Page 964 of 1170 FirstFirst ... 464 864 914 954 962 963 964 965 966 974 1014 1064 ... LastLast
Results 14,446 to 14,460 of 17550

Thread: Last movie you saw - and rate it

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Quote Originally Posted by chazoe60 View Post
    Captain Marvel 4/10

Not good. I wanted to like this movie because I'm a fan of marvel, but this is one of the worst efforts by them. There are things to like and I dig the hero herself, just thought the movie was not written well and the story was a bit shite. The relationships between the characters felt very forced and not at all genuine.

I think she'll be an awesome addition to The Avengers, but this film itself could have been so much better.
    At first i was kind of shocked by your score but then i went to check RT and the audience seems to feel the same way you do. Yikes

https://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/captain_marvel

Captain Marvel 8/10

I gave it a high score because:

1) I thought it would be absolute crap and it turned out to be way better than expected.
    2) I'm a die hard fan of anything related to the Kree-Skrull War.
    3) It was funnier than expected.

While it was cheesy at times and the graphics were just decent in some shots, I came out of the theater pleasantly surprised.
    Last edited by Devilspawn; 03-10-2019 at 10:18 PM.

3. The Following User High Fived Devilspawn For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon McMustache

Captain Marvel: ★ ★ ★ ½ ☆ ☆

Not the best Marvel movie, not the worst. I'd put this in the same company as the first Captain America which puts it in the second tier of the MCU for me.

The Good: Sam Jackson's Nick Fury gets his time to shine, and all with an impressive de-aging CGI since this film takes place in 1995. The special effects are pretty cool and when the film hits it's stride it is a beauty to behold.

The Bad: Brie Larson (Captain Marvel) was great when interacting with other characters, but when she had to carry the movie on her own she fell a little flat to me. The soundtrack, while great, was a little too on-the-nose in some scenes and cheapened them a bit. I also think they punched a big plot hole in the MCU but I won't go into that here.

Overall the Marvel formula is on full display here, once again proving that the script and charisma of the actors involved are almost as important as the spectacle. I just hope she is not a Deus Ex Machina for the Avengers: Endgame movie.
    Last edited by MasterShake; 03-10-2019 at 08:40 PM.

5. The Following User High Fived MasterShake For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by MasterShake View Post
    Captain Marvel: ★ ★ ★ ½ ☆ ☆

Not the best Marvel movie, not the worst. I'd put this in the same company as the first Iron Man which puts it in the second tier of the MCU for me.

The Good: Sam Jackson's Nick Fury gets his time to shine, and all with an impressive de-aging CGI since this film takes place in 1995. The special effects are pretty cool and when the film hits it's stride it is a beauty to behold.

The Bad: Brie Larson (Captain Marvel) was great when interacting with other characters, but when she had to carry the movie on her own she fell a little flat to me. The soundtrack, while great, was a little too on-the-nose in some scenes and cheapened them a bit. I also think they punched a big plot hole in the MCU but I won't go into that here.

Overall the Marvel formula is on full display here, once again proving that the script and charisma of the actors involved are almost as important as the spectacle. I just hope she is not a Deus Ex Machina for the Avengers: Endgame movie.
    You liked it more than I did. My favorite character was the cat.

7. The Following User High Fived chazoe60 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon McMustache

Quote Originally Posted by chazoe60 View Post
    You liked it more than I did. My favorite character was the cat.
    Actually I screwed up, has to edit to say “first Captain America”. First Iron Man was awesome.

Adopted Bronco:
    Malik Jackson

Absolutely no reason to hate on Captain Marvel. I loved it. I don't see how it is considered slow at any point. Her humor was on point and subtle. Not campy or overdone The 90s references and music were about perfect. Not the best Marvel, but one of the most enjoyable. An easy watch. Haters are just that.
    Last edited by SmilinAssasSin27; 03-10-2019 at 09:42 PM.

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

I like that they used authentic USAFA athletic t-shirts (I only saw the preview). Brought me back...
    Quote Originally Posted by Sting
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon McMustache

Quote Originally Posted by SmilinAssasSin27 View Post
    Absolutely no reason to hate on Captain Marvel. I loved it. I don't see how it is considered slow at any point. Her humor was on point and subtle. Not campy or overdone The 90s references and music were about perfect. Not the best Marvel, but one of the most enjoyable. An easy watch. Haters are just that.
    Yup good not great. I did love her hero moment at the end.

Captain Marvel - 8/10

I never read the comics, so this was an origin story for me. They did a good job explaining to us non fan bios, the who what why and where. This movie was closer to Iron Man 1 and Thor Ragnarok with its humor and lack of darkness.

Man I miss Blockbuster.

I loved the scenes when CM, NF, her bestie, and the Skrull dudes were in the house. Loved the main skrull guy.

True story. Some dude in the theater let out a Big OHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!! when they found out what was in the lunch box. (Didnt want to spoil anything. Those that saw the movie know what I'm talking about). It was as if his whole world was just revealed to him at that very moment. My son could stop laughing. Funny thing is, he is probably just as big of a Marvel Nerd as the other guy, just not as vocal

13. The Following 3 Users High Fived olathebroncofan For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Malik Jackson

My daughter did the same thing..."it all makes sense now"

Captain Marvel

7/10. I enjoyed it and will purchase it. Wife was cracking up throughout.

16. The Following 2 Users High Fived Rick For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by olathebroncofan View Post

True story. Some dude in the theater let out a Big OHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!! when they found out what was in the lunch box. (Didnt want to spoil anything. Those that saw the movie know what I'm talking about). It was as if his whole world was just revealed to him at that very moment. My son could stop laughing. Funny thing is, he is probably just as big of a Marvel Nerd as the other guy, just not as vocal
    Yeah that happened in the theater I was in too, a few people did it lol

I want to see this! Won’t replace Emilios Billy the Kid version in Young Guns but this looks great!
    "Oh I’m sorry, did I break your concentration?”
    Jules Winnfield - Pulp Fiction

Adopted Bronco:
    Rey

Free Solo

Amazing

20. The Following User High Fived Valar Morghulis For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Quote Originally Posted by Valar Morghulis View Post
    Free Solo

Amazing
    What is it about? I have seen it in the movie list.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information