Page 730 of 1171 FirstFirst ... 230 630 680 720 728 729 730 731 732 740 780 830 ... LastLast
Results 10,936 to 10,950 of 17561

Thread: Last movie you saw - and rate it

Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    It's always interesting to see how career paths play out. I love A River Runs Through It. Obviously Anthony Hopkins was a legend already and Brad Pitt became one. The main character, not so much. Watched a Criminal Minds episode where he shows up as the antagonist. He was also in one of the Hellraiser sequels.
    Anthony Hopkins? Say what now?

That's legends of the fall man.
    Quote Originally Posted by King87 View Post
    All must hail NostraTimmy!
    Quote Originally Posted by chazoe60 View Post
    Nostratimmy was right again. All hail nostratimmy.
    I’m the hobbit.

2. The Following 3 Users High Fived Timmy! For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Timmy! View Post

I believe he's referring to the guy whom played the the other son to Anthony Hopkins' character, the politician.

Adopted Bronco:
    Von

Madea's Boo

It wasnt bad - i took the grandson - he wanted to see Ouija (2) but his mom said no. It was the only other move playing he wanted to see. I did LOL a few times - it was entertaining.
    Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    More Americans have been killed by New England Patriots players than by Ebola.

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

You got me. That guy went on to do some TV roles.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

6. The Following User High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Al Wilson 4 Mayor View Post
    I believe he's referring to the guy whom played the the other son to Anthony Hopkins' character, the politician.
    it wasn't a river runs through it
    I’m the hobbit.

it wasn't a river runs through it
    Legends of the Fall?

Legends of the Fall?
    I’m the hobbit.

Adopted Bronco:
    Baron Browning, Jaleel McLaughlin

the revenant - 9/10

sooo good. . .

11. The Following 4 Users High Fived dogfish For This Post:

Lol, I got up early today; cut me some slack man

13. The Following User High Fived Al Wilson 4 Mayor For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Baron Browning, Jaleel McLaughlin

Lol, I got up early today; cut me some slack man
    after all the previous scandals of your administration?

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon McMustache

Arrival (2016) 9.5/10

After 12 alien spacecraft appear over 12 seemingly random sites across the globe, a linguistic expert and theoretical physicists (Amy Adams and Jeremy Renner respectively) are recruited to help establish contact with the new visitors to find out their intentions. Soon teams of scientists and military are cooperating from around the world from Pakistan to the U.S. in an effort that brings unprecedented unity across the globe. But after communication is established, a message is put forth that causes panic in Russia, China, and other countries and puts the whole world on edge.

This movie wrecked me in all the best ways. The premise seems simple but this is science fiction in all the best sense of the word. Themes on first contact, communication, perceptions of time, and more are all touched on in a very slow burn of a movie. By the end of the film I felt like I had been hit in the stomach in a very profound way. At it's heart this movie is about the philosophy and language of unconditional love and how we apply worth to the brief moments we get to draw breaths.

With movies I like I tend to type out large reviews, but with movies I love like this one I only have two words. See it. There is a reason this movie is over 90% on rotten tomatoes right now.

EDIT: And if you think this movie all hinges on seeing what the aliens look like at the end, thankfully all is revealed early on so you can just take in the story! I loved that.
    Last edited by MasterShake; 11-13-2016 at 10:26 PM.

16. The Following 4 Users High Fived MasterShake For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Quote Originally Posted by MasterShake View Post
    Arrival (2016) 9.5/10

After 12 alien spacecraft appear over 12 seemingly random sites across the globe, a linguistic expert and theoretical physicists (Amy Adams and Jeremy Renner respectively) are recruited to help establish contact with the new visitors to find out their intentions. Soon teams of scientists and military are cooperating from around the world from Pakistan to the U.S. in an effort that brings unprecedented unity across the globe. But after communication is established, a message is put forth that causes panic in Russia, China, and other countries and puts the whole world on edge.

This movie wrecked me in all the best ways. The premise seems simple but this is science fiction in all the best sense of the word. Themes on first contact, communication, perceptions of time, and more are all touched on in a very slow burn of a movie. By the end of the film I felt like I had been hit in the stomach in a very profound way. At it's heart this movie is about the philosophy and language of unconditional love and how we apply worth to the brief moments we get to draw breaths.

