Page 685 of 1171 FirstFirst ... 185 585 635 675 683 684 685 686 687 695 735 785 ... LastLast
Results 10,261 to 10,275 of 17560

Thread: Last movie you saw - and rate it

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by Hawgdriver View Post
    netflixs?
    I don't know if it's on Netflix. It was on FX back to back tonight.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    I saw The Purge when it came out on video and didn't think it was all that good. It's just hit FX so I'm catching bits and pieces of it flipping channels during Nuggets timeouts tonight. It's still not good. But the premise is so creepy.
    The first one isn't great but I like the second one.

Quote Originally Posted by Timmy! View Post
    Effing school zones suck. It's only a matter of time before I get nailed in one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Valar Morghulis View Post
    I take the fat out of the pan once no longer hot, smear it all over my genitals, then enter consenting people with my tumescent member.

3. The Following User High Fived weazel For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by weazel View Post
    Yeah, I actually liked them both. Weird for me to like something like this, but I think MO hit it on the head. The premise is just so creepy that it gets into your head and you start thinking about this shit, and how people COULD spin like that. One moment your friend at work, the next they are taking "their right" and swinging at you with an axe because you spilled coffee last week.
    (the previous comment was not directed at any particular individual and was not intended to slander,disrespect or offend any reader of said statement)

5. The Following 2 Users High Fived Ravage!!! For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Ravage!!! View Post
    Yeah, I actually liked them both. Weird for me to like something like this, but I think MO hit it on the head. The premise is just so creepy that it gets into your head and you start thinking about this shit, and how people COULD spin like that. One moment your friend at work, the next they are taking "their right" and swinging at you with an axe because you spilled coffee last week.
    yeah I think that's exactly what it is.

Effing school zones suck. It's only a matter of time before I get nailed in one.
    I take the fat out of the pan once no longer hot, smear it all over my genitals, then enter consenting people with my tumescent member.

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

I didn't watch the second one. Maybe I'll have to do that.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

I saw The Purge when it came out on video and didn't think it was all that good. It's just hit FX so I'm catching bits and pieces of it flipping channels during Nuggets timeouts tonight. It's still not good. But the premise is so creepy.
    Its not a great movie but I love the premise. Too many people in this world, sign me up. Lock and load bitches.
    Quote Originally Posted by King87 View Post
    All must hail NostraTimmy!
    Quote Originally Posted by chazoe60 View Post
    Nostratimmy was right again. All hail nostratimmy.
    I’m the hobbit.

Robocop... the latest one. Horrible, please don't waste your time.

Finally seen Mad Max Fury Road, awesome movie! 9/10. It's a 2 hour movie made for action and that's it, turn your brain off and watch the shit show in front of you. Don't expect life altering decisions, love stories and the like... just get ready for action and enjoy it!

11. The Following 8 Users High Fived weazel For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Paul George

Finally seen Mad Max Fury Road, awesome movie! 9/10. It's a 2 hour movie made for action and that's it, turn your brain off and watch the shit show in front of you. Don't expect life altering decisions, love stories and the like... just get ready for action and enjoy it!
    I watched it on HBO the other night.

Definitely entertaining.

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

So wait, you didnt feel the tenderness that Immortal Joe felt for the choice breeder Splendid? I thought it was moving that he would go to such great lengths for her baby she carried.

14. The Following User High Fived Northman For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Northman View Post
    So wait, you didnt feel the tenderness that Immortal Joe felt for the choice breeder Splendid? I thought it was moving that he would go to such great lengths for her baby she carried.
    I had to pause it while I wept

16. The Following 2 Users High Fived weazel For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

The Big Short- 9/10

Good movie regarding the 2008 collapse of the economy in which a select few of number crunching individuals saw what was going to happen before it happened and tried to protect themselves, their companies, and people around them. It also truly shows jus thow greedy America can be when it comes to taking advantage of people. Some excellent acting by Bale, Pitt, and Carroll. Missy already says that Christian Bale is my boyfriend because of how many movies i like with him in it and this movie doesnt change with that. I mean, you play a character who wears a t-shirt and shorts and plays heavy metal on the stereo while at work. It doesnt get any better than that! My only real problem with the movie is i kind of wish they would of revisited some of the bankers who initially laughed in these guys faces because while i certainly feel bad for the millions of average people who lost homes and whatever else i do not feel sorry at all for the schmucks that made a ton of money off those same people. Its a damn shame only one person was ever convicted of those crimes and so many were bailed out by the government.

Still- N/A

Im not sure how i really feel about this English flick. Part of me wants to really like it and part of me really wants to hate it. The move centers around a man (Aiden Gillen) Tom Carver who has just lost his teenage son in a hit and run accident and is quickly starting to unravel in his personal life with excessive drinking and drugs. The only thing really keeping him together is his ex-wife and current live in girlfriend. Outside of this dilemma is the ongoing investigation of violence erupting in the neighborhood by other teenagers in which one of his good friends is trying to help investigators clean up. Eventually one day Carver bumps into a teenage boy who initially wants to confront him with an attitude before Carver apologizes and they go separate ways. But the boy isnt as forgiving and has managed to follow him home where for the next few weeks he and his buddies harass and intimidate Carver as much as possible. Finally Carver's indifference takes its toll as the group of teens eventually beats and rapes his girlfriend in which they leave her a note to give to Carver. The girlfriend leaves but Carver still does not want to make any kind of stand and only reports the kids (who he cant really identify) after the rape takes place.

The breaking point for Carver seems to come when another young teen whom he was trying to help at a local school and who was being bullied by the other group of teens gets severely beaten up one night. With Carver's friend urging him to do "whats right" because the justice system is broken down they manage to track down the teen that initiated all the harassment, etc. I wont go into too much detail because people may want to check this out as it got a pretty good rating on IMDB but part of my problem with this movie is what is done from this point on. In some ways i understand what the director was doing and why but on the other hand i just have no sympathy for the teen boy. I dont know if that makes me some kind of psychopath because i would feel differently in those circumstances but ive always been huge on personal accountability. But, perhaps because of the little twist at the end is the reason why Carver did what he did at the very end vs what i probably would of done. It was just hard for me to pull for Carver here because there was just a general lack of anger and indifference for most of the movie. I just dont know how to score it because the plot is good, its shot well but it is a bit slow and really doesnt seem to pay off the way i personally wanted it to. Anyway, worth checking out if not more for curiosity sake.

18. The Following 2 Users High Fived Northman For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

North has taken the mantle from Shake. Either that, or he's the champion of a parallel league and is ready for a unified belt title fight.

Dude, great reviews.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sting
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

20. The Following 2 Users High Fived Hawgdriver For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Quote Originally Posted by Hawgdriver View Post
    North has taken the mantle from Shake. Either that, or he's the champion of a parallel league and is ready for a unified belt title fight.

Dude, great reviews.
    Nah, i havent really taken the belt from Shake. That will never happen but when i can i try to give a little more when it comes to stuff ive watched.

End of Watch - 7/10 - Netflix

Always seen this on the list in Netflix and never gave it a chance until the other night. It's a damn good show, worth the watch for sure.

Edge of Darkness - 4/10 - Netflix

Mel Gibson movie about Government corruptness... bleh

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information