Page 854 of 1171 FirstFirst ... 354 754 804 844 852 853 854 855 856 864 904 954 ... LastLast
Results 12,796 to 12,810 of 17554

Thread: Last movie you saw - and rate it

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Quote Originally Posted by chazoe60 View Post
    I'll clarify, they were the best horror movies I'VE SEEN in the last couple of years. I shouldn't have to add that because that should be implied. I can't judge movies I haven't seen, except the Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants, i haven't seen that movie but it sucks.
    I am curious though since you have seen Get Out. Is that really a horror movie or more thriller/drama? I have not seen it but have read a synopsis of what it is about but it doesnt come off as a horror film to me so maybe you can give me some clarification there.

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Quote Originally Posted by Northman View Post
    I am curious though since you have seen Get Out. Is that really a horror movie or more thriller/drama? I have not seen it but have read a synopsis of what it is about but it doesnt come off as a horror film to me so maybe you can give me some clarification there.
    I didn't think Get Out was horror as much as psychological thriller. I might be dressed oddly if you put it in the horror bin, but it would fit in. Good flick.

North, did you see Annihilation? Has anyone seen it?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sting
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

3. The Following User High Fived Hawgdriver For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Quote Originally Posted by Hawgdriver View Post
    I didn't think Get Out was horror as much as psychological thriller. I might be dressed oddly if you put it in the horror bin, but it would fit in. Good flick.

Have not seen Annihilation yet either.

Adopted Bronco:
    Sammy Winder

John Wick: Chapter 2
    9.5/10
    Liked it better than the first one...and I loved the first one.
    Can't wait for chapter 3...;-)

Quote Originally Posted by chazoe60 View Post
    It's really good. Really cool fact about this film is that one of the actors who plays a deaf girl is deaf in real life and she was phenomenal. Every acting performance is absolutely top notch.

I loved Get Out which came out last year and was tier 1 for horror but in all honesty I think A Quiet Place is a better film. I don't think it will get as many accolades but IMHO it's a slightly (very slightly) better film.

The cinematography was very good and it's very apparent that John Krasinski has some serious directing chops. He wrote, directed and starred in this film.
    Yea I was reading that John Krasinski beat the table to cast a deaf actress to the part because he thought it would make the performance more genuine. I always liked him on the Office, it's just weird seeing him outside of a goofy role.

Quote Originally Posted by EastCoastBronco View Post
    John Wick: Chapter 2
    9.5/10
    Liked it better than the first one...and I loved the first one.
    Can't wait for chapter 3...;-)
    The John Wick movies are just amazing. Good senseless gory fun. Some of the shotgun kills in JW 2 were so over the top lol

Quote Originally Posted by Hawgdriver View Post

I want to see it, I haven't made time to see it yet.

Just watched Ferdinand with my daughter, Peyton Freaking Manning was hilarious as Guapo the bull. It was cute for a kids movie, Riyah loved it.

Adopted Bronco:
    Sammy Winder

Quote Originally Posted by Freyaka View Post
    The John Wick movies are just amazing. Good senseless gory fun. Some of the shotgun kills in JW 2 were so over the top lol
    The cold open where he goes to get his car back from the Russians is priceless...

Quote Originally Posted by EastCoastBronco View Post
    The cold open where he goes to get his car back from the Russians is priceless...
    Except the poor car gets brutalized lol. But ya, it was pretty freaking awesome.

Adopted Bronco:
    Malik Jackson

Quote Originally Posted by MasterShake View Post
    Ready Player One - 8.5/10

For a movie that bills itself on nostalgia and pop culture references, this was a surprisingly creative film with a fresh and simple story. I would say its basically Willy Wonka meets Tron (Willy Tronka?) and I liked the underlying message. Basically in the future everyone chooses to live their lives almost entirely in virtual reality called The Oasis because real life is a shit show. The creator of this world was a genius, but a flawed one. Before he died, he set out a challenge to all the players to find 3 keys that would ultimately prove they were worthy to take over his shares in the company and run the Oasis as they see fit.

I won't go into the rest of the story here, but just know the previews betray just how fun this flick can be. During the quest for the second key, there is a Stanley Kubrick homage that recreates a certain hotel from one of his best movies to the point that you would almost think they built the damn sets just for this part of the film. This movie is Buff's worst nightmare, as the "key" to finding the keys is to be well versed in the pop-culture references that the creator of the Oasis was obsessed with. But at the end the moral of the story is that what we treasure in the real world is truly what matters, and I think that is an important message these days. But if you are a big nerd like me, you will be picking out little details almost everywhere in certain scenes with references abound from Back to the Future to Japanese anime.

This is golden age Spielberg imagination at it's best and a welcome reprieve from some of his more serious movies as of late which have been hit or miss.

Just saw it. Incredible flick. Very creative and well done. It's a nerd movie so all may not appreciate it. That said...9/10 easily for pure enjoyment level.

13. The Following 4 Users High Fived SmilinAssasSin27 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Kay Adams

The Accountant.

El oh el.
    Quote Originally Posted by Day1BroncoFan View Post
    I'm happier than tom brady in a gay bar....

Adopted Bronco:
    Always King87

"Trading Places"

16. The Following User High Fived Nomad For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Amateur 7/10

Fictional take on the joke that is "amateur" basketball in this country. On Netflix. Not bad. And the basketball is actually fairly believable.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Andre the Giant- 9/10

Good documentary on former wrestler Andre the Giant who ended up passing away far too young. A lot of good insight to the man who was the 8th wonder of the world.

19. The Following 7 Users High Fived Northman For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information