Page 1137 of 1171 FirstFirst ... 137 637 1037 1087 1127 1135 1136 1137 1138 1139 1147 ... LastLast
Results 17,041 to 17,055 of 17558

Thread: Last movie you saw - and rate it

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

JFK Revisited: Through the Looking Glass.

Fascinating.

Adopted Bronco:
    Sammy Winder

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoJoe View Post
    JFK Revisited: Through the Looking Glass.

Fascinating.
    I just watched that last week as well.
    I loved the original JFK movie that he did and this is just as solid in my book.
    I always feel very small and insignificant when I think of how powerful institutions like the CIA and FBI really are...

P.S. I always look away from that "moment" in the Zapruder film.
    It takes your mind a while to realize that it's a real guy getting his head literally blown off and not just special effects.
    Last edited by EastCoastBronco; 11-30-2021 at 10:05 AM.
    "Chickens are dope..." - Von Miller

3. The Following User High Fived EastCoastBronco For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Dangerous Freedom Lock

Last Duel 10/10

I watched The Power of the Dog over the weekend. Released in theaters on 11/17 and on Netflix 12/1. Stars Benedict Cumberbatch, Jesse Plemons, Kirsten Dunst, and Kodi Smit-McPhee. Written and directed by Jane Campion. I really don’t know exactly what to say about it. It’s not what I expected, and it’s not terribly enjoyable to watch. And yet the last 15 minutes or so redeems the movie and I found myself thinking it was “good” when it was over. Reviews are solid, 88 on Metacritic and 96% on Rotten Tomatoes. I have no idea how to rate it. I thought this reviewer said it well:

“…whenever Cumberbatch, who plays Phil Burbank, a rancher in the 1920s, appears on screen your stomach tightens. What is he up to? Sometimes it’s monstrous. Sometimes it’s nothing. But if it’s nothing, it’s probably a ruse to soften you up for something bad later.

This may not sound like a particularly enjoyable experience. But thanks to the brilliance of both Campion and Cumberbatch, it’s exquisite agony.”

https://www.azcentral.com/story/ente...ew/8770940002/

I suspect this movie will generate some Oscar nominations, perhaps including best picture. So, give it a shot!
    Last edited by Mozzafiato; 12-07-2021 at 05:23 PM.

6. The Following 2 Users High Fived Mozzafiato For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Spdierman: No Way Home- 10/10

Powerful, Emotional, Nostalgic, and Brilliant.

8. The Following 2 Users High Fived Northman For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Northman View Post
    Spdierman: No Way Home- 10/10

Powerful, Emotional, Nostalgic, and Brilliant.
    Reading between the lines, I think you liked it. Correct?

10. The Following User High Fived Tned For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon McMustache

Matrix: Resurrections 9/10

Seeing Spider-Man next week, but I made it a point to see this in theaters with a friend that’s a huge fan of the series. I always loved the first and thought the sequels were “ok”, but was not expecting the new one to be THIS good. It’s self referential in all the best ways, and I love how they ease you back into the story slowly and everything is easy to understand without being dumbed down.

The plot unfolds with bits of action as interludes, and of course it crescendos with an epic scene at the end but it really feels like this movie is not a sequel for sequels sake. This is a revisit with old friends, not a reboot or a cash grab.

The Wachowskis (even if it’s just one of them this time) were always very possessive of this story and it’s characters and weren’t going to go back to this unless they had a reason and it shows. There’s plenty of meta commentary and world expanding without it ever feeling soulless. That’s an impressive feat these days.

12. The Following 6 Users High Fived MasterShake For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Dogfish

How was the new Morpheus?

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon McMustache

Quote Originally Posted by King87 View Post
    How was the new Morpheus?
    His role in the story was a bit different but still important, but the actor who plays him is great.
    Last edited by MasterShake; 12-23-2021 at 09:12 AM.

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon McMustache

Lol reading some discussion/review threads on the new Matrix movie this morning around the Internet and it sounds like a love it/hate it movie. Will be interesting to see what others think. I’m watching it again with my son tonight on HBO Max will have to see if my needle moves at all.

Edit: the best take I’ve seen is that this movie is an epilogue to the first 3. Maybe that’s why it resonated with me.
    Last edited by MasterShake; 12-23-2021 at 03:34 PM.