With movies I like I tend to type out large reviews, but with movies I love like this one I only have two words. See it. There is a reason this movie is over 90% on rotten tomatoes right now.

EDIT: And if you think this movie all hinges on seeing what the aliens look like at the end, thankfully all is revealed early on so you can just take in the story! I loved that.

Its very promising that this and Dr. Strange are doing well with both critics and audiences so far.

Doctor Strange - 7/10

The paint by numbers Marvel formula is at work here, but what a beautiful painting it is! The visuals alone are worth the price of admission, and dare I say I regret not seeing it in 3-D or with the aid of one of the newly legal substances here in Colorado?

Benedict Cumberbatch plays a brilliant surgeon who only takes on cases that interest him or that will challenge him. This attitude (along with a photographic memory) make him one of the best in his field, but also one of the most selfish. That all changes one faithful night when he is in a car accident that alters the functionality of his hands. Seeing no other options in western medicine, Dr. Stephen Strange heads east in search of a rumored healer and soon finds more than he bargains for.

For me the first 1/3 of this movie was the most engaging. It was very self-contained for a Marvel Studios movie and I still feel that is when they are at their best. Cumberbatch brings just enough charm and narcissism to Strange to make him likeable but off-putting at times, think of a more subdued Tony Stark type though both end up with goatees. Tilda Swinton plays the "Ancient One" who pushes Doctor Strange into a new world were he must accept new realities and does a great job of being stoic, mysterious, but also oddly warm. The rest of the cast rounds out nicely but once again the villain is forgettable and the big threat at the end takes a back seat to the first part of the movie as it begins to bog down in exposition.

Still this is probably the most brilliantly beautiful Marvel film I have seen once the effects take off. The kaleidoscoping and bending of buildings and patterns are both mathematical and mesmerizing, and the spell effects make you wish sorcery was real. It is a fun diversion, but not much more. Once you see yet ANOTHER glowing orb/portal thing above a city comic book movie apathy may have already sat in. While I prefer the more mythological DC films and things like Winter Soldier in the Marvel Universe, this is still a very good movie. I can't say enough about the special effects, and some of the fight sequences are top notch and well choreographed.

Final thoughts: This movie takes one part Matrix, 2 parts Inception, and sprinkles in some of the classic Marvel formula for an enjoyable but standard comic book movie that is more pretty than it is interesting. This is the 10PM girl at the bar of comic book movies, but it's worth a once-over.
    I liked it a lot. It was no Guardians of the Galaxy, but I'd still put it top 5 for Marvel films. It had a lot of good action, lot of decent humor. I'd probably put it somewhere near this

1.Guardians of the Galaxy
    2. Winter Soldier
    3. Civil War
    4. Doctor Strange

But that's just me obviously...

19. The Following User High Fived Freyaka For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon McMustache

Quote Originally Posted by Freyaka View Post
    I liked it a lot. It was no Guardians of the Galaxy, but I'd still put it top 5 for Marvel films. It had a lot of good action, lot of decent humor. I'd probably put it somewhere near this

2. Winter Soldier
    3. Civil War
    4. Doctor Strange

Nice! My top 5 are pretty close:

1. Guardians of the Galaxy
    2. Civil War
    3. The Avengers
    4. Civil War
    5. Iron Man

I'd put Dr Strange in the top 10, just not sure where just quite yet.

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Quote Originally Posted by Freyaka View Post

2. Winter Soldier
    3. Civil War
    4. Doctor Strange

Nice! My top 5 are pretty close:

1. Guardians of the Galaxy
    2. Civil War
    3. The Avengers
    4. Civil War
    5. Iron Man

I'd put Dr Strange in the top 10, just not sure where just quite yet.

Hmmm,

Mine would probably be:

1. The Avengers
    2. Winter Soldier
    3. Iron Man II/Iron Man
    4. Thor
    5. Civil War

Im surprised how little love Iron Man II generally gets. Not that there isnt some other really good movies but most people i talk didnt like that one which i found strange. The third one was terrible to me but the first 2 were great in my opinion.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information