Page 577 of 1170 FirstFirst ... 77 477 527 567 575 576 577 578 579 587 627 677 1077 ... LastLast
Results 8,641 to 8,655 of 17550

Thread: Last movie you saw - and rate it

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoJoe View Post
    I have Eraser on in the background. It's making it tough to focus on work. What the hell - it's the last day of the fiscal month...

Vanessa Williams is pretty hot. I like that she's wearing blue jeans and an orange sweater.
    With all the great movies Arnie made i often forget about that flick but do love that movie.

2. The Following User High Fived Northman For This Post:

Machine Gun Preacher with Gerard Butler. 5/10. His character is admirable but the movie wasn't that good.

Adopted Bronco:
    Rey

I watched the first two hunger games with my daughter's yesterday and took them to the third one today.

Awesome. 10/10
    Seriously, I loved it.

It just crash landed in my top ten all time list.

Great story, sound track, great casting, good acting, good humour. It is clearly a teen movie but I totally loved it.

5. The Following 2 Users High Fived Valar Morghulis For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

We went and saw Interstellar yesterday. I hate giving ratings, but I really enjoyed it. A few people here didn't like the ending - I thought it was a stretch, but didn't affect my enjoyment. My wife teared up several times!

Son and I saw Big Hero 6 last weekend. Excellent as well.

7. The Following 2 Users High Fived BroncoJoe For This Post:

Mocking Jay Part 1- 6/10

This is the reason they should not get greedy and split movies. It was boring. I know that they are just setting up the finale, but it seemed like almost nothing happened. Loved the first two, and I will surely love the next one, but I wish I had saved my money and rented this one before watching part 2 next November.

The Chef- 8/10

Enjoyable movie.

Sin City 2- Not nearly as good as the first, but I still liked it.
    RIP BroncosFreak and OrangeMane

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon McMustache

Dumb and Dumber To - hard to rate this one. It was an awful movie that made me laugh but I won't recommend it to anyone. I liked it more than I should have and I loved how self deprecating it was. The first is a comedy classic, this was just a nostalgic distraction. The whole thing felt like a time capsule of 90's comedies in all the best and worst ways.

10. The Following User High Fived MasterShake For This Post:

OB

Adopted Bronco:
    Paul George

Quote Originally Posted by MasterShake View Post
    Dumb and Dumber To - hard to rate this one. It was an awful movie that made me laugh but I won't recommend it to anyone. I liked it more than I should have and I loved how self deprecating it was. The first is a comedy classic, this was just a nostalgic distraction. The whole thing felt like a time capsule of 90's comedies in all the best and worst ways.
    Damn. I thought that would have to be really good to get those guys to sign on again after so many years.

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon McMustache

Quote Originally Posted by NightTrainLayne View Post
    Damn. I thought that would have to be really good to get those guys to sign on again after so many years.
    Thats the thing though, you can tell the guys were having a great time making it and I did like the movie, but I'm just afraid that my judgment on this one is clouded by nostalgia so its hard to give it a rating or recommendation. I think if you go into knowing that this is pretty much the same film as the first with a different setting you can enjoy it for what it is, but like most comedies you have to be on a certain wavelength while watching to get the most out of it.

13. The Following User High Fived MasterShake For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Quote Originally Posted by daveaitken18 View Post
    I watched the first two hunger games with my daughter's yesterday and took them to the third one today.

Awesome. 10/10
    Seriously, I loved it.

It just crash landed in my top ten all time list.

Great story, sound track, great casting, good acting, good humour. It is clearly a teen movie but I totally loved it.
    Too bad the writer basically ripped off this movie series (which is better anyway)

Hunger games sucks. That is all.
    Quote Originally Posted by King87 View Post
    All must hail NostraTimmy!
    Quote Originally Posted by chazoe60 View Post
    Nostratimmy was right again. All hail nostratimmy.
    Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    I’m the hobbit.

Adopted Bronco:
    Von

In reality the Hunger Games and Battle Royale can be said to be loosely based off the Lord of the Rings and even Stephen King's The Long Walk
    Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    More Americans have been killed by New England Patriots players than by Ebola.

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon McMustache

Quote Originally Posted by OB View Post
    In reality the Hunger Games and Battle Royale can be said to be loosely based off the Lord of the Rings and even Stephen King's The Long Walk
    What?! Movies NEVER borrow from one another. My favorite movie is about a young man (Luke, Harry Potter, or Neo... I can't remember his name) who is thrust into a new world where he finds an inner strength and power after being guided by a wise old man (I think his name was Obi-Morpheus Gandalf). After losing his wise old mentor, he must find the strength to carry on and destroy the Death Star Ring in the fires of Mount Voldermort.

All fantasy/action/adventure type movies are cut from the same basic mythological cloth. Hunger Games may have ripped off Battle Royale a bit but they are just taking common themes and adding new elements. Battle Royale even borrows from older movies like The Most Dangerous Game. As long as the movies explore these themes in new and interesting ways I say keep em coming. Still haven't seen Hunger Games, but Battle Royale was great.

18. The Following 8 Users High Fived MasterShake For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

What?! Movies NEVER borrow from one another. My favorite movie is about a young man (Luke, Harry Potter, or Neo... I can't remember his name) who is thrust into a new world where he finds an inner strength and power after being guided by a wise old man (I think his name was Obi-Morpheus Gandalf). After losing his wise old mentor, he must find the strength to carry on and destroy the Death Star Ring in the fires of Mount Voldermort.

All fantasy/action/adventure type movies are cut from the same basic mythological cloth. Hunger Games may have ripped off Battle Royale a bit but they are just taking common themes and adding new elements. Battle Royale even borrows from older movies like The Most Dangerous Game. As long as the movies explore these themes in new and interesting ways I say keep em coming. Still haven't seen Hunger Games, but Battle Royale was great.
    Thats the problem for me though, the HG's flicks are very boring and uninteresting. While movies tend to borrow at times some are just flat out way better. But i admit, i have gotten pretty tired of all the remakes in the past few years as they are complete shit to me.

better or worse then a million ways to die in the west?

I absolutely LOVED that movie.
    I paid to download the mustache song (blasted it during the middle of my fantasy football draft this year too)
    The Plan at the moment:

Draft: Trade a 3rd and 6th this year to a team to move up and get a 2nd next year (this will happen).

Players I want:
    Jake Ferguson (Jake Butt) or Jelani Woods or Jeremy Ruckert or Cade Otten (owen daniels) at TE- All 4th rd or later.
    Troy Anderson LB 3rd/4th rd (yay Timmy!)
    Neil Farrell, JR DL- run stuffer- bye purcell

21. The Following User High Fived underrated29 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon McMustache

Quote Originally Posted by underrated29 View Post
    better or worse then a million ways to die in the west?

I absolutely LOVED that movie.
    I paid to download the mustache song (blasted it during the middle of my fantasy football draft this year too)
    Gah! I can't answer that either! I loved A Million Ways to Die in the West but most people I know hated it. Dumb and Dumber To is a different movie altogether. Dumb and Dumber To basically copied the formula of the first film in a new setting so it was funny in a familiar way and it was just nice to see Jim Carrey act in a comedy like that again.

A Million Ways to Die in the West on the other hand was a lot more edgier than people give it credit for and definitely only for people with a certain sense of humor, which I guess is just us.

23. The Following 2 Users High Fived MasterShake For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information