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Will probably get around to watching it but i didnt care for the 2nd or 3rd movie in the series at all. The first one was amazing but im not sure how i will feel about Resurrections since i didnt like the last 2. If its on HBO Max i may give it a whirl but it looks like on RT its holding about a 60% for both critics and audiences.

17. The Following User High Fived Northman For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Paul George

Quote Originally Posted by MasterShake View Post
    Matrix: Resurrections 9/10

Seeing Spider-Man next week, but I made it a point to see this in theaters with a friend that’s a huge fan of the series. I always loved the first and thought the sequels were “ok”, but was not expecting the new one to be THIS good. It’s self referential in all the best ways, and I love how they ease you back into the story slowly and everything is easy to understand without being dumbed down.

The plot unfolds with bits of action as interludes, and of course it crescendos with an epic scene at the end but it really feels like this movie is not a sequel for sequels sake. This is a revisit with old friends, not a reboot or a cash grab.

The Wachowskis (even if it’s just one of them this time) were always very possessive of this story and it’s characters and weren’t going to go back to this unless they had a reason and it shows. There’s plenty of meta commentary and world expanding without it ever feeling soulless. That’s an impressive feat these days.

Question for you.

I saw all of the original Matrix movies, and was kind of disappointed in the sequels.

A few years ago, I watched the original with my daughter and told her, "Don't ruin the experience by watching the sequels". The first one leaves you wanting more, but it's better that way.

So. . .. for someone who only saw the first one, would they be missing too much from the sequels? Should we sit down and watch the sequels before seeing the new one.

19. The Following 2 Users High Fived NightTrainLayne For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon McMustache

Quote Originally Posted by NightTrainLayne View Post
    Question for you.

I saw all of the original Matrix movies, and was kind of disappointed in the sequels.

A few years ago, I watched the original with my daughter and told her, "Don't ruin the experience by watching the sequels". The first one leaves you wanting more, but it's better that way.

So. . .. for someone who only saw the first one, would they be missing too much from the sequels? Should we sit down and watch the sequels before seeing the new one.
    It’s hard to answer this because I didn’t care for the sequels a much and saw them only once maybe, but having the broad strokes helped with some of it. The movie does flashback in spots due to the nature of the narrative, and there is heavy exposition at times to keep the viewer up to speed.

That being said, this movie ties into the themes of the first Matrix the most (binaries, opposites, control, and enlightenment) but not the effortless style and coolness of it.

Nothing will ever be “The Matrix” again in that sense, and this movie pokes fun at the nature of sequels (even its own) and serves to wrap up themes instead of reboot or force a new trilogy. It can stand as a companion piece to the first Matrix as an epilogue like I mentioned earlier, but it feels more like a wrap up to the story of Neo and Trinity then what people “want” it to be. This is not a slick action movie with a mind bending story, this is a reflection on sense of self in an empty world and what gives us purpose.

So basically have her read a synopsis of the full story as a primer and that should be good. Meet the movie on it’s terms and I think most will think its “ok” but know that it’s not as cool as the first Matrix, but also not as wasted of a chance as the original sequels in my opinion.

I’m really surprised how negative some reviews are with this compared to my experience. I feel like I fall in line with most people on the first 3 in terms of enjoyment/rankings and I like how it took a new direction.

MasterShake Too Long/Didn't Read Translator: If the original Matrix was the cool, ground-breaking action packed prologue of the main 3 movies, The Matrix: Resurrections is the reflective epilogue that ties up the Neo/Trinity aspects of that story. You don't need to watch the originals, just know the basics. Also if you don't care for the sequels, this is better but still might not be your cup of tea.
    Last edited by MasterShake; 12-24-2021 at 10:47 AM.

21. The Following User High Fived MasterShake For This Post:

Matrix resurrection

4 out of 10.

It added nothing to the story, was just bad.

23. The Following 2 Users High Fived Rick For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Dogfish

Quote Originally Posted by Rick View Post
    Matrix resurrection

4 out of 10.

It added nothing to the story, was just bad.
    I enjoyed it, but all it did was open the story up for more movies.

I did enjoy the pacing, the homages, and how meta it got with what life is, what the movies were about, etc.

25. The Following User High Fived King87 For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information