of 1170 FirstFirst ... 118 618 1018 1068 1108 1116 1117 1118 1119 1120 1128 1168 ... LastLast
Results 16,756 to 16,770 of 17550

Thread: Last movie you saw - and rate it

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Finished the first movie. Solid 4/10, if not even better. No plot reveal in spoiler tags below, but I put it in tags because I have this subtle way of dissuading momentum towards watching.

Actually not that bad. It's a solid 6.3/10.

I just get my hopes up for something ok-ish. Complaints: slasher-trope boredom, Stranger-Things nostalgia hijacking, too much screen time dedicated to same-sex love interests and social identity dogwhistles (I'd be pissed at hetero--hell, any ---love story focus in this genre, but this traditionalist old white guy felt as if an audience was being pandered to), but most of all, I never gave a damn about any of the characters. And none of the concepts so far were even remotely disturbing/fascinating.

So...unless I hear that this series sticks the landing and I need to check it...it's yet another disappoint.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sting
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

2. The Following User High Fived Hawgdriver For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Drew Lock

Quote Originally Posted by Hawgdriver View Post
    I'm also thinking about watching these.
    I need to watch this hatfield mccoy hot saucy action. Damn. Dogbanging you say? Whew. Sweet Fannie Adams, hold my rosary!

But hey, I'm 49 minutes into this Far Street netflix series of three movies. I thought it sucked pretty hard but I'm 49m exactly into the first one and think it may be average! Stay tuned.
    Which HvM is this the National Geographic or History channel version whatever that miniseries was with Costner?
    "I may not be a mathematician, but I can count to a million." - Shannon Sharpe

Finished the first movie. Solid 4/10, if not even better. No plot reveal in spoiler tags below, but I put it in tags because I have this subtle way of dissuading momentum towards watching.

Actually not that bad. It's a solid 6.3/10.

I just get my hopes up for something ok-ish. Complaints: slasher-trope boredom, Stranger-Things nostalgia hijacking, too much screen time dedicated to same-sex love interests and social identity dogwhistles (I'd be pissed at hetero--hell, any ---love story focus in this genre, but this traditionalist old white guy felt as if an audience was being pandered to), but most of all, I never gave a damn about any of the characters. And none of the concepts so far were even remotely disturbing/fascinating.

So...unless I hear that this series sticks the landing and I need to check it...it's yet another disappoint.
    I have no idea what much of this means. Your thought process often seems inverted and confuses me. I think you would be most valuable to this community by deleting your account.

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoNut View Post
    I have no idea what much of this means. Your thought process often seems inverted and confuses me. I think you would be most valuable to this community by deleting your account.
    Don't think of it as a thought 'process', it's more like hey here's some thoughts, in an order.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sting
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

6. The Following User High Fived Hawgdriver For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Northman View Post
    Werewolves Within (Amazon)- 7/10

Basically the premise is you have a ranger who comes to Beaverfield on a new assignment. But quickly he learns that the people of the town are divided over a new pipeline that is supposed to be made. In the midst of all that people start to disappear and before long they begin to suspect that a creature is behind the killings. The movie has some good laughs in it and the AT&T girl is cute as usual. Not horrible but wasnt as great as i was anticipating when i first saw the trailer.

Gunpowder Milkshake (Netflix)- 6/10

With an allstar female cast this hitwoman film tries much to hard to be a John Wick copycat and unfortunately falls a bit flat with its presentation of been there, done that. The extremely hot Karen Gillan plays a young assassin who must team up with her estranged mother and former assassin collegues in an attempt to save a little girl whom Gillan's character is protecting. Unfortunately even the extremely talented Paul Giamatti couldnt make this film any better.

The Empty Man (HBOMax)- 8/10

Pretty decent horror/suspense flick of an ex-cop who while trying to find a missing girl uncovers a secret world of a cult that she may be involved in. The film does a nice job with the plot twists and for a horror movie running 2 hours 15 minutes at least puts some good thought into its presentation. Only downfall for me personally is ive kind of seen this before and done much better with 1988's "Spellbinder" movie featuring the late Kelly Preston.
    I thought Gunpowder Milkshake was a decent time killer, but not a great movie, but still a fun watch.

Another John Wick copycat is Nobody. Main star is in Nobody is one of the guys from Better Call Saul (never watched it or Breaking Bad, so no idea what role he's played).

It's almost like a "I have unique skills" Liam Neeson film meets an even more cartoonish John Wick. Extensive, but no always very believable, fight scenes. Overall, an enjoyable movie and I'll probably watch it again down the road, but nothing spectacular. I would go 7.5/10, or in Vudu terms a little better than 3.5 stars our of 5. That said, the Vudu community rated it MUCH higher. It's one of the higher rated films I've seen and they have it at over 4.5 stars. Looks like probably about 4.7 or so, so the Vudu community loved this move.

I like the story overall, I only ding it for the fight sequences just being too cartoonish, not realistic enough for my taste, but overall I really like the movie.

8. The Following User High Fived Tned For This Post:

Don't think of it as a thought 'process', it's more like hey here's some thoughts, in an order.
    Much better!

Adopted Bronco:
    Always King87

10/10. “Coach Carter”. One of the best by Samuel L Jackson.

11. The Following 3 Users High Fived Nomad For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Wrath of Man- 9/10

Jason Statham, nuff said.

Dont Breathe- 8/10

Steven Lang plays a blind retired war vet who recently had lost his daughter in a car accident. Then one night 3 thugs try to rob his residence with dire consequences.

Bill & Ted Face the Music- 5/10

Yikes.... even the lovely Samara Weaving could not save this. Stick to John Wick Keanu.

Watched Hitman's Wife's Bodyguard and it was even wackier than the first, which I rewatched a few weeks ago. Maybe a 6 or 7/10, just cause I love Ryan Reynolds, and so bonus points of Salma Hayak's potty mouth. Go in with low expectations and it's a decent time killer.

We watched Like Father on netflix last night, which was about Kristen Bell and Kelsey Grammar reconnecting after not seeing each other for 25 years. It was an enjoyable, feel good dramedy.

I'm not a horror fan. As such, I've never watched the Aliens series, and many other creature type films.

I do like Blunt and Krazinsky (sp??), however, and with Quiet place having a very high Vudu rating, I decided to give it a try.

It was actually pretty good. It's a pretty interesting take, both on horror and just acting in general, as there is VERY limited dialogue in the movie. To my surprise, I actually liked it. I would say it's a solid 8/10, maybe a bit higher, as the actors all did a great job of acting with virtually no verbal lines.

We are going to watch II either tonight or tomorrow.

Adopted Bronco:
    Always King87

“Jupiter Ascending” with my daughter. My daughter loves this movie, and that’s all that matters to me.

16. The Following 3 Users High Fived Nomad For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Oooooof.

18. The Following 2 Users High Fived Northman For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Shelby Harris

The pandemic has absolutely destroyed movie quality across the board. Even tv shows are rushed and low quality from struggling to keep up with the demand for new content with everybody home and binging. I can’t think of the last movie that blew me away. Maybe ‘the endless’ and ‘annihilation’. And those are from 2017/18

Adopted Bronco:
    Dogfish

Space Jam 2 - 10/10

One of the best family movies of all time, this is one for the ages!

Adopted Bronco:
    Shelby Harris

That’s not exactly stylin man

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information